onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Grimsby Town

Fosse69

Listening to Radio Stoke yesterday they were inflating that Taylor wants to ultimately play in league 1 at least so I can't see him joining the Vale any time soon.
Grimsby will definitely see this as a game they can win, certainly if they can score first.
It must surely be time for a change of formation so I'll go for
Brown
Mills Smith Brisley Fitzpatrick
Worrall Conlon Joyce Montano
Rodney Pope.
2-0 With Pope and Conlon scoring vital, vital goals.
Wanting and getting are 2 completely different things, which he (and sproson) would do well to remember. Didn't whitfield have the same visions of grandeur?

Advert

Wanting and getting are 2 completely different things, which he (and sproson) would do well to remember. Didn't whitfield have the same visions of grandeur?
Agreed bud, I'd like nothing more than him to get there with the Vale but I'm assuming from the way I heard it that both he and Sproson see his next club as a little further up the table at least - figuring that we look unlikely to be mounting a serious promotion charge any time soon.

4 hours ago, Biddulph_PV said:

0-0 between two really poor teams.

At the start of the match yes.  After a minute we will be 1 down again.  20th minute 2 down and at the end of the match 5 down.  We will probably finish with 9 players on the pitch after two of them fight each other as the discipline seems to have gone as well.

Then we will be just above the relegation zone.  May be then Carol and the team will finally do something about the situation.  Just like JA and Co's subs.  You hope it comes sooner than usual, but you know it will be very late in the game and nothing will change.

Please sort something out before its too late one way or another.

Seen a few teams in the thread and of course we are down to scraps with injuries and suspension. 

It won't happen next week for what I've just written and I hate picking on individuals it's a bit cowardly of me in a way.

But......I never ever ever after next Saturday want to see Mills or Whitehead in a Vale shirt again. 

Absolutely dreadful and shocking signings. 

To be honest I really don't think this game will go ahead.

With covid testing across the EFL starting tomorrow I would be very surprised to see matches taking place.Injuries, suspensions and covid protocols I think will take its toll and just can't see there are going to be enough players available across the lower leagues.

I'm expecting an enforced 2 week break across the EFL to be announced this week.

Brown

Monty

Brisley

Crookes

Smith

Joyce

Burgess

Worrall

Amoo

Pope

Rodney

Though Hurst should probably play, <ovf censored> it play him alongside Joyce and Worrall in mid 3 - can’t be worse.

After paying ten pounds watch yesterday and the Barrow match I can safely say that I cannot pick a team ,I do not mind one or two not putting a shift in but 10 out of the 11 well you got no chance .

Something needs be done before this game either 

1 Askey resigns 

2 Askey transfer list the players who no longer want play for him and more importantly the ones who are conning the supporters of the joy of been a football fan as quite clearly if chosen by your manager you do not lie down and have your belly tickled  like these players are doing .

So team Monty Hurst and 9 others hopefully 9 up for it players who are willing give there all for the shirt .

1 hour ago, MBE said:

To be honest I really don't think this game will go ahead.

With covid testing across the EFL starting tomorrow I would be very surprised to see matches taking place.Injuries, suspensions and covid protocols I think will take its toll and just can't see there are going to be enough players available across the lower leagues.

I'm expecting an enforced 2 week break across the EFL to be announced this week.

If that is the case, then it gives Carol a couple of weeks to find a new manager and for him to put his mark on the group and mold them into a playing team again.  Possibly bring in a couple of players as well. 

But that wont happen at all.  We will still be with Askey and Co and moving down the league.

43 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

If that is the case, then it gives Carol a couple of weeks to find a new manager and for him to put his mark on the group and mold them into a playing team again.  Possibly bring in a couple of players as well. 

But that wont happen at all.  We will still be with Askey and Co and moving down the league.

Could also mean she might stick with Askey knowing the injured players should all be fit and maybe new players added... its a dangerous game but at the moment we just dont know

Archived