onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New year message from Carol

boslemportvale91

Advert

I love speaking with everyone and I miss you all terribly but chatting before a match or on the phone is totally different to being tagged on literally hundreds of messages that I can’t possibly (and, in truth, it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to) read and respond to.

We do, however, ensure that everything is read as we want feedback – the positive and negative – because it’s the best way to understand and learn.

Facebook gimps. Leave her alone. 

Some are just as bad on here, though some of the idiotic comments on FB beggar belief.

I love speaking with everyone and I miss you all terribly but chatting before a match or on the phone is totally different to being tagged on literally hundreds of messages that I can’t possibly (and, in truth, it wouldn’t be appropriate for me to) read and respond to.
We do, however, ensure that everything is read as we want feedback – the positive and negative – because it’s the best way to understand and learn.
Facebook gimps. Leave her alone. 

A well-written and excellent post. It is clear Carol has faith in the current set up and we need to wholeheartedly support that, whether we agree with it or not. 

The freaks on social media who tag her in stuff are just wrong'uns. Every club has them. 

We're still extremely lucky to have Carol as our Chairlady. 

A side note, I found this passage interesting - 

As such, I completely understand (and share) the frustrations you have all felt through November and December.  

I have realised during the past couple of months that my focus needed to change.

Whilst the club has many supporters it only has one leader and, whilst being a fan is a huge benefit, it can’t be the major driver for me.

A well thought through statement! Carol for me is addressing the concerns that we have as supporters during these challenging on/off the field activities.

As a professional and capable person, she has gone as far as I feel she can go with this communication point. Better sometimes to say nothing than create even more unrest.

I’m sure we all know we have the greatest owners in the land and that they are trying to improve the club in many directions, with the football side an important part.

I am hurt and frustrated when the pitch side results go negative, I cringe behind the screen at times, weekend spoiled, I’d kick the cat ( metaphorically) if I had one.

Mistakes have been made this season, let’s ensure that everyone, reflects and moves forward?

I look forward to a positive 2021 and will continue to support the club.

UTV

P.S. Would hope that JA makes a resolution about substitutes and game management.

Its good that we've had a message, and a well written one at that, but my worry is next season. We sold so many season tickets because expectations were so high, and success looked as though it was returning to VP, but this seasons performances will surely knock off a thousand ST's from that figure.

I think this bit was bang on:

As much as supporters would like regular updates of what is happening behind the scenes at the club very often we are limited on what we can, or often should, say.

When I or the club have something to say and we feel it is appropriate to do so we won’t shy away from saying it. In the same way that I won’t shy away from making difficult decisions. I do this every day – it’s just that few will ever get to see and hear about such decisions.

We can't expect to know everything that goes on at the club nor should the club tell us. 

This is what some on here have cried out for and now they have got it,very good and well thought out from Carol.

We all know she is sticking with Askey so like it or not we go with that,luckily we are still only 6 points off the play offs despite this shocking run.

We have got to all stick together now and lets do this

Happy new year vale family 

7 minutes ago, mikey said:

Its good that we've had a message, and a well written one at that, but my worry is next season. We sold so many season tickets because expectations were so high, and success looked as though it was returning to VP, but this seasons performances will surely knock off a thousand ST's from that figure.

The upside would be 1,000 more paying on the day when we spread our wings again.

But we do not know how the 2nd half will turn out, players can develop so raising spirits, the season may be curtailed. The main thing is a sound business footing in the current circumstances.

As ever, an open, honest and warm message from Carol.  As supporters, we all like (me included) a bit of tittle-tattle about what's going on at our beloved club, but obviously within the constraints and rules that a chairperson is governed by, there are things that cannot be publicly shared.  I for one trust Carol to keep us informed when there are important things to be communicated. In the meantime, we should probably keep any 'conspiracy theories' to ourselves and be patient for any developments both off and on the pitch.

I for one certainly have the greatest respect for all that Carol & Kevin have done, and indeed continue to do, for our club.  I just hope that we all give thanks that they are in charge in these massively difficult circumstances and give them the trust, respect and space to do their jobs running Port Vale.

To the two of them, all those involved on-pitch, behind the scenes and also to the wider PV team, plus of course, all supporters; a very happy new year, let's all hope that 2021 is less traumatic and much kinder to everyone.  I shall certainly keep the faith.  Up the Vale!

Archived