onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New year message from Carol

boslemportvale91

I think it's clear that Carol has thought this issue through a lot. It's refreshing to have a considered response to an issue after obvious reflection. The accusations that she is 'scared of making decisions' are obviously complete rubbish.

Again, as it's been made clear, some fans (including me) believe a change should be made, but Carol is infinitely more qualified than I or any other Vale fan to make this call. I think my view is fairly reasonable, and I imagine Carol has probably considered it herself at several junctures.

However, she's got clear principles that guide her decisions and I fully back her on that front; a welcome change to the Rioja-fuelled scattergun approach of 2013-19. It'll be very interesting to see how this plays out over the coming months, with a crucial January in store.

A final point from this saga is that we should aim to diminish the clowns in the fanbase, and not magnify them with incessant references/discussions about them. We end up painting our club in a bad light. 

Debates over the manager are part and parcel of football, and Vale fans arriving on here to shut them down were foolish; it would happen in every fanbase, and in my view is perfectly healthy. Debate and argue by all means, but you were never going to stifle discussion on this issue, and I doubt Carol would want that. If we continue to struggle, the debates will continue, and rightly so; I don't fancy logging on here to see 100 posts of the same opinion, or what's the point in watching football?

The minority of specimens who feel compelled to let Carol know their opinion directly are not worth the focus and attention some want to give them. Ignore them, call them daft, and leave it. The Wonder of Port Vale is, I'm sure, a good forum for fans to chat about Vale, but is also full of folk who rarely attend and like the attention of being the contrarian. It's a shame that Carol has distanced herself from social media but very few owners actively engage in that manner anymore. Not saying it's right, just the sum of football + idiots x social media, a horrendous cocktail.

Let us not paint what is a very passionate and supportive fanbase into some form of Italian-ultras group who harass the staff and players, as it's simply not true. Every fanbase in England has numpties (believe the Potters have a tendency to storm boardrooms/boo their greatest manager, as an example); social media has given them a voice that their rational faculties (or lack thereof) shouldn't have access to. In my view, most Vale fans deserve a medal for retaining what little sanity we have left following the unmitigated and consistent disaster of 2003-2019.

I don't pay much attention to New Years stuff, but I think after the traumatic year many of us have had, in which we perhaps all know someone Vale who is no longer with us, it's fair to reflect and surmise that we are blessed to have Carol Shanahan as our Chairlady, and, bar a few idiots, we've got a great fanbase, as much as some wind me up. We may have stumbled a tad, but we are undoubtedly (perhaps slowly), making the right steps in all aspects, which we've failed to do in my entire lifetime of supporting this infuriating affair.

A ramble but, to quote every American athlete, often people/institutions are strengthened through a tough time/adversity. I hope we can treat this year as a vital learning experience and move forward. Carol will have learned more about running a football club this year than she ever anticipated. 

Up the Cheeky Whites. Let's have this tinpot league. Into these.

Advert

Facebook I’m not even on so can’t comment . But there are certainly a handful on here who have started to try and turn the tide against carol . Fortunately people haven’t taken the bait. There was even a group set up to slag off the clubs new Moto ‘want need expect’

I’m sure much appreciated by owners and staff who work hard behind the scenes.

Carol wants and deserves a family club that serves the community and equally the community serves the club back with some positivity and appreciation.

I have every confidence in her decision making and ambition for the club and myself and many others are proud to have her as the owner

Up the vale and here’s to a return to form when the players are back and fit

I’m not on two faced book, so I can’t see what morons have been posting. Hopefully they’re not Vale fans just buffoons from another club. There is no place for it and I’d like to say a personal TY to C&K, for what they’ve done for the club and ALL its supporters. 
Wishing you all and your families a safe and healthy 2021.

COYW.

Many of the same gobshltes who used to slag off B&G. 

Literally just reading some old comments now, " fans want to grab the pitch forks before any rational thought." said about getting rid of NS a few years ago, from the same thick morons now tagging the Shanahans to moan and screech at them.

If NS wasn't forced out with assistance from B&G pressure that will eventually become public at some point in the far future, there would be no club. Some people would deserve that. Knobs. 

She's a wonderful owner and person. Sadly I think the club will be held back somewhat by the manager. Askey is a nice bloke, a good fella. I want him to do the business. Not just to shut me up, it's not about me at all. I just don't think he's up to task, not up to getting the club out of this shocking league. If he's still in the job after January as it seems he will then just give him to the end of the season, where we will finish lower mid-table with a bit of luck, and then say thanks and goodbye next summer. He can go to another struggling League Two club and help steady them as he did superbly for us last season.

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

Many of the same gobshltes who used to slag off B&G. 

Literally just reading some old comments now, " fans want to grab the pitch forks before any rational thought." said about getting rid of NS a few years ago, from the same thick morons now tagging the Shanahans to moan and screech at them.

If NS wasn't forced out with assistance from B&G pressure that will eventually become public at some point in the far future, there would be no club. Some people would deserve that. Knobs. 

Haha, I built up quite a list of people who thought B&G were out to do the club in and Norm was a hero. Not surprised to learn they've got another fundamental issue wrong.

45 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

If I were Askey, I don't know whether I would be worried or not that the manager's position isn't mentioned.

At least he hasn't got the dreaded vote of no confidence...

I think all signs emanating from the club, including this statement, resoundingly affirm Askey is going nowhere.

Fair play to Carol.  Hopefully those demanding a statement from the club are happy now, and everyone can concentrate on supporting the team and owners as best we all can for the remainder of the season and beyond.

I’d like to sincerely wish all those connected to the club in any way the very best of luck and every success  for the coming new year.

I think all signs emanating from the club, including this statement, resoundingly affirm Askey is going nowhere.
Apart from the interesting line that she won't shy away from difficult decisions, she makes them everyday.
Still think at the moment though they think the squad is strong enough to turn things around. I tend to agree, this season is far from over.

We have to trust Carol on the manager front. Only those within the club really know what has been going on. I for one do not doubt if a tough decision needs to be made Carol will make it. Many a tough decision must have been made throughout Synergy’s business lifetime.

2020 has been sh*t we all know this. Let’s hope 2021 is far better and results improve and we climb the league sure and steady to make those playoffs.

Happy New Year all have a good and safe one.

UTV

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

If I were Askey, I don't know whether I would be worried or not that the manager's position isn't mentioned.

At least he hasn't got the dreaded vote of no confidence...

Keep losing and its obvious what would happen but lets hope now we can turn it around with players coming back to fitness(and important ones at that) potential new signings on the horizon.

I think there is a lot more to come from Carol and her plans going forward....love our owners and love our club

Happy New Year to you all on here even the twonks 🙂 

Firstly a very honest statement there ,secondly I love the faith she has kept in the manager (i have no faith in him)but that takes a strong leader be like that let's hope he rewards her faith with a outstanding second half of season .

I would never tag the owners in nothing or would I be friends on Instagram with players etc as yesireact badly to Vale playing poorly on here or the facebook Vale sites but I would never personally be abusing someone directly ,its not worth it they will not be better players for it .

Thanks Carol /Kevin for saving the club and the wonderful work you do off the pitch let's hope that spreads to players and management .

Happy New year to you all at Vale 

Archived