onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

Thats great to hear but I think you have to remember the way squad players have been managed during the poor run its little wonder the intensity had gone. The likes of Theo and McKirdy knew whatever they did in training  they would not get picked on a Saturday or Tuesday (unless it was EFL Trophy) despite the team loosing.

Its a clean slate for everyone of those players and they all know they are now playing for their careers.

Advert

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

That's what I like,some positivity 🌞

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Find it so bad that pro footballers can act as they have done. Disgraceful really. Think we should look to move most of the squad on. 

18 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Find it so bad that pro footballers can act as they have done. Disgraceful really. Think we should look to move most of the squad on. 

Which ones would you move on? It’s only got to take a couple of them to not take training too seriously or not be as intense or be a bit sloppy for it to drag the whole session down and so drag everyone down. Especially when it comes to the little games that they play between themselves too. That’s why players who are causing problems end up getting pushed aside because it can kill a whole session and affect the mood of the team. 

12 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Which ones would you move on? It’s only got to take a couple of them to not take training too seriously or not be as intense or be a bit sloppy for it to drag the whole session down and so drag everyone down. Especially when it comes to the little games that they play between themselves too. That’s why players who are causing problems end up getting pushed aside because it can kill a whole session and affect the mood of the team. 

Most of the squad come the end of the season. 

At the end of the year I’d probably only look to keep. Conlon, gibbons, Monty, Worrall & Rodney, (possibly brown if he gets his form back) Don’t think any of the others have done enough to deserve league 2 football. Agree with what you have put but I really think a pro footballer should be giving 100% come match day and the level of effort from the majority of our players has been a joke. 

Guest Vale at home
25 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We haven’t won any of our last seven games against Grimsby. 

Let’s Hope vale can win on Saturday. . Up the Vale . 

54 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

We haven’t won any of our last seven games against Grimsby. 

I think you might be of an age to remember our record against Walsall - wasnt it about 30 yrs that we didnt win against them..  All these stats about teams we havent won against are just mind games -  Good players dont care about what happened when 22 different players with different officials had a game a year ago, five yrs ago or 30 yrs ago. Every game is about those players on that specific date playing their guts out for their team.

Guest Vale at home
2 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Thanks, that's interesting. A tad worrying too. But then again, until a couple of weeks ago Barrow hadn't beaten the Vale since 1958. And that didn't stop the beggars. 

I do agree .well said. You talk a Lot of common sense. 

51 minutes ago, Vale at home said:

I do agree .well said. You talk a Lot of common sense. 

That's very kind of you. I've been accused of many things in my life, but common sense hasn't necessarily been one of them. Thanks all the same and just hoping for a no nonsense, straight forward, how's your father 2-0 win. 

Archived