Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

A classic night of P&G.

'Plenty of big rooms in the Admin Building!'

'Get the stoke youngsters in'

Ben's crescendo of anger, untrammelled rage which led to a feedback loop of increasingly incendiary and unhinged (but accurate) rants.

Sarah dropping 'Want. Need. Expect' into every sentence and saying that the positivity would be roaring at Vale Park.

One for the annals. Having a hoot, me. 

Why is it a hoot  ?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Mario said:

Why is it a hoot  ?

Because the callers are all really funny and if you're not laughing at present, you're fuming. 

What you implying mate? I couldn't imagine!

Edited by Joe B
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jeffers said:

Seems like his mind is not 100% on the job in hand. 

It does sound like it and he knows he has 2 1/2 years left of his contract.  So that would be a good pay off and may be he is waiting for a good settlement before going.

Some one saying stick with him.  He know's what he is doing - think it's gone past that.  

• Like 1

I am just amazed how the decline as come so fast. I recall watching the exeter match, the bench was full of experience and the team looked quality. I just thought we would be very close to top 3, and compairing that today is unbeleivable!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A classic night of P&G.

'Plenty of big rooms in the Admin Building!'

'Get the stoke youngsters in'

Ben's crescendo of anger, untrammelled rage which led to a feedback loop of increasingly incendiary and unhinged (but accurate) rants.

Sarah dropping 'Want. Need. Expect' into every sentence and saying that the positivity would be roaring at Vale Park.

One for the annals. Having a hoot, me. 

Now someone's saying keep Askey in! 1 win in 12 is it? 😂😂😂

19 minutes ago, philmpv said:
25 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:
Who is this muppet on radio stoke? 
Pope has said before he gave up his captaincy to concentrate on goals.

That didn't go to plan then did it?

Might have gone better if he was actually being played.

15 minutes ago, osprey said:

not a chance - why would he leave a team on the up to join one on the way down 

It happens

If Askey says things are going on interference as such then that could scupper the idea of anyone decent coming it,it would have to be someone who would put up with that

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Having been a vale supporter for over 60 years, i have seen plenty highs and lows at the club. as nice a guy a John Askey seems i  never believed  he was capable of getting vale promoted. He seems to have no plan b,  not able to react to other managers changing tactics. Sadly i think if Carol does not respond quickly to the on the pitch problems she could be in the  unenviable position of being the owner to take the club into non league.

Edited by JohnP
wrong spelling
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

It does sound like it and he knows he has 2 1/2 years left of his contract.  So that would be a good pay off and may be he is waiting for a good settlement before going.

Some one saying stick with him.  He know's what he is doing - think it's gone past that.  

its a learning curve for anyone not having owned a football club before. the owners will be relutctant to throw anymore 3 year deals to anyone after this latest debacle.

What the hell was that .

The performance was worse than the Barrow one .

Happy New year Vale fans ,that's your happy new year message from the players all I saw was a team of GUTLESS players who played like the club was about to close .

Askey I want him gone but that today was players supposedly representing our fans .

Mansfield were good but we made them look like Real Madrid adefo back to the sinnott days performance from the players .

Was Smith playing for them ? 

Think he was at the heart of 3 of there goals 

• Like 3

Askey should of been sacked straight after this horror show,other clubs do it,the longer it goes then it will look like he is in charge saturday.... now is the ideal time for a new man to have the whole transfer window to work with

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

there’s also no guarantee of things changing even if Askey goes, but for god sake Carol give us a bloody chance. Don’t be remembered for being an excellent community person, but sadly took us the conference. 

You never know. I mean Carol is certainly a decent person and very much motivated to give something back to the local area. My biggest fear is she bought Vale as a platform for that, rather than purely having a successful football team. 

At our level, the two do not go hand in hand. We have to be ruthless to get success and I just don’t see that. Even her New Year statement deviated to community work and other stuff. 

Very big clubs, like Arsenal, United etc have huge community initiatives because it is good PR, but with vast resources can afford it. 

I also wonder if having to pay installments to evil Smurfwaite with no match revenue is hitting harder than we are being told. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

its a learning curve for anyone not having owned a football club before. the owners will be relutctant to throw anymore 3 year deals to anyone after this latest debacle.

I was worried when they did that.  Normally they are 2 year and options to renew at the 1 1/2 year point.  

They have had a rough start to owning the Vale and most of the fans know that and support them in their decisions.  This is beginning to divide the fan base now.  

Colin Garlick and John Rudge need to help them and talk about their options if they have not done so already.  

Just glad no fans can go to the ground as it would not be a nice atmosphere there at all.  Seen it before and it was horrible to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It happens

If Askey says things are going on interference as such then that could scupper the idea of anyone decent coming it,it would have to be someone who would put up with that

If Askey admits there is interference as such then lets have a night of the long knives, name names lance the boil and clear the air, this long slow death is no good for anyone  especially Port Vale Football Club.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

I was told he applied but did a rubbish interview. Might be rubbish. 

Just had a dig around. Apparently he was 2/1 with the bookies at one point and has a release clause in his contract. 

• Like 2