Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

You never know. I mean Carol is certainly a decent person and very much motivated to give something back to the local area. My biggest fear is she bought Vale as a platform for that, rather than purely having a successful football team. 

At our level, the two do not go hand in hand. We have to be ruthless to get success and I just don’t see that. Even her New Year statement deviated to community work and other stuff. 

Very big clubs, like Arsenal, United etc have huge community initiatives because it is good PR, but with vast resources can afford it. 

I also wonder if having to pay installments to evil Smurfwaite with no match revenue is hitting harder than we are being told. 

I disagree with you on your comments TJH - there's no reason why the 2 things can't go hand in hand.  Carol is a businesswoman and she knows that the team has to perform first.  She is a fan, and that in my book is a huge plus.  I think it is wrong that there is negativity towards her after she saved the club, although like others on here I think she is about to make another really important call.  It may be that losing gate revenue and paying of Smurf is a double whammy that is hurting the club, but I don't see her as using the vale to promote her community ethic.  I think she wants us to be successful on the pitch, but bought a club at an inflated price from a shyster at a very bad time for football and the country.  We should be right behind her, not questioning her motives, in my humble opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Advert:

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a disappointing thing to read from a fellow vale fan.

I’ve tried to calm down but I can’t, I’m so livid still. I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an

Typical OVF meltdown today. We’ve only lost one game in 2021.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

It does sound like it and he knows he has 2 1/2 years left of his contract.  So that would be a good pay off and may be he is waiting for a good settlement before going.

Some one saying stick with him.  He know's what he is doing - think it's gone past that.  

Sam Allardyce was on Talksport a few years ago discussing this. He said that despite what fans think and the press report, most elite football managers get between 6 months to 12 months salary if sacked, irrespective of the length of the initial contract signed.

Just now, Jacko51 said:

Just had a dig around. Apparently he was 2/1 with the bookies at one point and has a release clause in his contract. 

Makes no difference though as yet Jean,as we are still stuck with Askey as it stands

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

If Askey admits there is interference as such then lets have a night of the long knives, name names lance the boil and clear the air, this long slow death is no good for anyone  especially Port Vale Football Club.

So who is interfering:-

Carole, Colin Garlick, JR, 
Can’t be anyone else can it..........

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

You never know. I mean Carol is certainly a decent person and very much motivated to give something back to the local area. My biggest fear is she bought Vale as a platform for that, rather than purely having a successful football team. 

No chance. Have you ever heard her talk? She's a fan like all of us and wants Vale to be a success and for fans to be proud of their team.

Dumb comment.

• Like 5

Advert:

Might have gone better if he was actually being played.
Have you seen him play this season? He's had plenty of opportunity. Christ, there's more life and movement in my grandad and he's been dead for 15 years
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jeffers said:

It must be

But not one of them makes any sense do they?

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hate it. It's a League 2 football club, and they make it sound like the inner workings of the Russian State.

Either say it bluntly or get on with it. These little insinuations that there's some nefarious force wreaking havoc at Port Vale is ridiculous. 

It’s funny but regardless of who owns the club there always seem me to be “problems behind the scenes”....

Same with the Bratt pack, same with Smurf and now seemingly the same with the Shanahans. 

Posted (edited)

Worst possible start to the game possible, things just went down hill from there.

Sooner Vale can get back to a starting outfield 10 of Gibbo Brisley Smith Montano Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall with 2 or 3 additions, hopefully Jake Taylor being one,  the sooner results will turn around.

Failure to beat Grimsby and JA will be history assuming Carol has someone lined up.

Obvious the summer recruitment was awful, I don't like criticizing individual players but it has to be said Mills, Fitz, Whitehead and Robinson are not good enough 

Edited by Paul6754
  • Like 2

Advert:

1 minute ago, jeffers said:

Maybe Carol's son has advanced from helping to design the kit, to insisting on picking the team and tactics?! 🤔 🤣

(maybe he's even been playing without us knowing!.........has anyone ever seen him and Whitehead in the same place at the same time?! 😆)

• Like 1

Just now, Paul6754 said:

Worst possible start to the game possible, things just went down hill from there.

Sooner Vale can get back to a starting outfield 10 of Gibbo Brisley Smith Montano Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Rodney with 2 or 3 additions, hopefully Jake Taylor being one,  the sooner results will turn around.

Failure to beat Grimsby and JA will be history assuming Carol has someone lined up.

Obvious the summer recruitment was awful, I don't like criticizing individual players but it has to be said Mills, Fitz, Whitehead and Robinson are not good enough 

Fitz isn’t that bad, agree about the other 3 though.

• Like 1

Just now, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Sinclair? 

Yes .... I deliberately left him off the list, but where does he lie in the heirachy. Who does he report to, Garlick presumably, in which case JA has a point.

6 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Cant for one minute imagine it being Carol thats for sure,could be the experienced pro's,could be Sinclair(all seems to have gone pear shaped since he came in) none of us know but it needs sorting  out

Advert:

eeh im vexed! wasted 93mins  of mylife, and spent ten beer vouchers . askey sounded like a broken man on radio sjoke. lost the plot. lost the players, lost 99pc of the fans, carol, hold the pies and sort the football out! ive been a supporter for 65 years the football set up is the worse ive seen at the club.  big decisions need to be taken re players and staff or else forget your 4000 season tickets. we will be a non league club.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Smith is having his worst spell for us. He has played better but he has too many mistakes, big mistakes, every season. He is a league two, mid table player at best. Always has been and always will be.

No disputing that at all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

No chance. Have you ever heard her talk? She's a fan like all of us and wants Vale to be a success and for fans to be proud of their team.

Dumb comment.

Let’s believe when we see it.  I see a wildly successful meals on wheels scheme and a dire, struggling league 2 team that even Norman Smurfwaite would feel ashamed of. 

In fact he used to come out with all sorts of bull stories about Championship in five years etc. 

About time we saw some actual outcomes delivered. Not fairy tales.