Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a disappointing thing to read from a fellow vale fan.

I’ve tried to calm down but I can’t, I’m so livid still. I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an

Typical OVF meltdown today. We’ve only lost one game in 2021.

Posted Images

That team played like Askey sounded yesterday. I've backed him for as long as I could I've found it hard to believe the rumours of discontent within the dressing room but after the last 2 weeks I'm now convinced something is wrong at our club. By her own admission carol has taken her eyes off the ball on the football side of things and she needs to sort it out otherwise the kind lady that saved football by voting to end the season last year will only be remembered for losing our league status this year

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Some people have remarked that, if Vale fans were allowed at matches the atmosphere would be toxic. Let me assure you - it already is! One of the worst things...ever...on a forum like this is the name-calling of people who have a different opinion to yourself. Not only referring to you JoeB, but there has been plenty on here taking the piss out of people on Radio Sjoke, tonight; and against previous posters on here - just because they don't see things as pessimistically as yourselves. If everyone lost hope, and had no optimism, we would be in a sorry state of our own making! Debate things by all means - just lay off the name-calling, eh?

Also - we have no real idea whether something is wrong behind the scenes - so let's stop speculating...it's how conspiracy theories begin, and people run with them, then others take this as the truth! And leave it to the owners - Carol making an excellent speech about being aware of problems, and knowing how to sort them out - it's called being a businessperson...which, I suspect, most of you are not? And FFS can we stop taking the piss out of Vale's community work - which has no bearing at all on the on-pitch Vale. or much of the early stages if this, there wasn't even any football played; and if making changes of personnel has to be done, it can only - mostly - be done at certain times. You all know this! Delivering food to the needy doesn't affect football matters!!!!!

I was one of your numpties who got bored with Page's negative, listless, boring football - much more appropriate for trying to grind out results for a small national side! I can't quite believe people would even contemplate advocating Tony Pulis...sacked at WBA...sacked at Sheff Wed for making the worst ever start for a new Wednesday manager; nor for Micky Adams, who quit after 6 straight defeats? I can understand the clamour for Derek Adams, who has a reasonable record, or John Coleman, from Accy who has a similarly-good record, and both on what must be low budgets? But - there is no position to be filled...we have a manager until the owner of the Vale decides otherwise. If it doesn't suit - sorry...that's just the way it is! Personally, I think it's time he went...but it's not my decision, so I won't keep banging on about it...nor calling Vale fans snitty little names!  

Alright you've gone on a big rant because I said you were a numpty for wanting a manager gone 4 years ago, chill my man. 

Edited by Joe B

8 hours ago, blackdog said:

Do people seriously believe that the Community work is carried out by the football side of the company ?

If they are stupid then i guess they do

Anyway back on track,i lost faith in Askey after the Barrow game(i had backed him on here up to then) there was a slight battling improvement at Bradford BUT yesterday wow,if he is to go i dont think it will happen until early this coming week,he should of gone straight after the game but i think Carol is more professional than that. Having said that if he is in charge on Saturday then i have truly lost faith and dont think i can arsed.

It will be interesting to see who takes training tomorrow

• Like 2

Advert:

Posted (edited)

Consider this...

At the moment we have 25 points from 22 games. That is just about survival form.

What if our form dips even more and this so-called “circuit breaker” comes into play but becomes a bit more permanent as far as this seasons concerned??

Could it be that PPG does us over twice???

Edited by Biddulph_PV

That was a performance from a team thats not trying.  Whatever has gone on I fear Askey has acted too late and I don't see how he keeps his job much longer.  I dont want Askey to go but if the whole squad has downed tools then it is looking like he has zero hope of winning them back.

I guess we are about to see Popey have a stab.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I’ve tried to calm down but I can’t, I’m so livid still.

I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an off day I can accept that.

I can’t accept yesterday as I couldn’t Boxing Day.

I don’t know if any players read this forum but if you do how dare you! How dare you wear that crest on your chest and not put the effort it! This is a working class club and the bare minimum we expect if you to go out there and try and win the game, give it your all regardless of if it’s good enough or not to win on the day.

Fans have ploughed money in, the players got 100% pay whilst on furlough that very few other people got. You cowards! Absolute cowards! If you have a problem in the work place sort it, grow up! Your adults. If you can’t play for the badge on the shirt get out of our club! Your a complete and utter disgrace!

To the players who are trying the fans know who you are and will rightly be exonerated.

You’ve got Hurst busting his <ovf censored> in that shower yesterday to produce the goods. He’s played what 5 league games now and shown more than the rest put together first half!

Brown, Monty, Pope, Woz and Hurst probably are about the only ones who come out of yesterday giving the effort. Brown and Monty at least looked like they gave a <ovf censored>.

Let’s pray injuries clear up this week and most of those never wear that shirt again.

If they do with the application showing relegation is inevitable.

I’m still livid over the performance, too. 

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice that, again, Monty was the only one to show a bit of desire? It was the same against Orient. Only one who came out with credit.

• Like 4

Advert:

Can anyone explain how there being 'problems behind the scenes' led to such a spineless display?

I don't see the link. You're on the pitch, you're wearing the shirt, get on with it. Why do they need it all to be rosy at training to do their jobs?

Sick of these excuses. Get it sorted and get on with your jobs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Did anyone else notice that, again, Monty was the only one to show a bit of desire? It was the same against Orient. Only one who came out with credit.

Yep, he’s the only that’s shown a bit of passion for most of the season. The rest don’t look fussed whether they win or lose. 

24 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an off day I can accept that.

I don’t know if any players read this forum but if you do how dare you! How dare you wear that crest on your chest and not put the effort it! This is a working class club and the bare minimum we expect if you to go out there and try and win the game, give it your all regardless of if it’s good enough or not to win on the day.

Fans have ploughed money in, the players got 100% pay whilst on furlough that very few other people got. You cowards! Absolute cowards! If you have a problem in the work place sort it, grow up! Your adults. If you can’t play for the badge on the shirt get out of our club! Your a complete and utter disgrace!

To the players who are trying the fans know who you are and will rightly be exonerated.

You’ve got Hurst busting his <ovf censored> in that shower yesterday to produce the goods. He’s played what 5 league games now and shown more than the rest put together first half!

Brown, Monty, Pope, Woz and Hurst probably are about the only ones who come out of yesterday giving the effort. Brown and Monty at least looked like they gave a <ovf censored>.

Let’s pray injuries clear up this week and most of those never wear that shirt again.

Can't accuse Brown of not trying ( which you haven't ) however he is a shadow of the player he was.

It's Visser time for me or why sign him . 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can anyone explain how there being 'problems behind the scenes' led to such a spineless display?

I don't see the link. You're on the pitch, you're wearing the shirt, get on with it. Why do they need it all to be rosy at training to do their jobs?

Sick of these excuses. Get it sorted and get on with your jobs. 

I don’t get it either. 
I also never understand the excuse that they’re not playing for the manager. It shouldn’t matter; it’s your job so go out there and give it your best. Shame we only have a few who do so 

39 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can't accuse Brown of not trying ( which you haven't ) however he is a shadow of the player he was.

It's Visser time for me or why sign him . 

He did the same with Maddison and lets be fair Mckirdy etc. The bigger question is why does he not equally give all the fringe players a fair opportunity or chance.

• Like 1

Advert:

57 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

You are not alone mate. No comfort I know. 

I am not sure if it boils down to players not trying or just simply not being good enough, past it or bang out of form. 

We are shuffling the same dead ducks every week because The alternatives are no better and worse. So frustrating. 

• Like 2

Why is he not gone yet? Like seriously what is going on there is not a single team throughout the whole english football pyramid that would still have a manager after the run of results and dismal perfomances we have witnessed over the last THIRTEEN games. I am not giving them a single penny more until he is gone. 

it is completely unacceptable that we are settling for this 

44 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t get it either. 
I also never understand the excuse that they’re not playing for the manager. It shouldn’t matter; it’s your job so go out there and give it your best. Shame we only have a few who do so 

Each little rumour that’s come out could all add up and become a culmination of everything that’s affecting the training and the players mindsets? Negative attitudes in training from those 2 players not featuring (Mckirdey and Theo), negative attitude from Clark in training which affected his performances and saw him dropped, rumours of Sinclair undermining the manager in training, rumours of some players not being signed by Askey, rumours of carols son trying to implement his ideas behind the scenes and even having a hand in signing players. Each little one seems like something that could be dealt with in isolation, but maybe it just adds up to a bigger issue? Who knows. There’s lots of Chinese whispers and smoke coming from various sources in the club and I’ve heard a lot of of similar stories from different people. But there’s something gone massively wrong over the last 2 months and it’s a shame that on the outside it looks like some players could be using it as an excuse when the reality is that they are responsible for their own individual performances. Equally Askey is responsible for putting the team out on the pitch, building team spirit and keeping everyone on board too.