Clinton Boulton

I don't know if I've missed this but Nobby Horton has just tweeted RIP Clinton......it seems Clinton Boulton has passed away. I don't know the details but if true just puts a bloody tin hat on today/this season/this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I don't know if I've missed this but Nobby Horton has just tweeted RIP Clinton......it seems Clinton Boulton has passed away. I don't know the details but if true just puts a bloody tin hat on today/this season/this year.

What a player.

If true so so sad.

• Like 3

If I remember he played right back in 69/ 70 promotion season I used to sit on the grass section of the corner in front of family stand as it is now. Only start & end of the season if true RIP Clinton

• Like 2

My first Vale hero. I started going to watch the Vale in 69 and so was lucky enough to see Clinton Boulton. Super player who wore his heart on his sleeve and would run through walls for the team. I can still see him now in the All White.

Really sad news

Rest in Peace and Thankyou

• Like 2

Great player for Vale.I too remember him in that team,all in white!!Didn't he come through the City of Stoke on Trent schoolboys team at the time,along with a few more good local lads?Fond memories and nice to see a poster on here using his name too.RIP Clinton and thanks for the memories.

• Like 3

That all white strip. The good old days no sponsors on the shirt I do remember Roy Sprosons header v Newport ( I'm sure) & the picture in the sentinel. A mate of mine said look how high he is above their player! Great memories.

• Like 4

If my memory serves me right ...
Old Trafford, Man United away, evening game, all white strip, Clinton penned into the right corner, casually lifted it over the United players back to our Keeper.
Doesn't sound much, but cool, real cool.
One of my favourites too, as he was my age and easy to think of as a kindred spirit.
Sad, sad news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Old Trafford, Man United away, evening game, all white strip, Clinton penned into the right corner, casually lifted it over the United players back to our Keeper.
One of my favourites too, as he was my age and easy to think of as a kindred spirit.
Sad, sad news.

I thought Colin Tartt did that lob back to the keeper anyway, very sad news the kind of character that the team sadly misses these days.

So sorry to learn about the passing of Clint. I too remember  the 69/70 promotion season. He was an outstanding player at right back, and became a utility player when sold to Torquay, where he settled after leaving us.  
What we would give for a player of his commitment and talent at our level today.
The 69/70 season takes me back to all the games I travelled to with Owd Sage. Should Michael and Clint get together up above, the conversation will no doubt mention that particular campaign. And knowing Mike, he would have a thing or two to say about the current situation at Vale Park.
RIP Clint

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Did well in midfield too. I think we got £10k for him which I suppose was decent money at the time. I recall being upset at his sale as he was a good player and Torquay hardly an attraction. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

Sad, sad news.

When was that game Dave? I recall Wigan at Man U but not Utd until years later? 

Nice comments above.

I too began watching the Vale in the early sixties and have very happy memories of Boulton and his fellow full back Wilson. He was one of my early heroes. Liked to get forward and could score a goal or two.  Very fond memories of him. I was gutted when we sold him to Torquay, as I was a few years later when Horton was sold.

As you say, that all white kid was special.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1