onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

Advert

1 hour ago, PVFC764 said:

If that is the case, then it gives Carol a couple of weeks to find a new manager and for him to put his mark on the group and mold them into a playing team again.  Possibly bring in a couple of players as well. 

I thought that too.... I live in hope!!

We haven't beat grimsby in our last 7 meetings with a 2 1 away win in December 2009. Grimsby have also won in there last 2 visits to vale Park.

True, we always had a decent record before then. Recall at VP we used to generally beat them and often heavily a 4-0 under Adams and a cracking 5-1 under Horton when Bridgey and Cummins took them apart. Think it was 4-1 at HT!

One omen though, the season before last both clubs had a new manager at the helm for one of the meetings! (Aspin and Jolley)

We might have to go Mills Smith Brisley Monty at the back. The only other fit defender is Fitz who hasn’t been as bad as three of those but could he do a better job than, say, Mills? Smith - implicated in ? Three of Mansfield’s goals... I don’t get it, has he got some post viral thing? His form this last month has been totally at odds with the years before.

I obviously want to see a good performance but in a way I'll be disappointed if the players do put in a good performance against Grimsby because that would demonstrate that they really were trying to get Askey the sack.

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

25 minutes ago, dishydave said:

I've been watching training this morning and the intensity is back theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked. But we move on and I recon we will put 3 or 4 past these on Saturday

Good not the part of costing the manager is job ,good that they can enjoy being a professional footballer again and feel part of the squad again if it means Vale start winning and all the players are happy again so be it .

That's what the supporters want they want a W by Vale for win .

I hope the new manager plays a system that gets these 2 playing brilliantly for Vale and the rest of them 

UTV 

45 minutes ago, dishydave said:

theo and Kirdy have ran more in the 20 minutes I was watching than they have all season. It's shocking to think that they have cost the club points just to get a man sacked.

No doubt they've underperformed but let's be honest they've been bit part players during the current run.

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Who took training with Pugh?

The reality is that every player now should see this as their chance to get back into the side. So those players who under Askey knew they had no chance of playing now realise they could have a chance and so up their intensity in training. That’s what the new manager bounce does, it gives everyone a fresh start and a chance to impress.

As Pugh has been around the first team squad all season he knows what, if anything, as been going on. A bit late to suddenly play your socks off. On the other hand my biggest criticism of JA was his single minded game plan, if the players didn't fit the system they were basically discarded. All players now have the opportunity to show what they can do and Pugh needs to do what all good managers do & pick the best system to suit the players that he has available. Also try and buy into it is a 16 man team these days, use your subs intelligently.

Archived