onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

20 hours ago, dishydave said:

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

Was Sinclair taking training with Danny or was Pughy by himself?

Advert

Positive here is we have a few bodies back, and key ones at that in Monty, Worrall, Conlon, Cullen and possibly Manny and Gibbo. That’s huge for us really and if we do sign Taylor it’s almost a new XI for Saturday compared to the dross the last few weeks!

Last time we had Woz and Monty fully fit and Manny was Bolton so hopefully it’s more akin to that level of performance than what we’ve been seeing.

It’s a must win this, 8 points and a nice gap opens up especially with the risk the season is PPG again being in that bottom 2 at any point could cost us our EFL place.

Get to 28 points at the half way point and we probably only need about 6 wins and couple of draws to be safe and can go from there.

1 hour ago, ginge said:

This is what I'd go with.

Brown

Mills (only because hes a rightback and fit-dont want to bring gibbons back too soon but he is definitely needed!)

Brisley

Smith

Montano

Joyce

Conlon

Worrall

Hurst

Amoo

Rodney

Probably right, this.

If Robinson and McKirdy are willing to be reintegrated (as dishydave suggests) then I suppose we can't be picky. They're both obstensibly decent footballers in League 2.

Whats the likelihood of the game being on/off? If memory serves me right Vale Park is notorious for frozen pitches. And its -4 Friday night.

Probably, isn’t it the Lorne St side that’s the problem as it’s shaded which means it doesn’t thaw out? Considering it’s only going to get to 1-2c max

Team id go with shake it up a lot .

VIsser 

Hurst Brisley Crookes Montano 

Amoo Conlon Oyeleke Worrall 

Pope Robinson 

Theres ya team that will have a few raised eyebrows but couldn't do any worse than the lot who usually play if anything they might surprise you and be good ,time to show the stealers of a wage you can no longer be trusted 

UTV 

7 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

VIsser 

Pope Robinson 

Theres ya team that will have a few raised eyebrows but couldn't do any worse than the lot who usually play if anything they might surprise you and be good ,time to show the stealers of a wage you can no longer be trusted 

UTV 

Hurst at rightback? Love it 

1 minute ago, ginge said:

Hurst at rightback? Love it 

Why not he is positive and I believe he played there for Bradford ,he will do till Gibbo is back up and running and doing what he does best being one of Vales better players ,like Hurst imagine those quality balls coming in for Pope head down and Robinson to lash home and Worrall coming from the other side aswell .

Vale would be awesome you watch UTV 

35 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

VIsser 

Pope Robinson 

UTV 

Crookes has Covid

Just now, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Crookes has Covid

Has he oh dear that's not good hope he recovers from it, that's ballsed me team up. 

Ok Henderson and fabinho were Liverpools centre halfs the other day so I'm thinking Oyeleke to the back four and Joyce comes in hope is application is better than what it's been  recently ,we should be on the front foot  as we at home ,we don't usually judging by majority of last 13 odd games have a defence or goalie so attack is the best form of defence 

Really would be unfortunate if the game was postponed due to the weather, as it is an opportunity to judge the character of the squad. Was the change in form entirely due to dissatisfaction with  Askey or the loss of key players. Would it help the choice of the next manager or are the owners fully aware of the situation and know the way ahead.  A healthy win could take the pressure off.

Archived