onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

57 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I’ve tried to calm down but I can’t, I’m so livid still.

I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an off day I can accept that.

I can’t accept yesterday as I couldn’t Boxing Day.

I don’t know if any players read this forum but if you do how dare you! How dare you wear that crest on your chest and not put the effort it! This is a working class club and the bare minimum we expect if you to go out there and try and win the game, give it your all regardless of if it’s good enough or not to win on the day.

Fans have ploughed money in, the players got 100% pay whilst on furlough that very few other people got. You cowards! Absolute cowards! If you have a problem in the work place sort it, grow up! Your adults. If you can’t play for the badge on the shirt get out of our club! Your a complete and utter disgrace!

To the players who are trying the fans know who you are and will rightly be exonerated.

You’ve got Hurst busting his <ovf censored> in that shower yesterday to produce the goods. He’s played what 5 league games now and shown more than the rest put together first half!

Brown, Monty, Pope, Woz and Hurst probably are about the only ones who come out of yesterday giving the effort. Brown and Monty at least looked like they gave a <ovf censored>.

Let’s pray injuries clear up this week and most of those never wear that shirt again.

If they do with the application showing relegation is inevitable.

You are not alone mate. No comfort I know. 

I am not sure if it boils down to players not trying or just simply not being good enough, past it or bang out of form. 

We are shuffling the same dead ducks every week because The alternatives are no better and worse. So frustrating. 

Advert

Why is he not gone yet? Like seriously what is going on there is not a single team throughout the whole english football pyramid that would still have a manager after the run of results and dismal perfomances we have witnessed over the last THIRTEEN games. I am not giving them a single penny more until he is gone. 

it is completely unacceptable that we are settling for this 

44 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I don’t get it either. 
I also never understand the excuse that they’re not playing for the manager. It shouldn’t matter; it’s your job so go out there and give it your best. Shame we only have a few who do so 

Each little rumour that’s come out could all add up and become a culmination of everything that’s affecting the training and the players mindsets? Negative attitudes in training from those 2 players not featuring (Mckirdey and Theo), negative attitude from Clark in training which affected his performances and saw him dropped, rumours of Sinclair undermining the manager in training, rumours of some players not being signed by Askey, rumours of carols son trying to implement his ideas behind the scenes and even having a hand in signing players. Each little one seems like something that could be dealt with in isolation, but maybe it just adds up to a bigger issue? Who knows. There’s lots of Chinese whispers and smoke coming from various sources in the club and I’ve heard a lot of of similar stories from different people. But there’s something gone massively wrong over the last 2 months and it’s a shame that on the outside it looks like some players could be using it as an excuse when the reality is that they are responsible for their own individual performances. Equally Askey is responsible for putting the team out on the pitch, building team spirit and keeping everyone on board too. 

12 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Each little rumour that’s come out could all add up and become a culmination of everything that’s affecting the training and the players mindsets? Negative attitudes in training from those 2 players not featuring (Mckirdey and Theo), negative attitude from Clark in training which affected his performances and saw him dropped, rumours of Sinclair undermining the manager in training, rumours of some players not being signed by Askey, rumours of carols son trying to implement his ideas behind the scenes and even having a hand in signing players. Each little one seems like something that could be dealt with in isolation, but maybe it just adds up to a bigger issue? Who knows. There’s lots of Chinese whispers and smoke coming from various sources in the club and I’ve heard a lot of of similar stories from different people. But there’s something gone massively wrong over the last 2 months and it’s a shame that on the outside it looks like some players could be using it as an excuse when the reality is that they are responsible for their own individual performances. Equally Askey is responsible for putting the team out on the pitch, building team spirit and keeping everyone on board too. 

Whilst all possibly correct, the players should at least try when on the pitch.

Some of the lack of effort, folding at the first sign of pressure, and lack of resilience in trying to get back into the game, was very disheartening as a fan.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Some of the lack of effort, folding at the first sign of pressure, and lack of resilience in trying to get back into the game, was very disheartening as a fan.

Don't think they folded at the first sign of pressure, think most of them folded just walking over the white line yesterday.

Vale fans will put up with loosing games, we are used to it over our many years of supporting the club, if they put some energy into trying to win the ball back and score.  What was really disheartening was seeing some of the players put a Vale shirt on and just not bother.  Most of them just play acted being a footballer yesterday. The attitude seemed to be "Oh well never mind we are being paid a good wage to be a Vale player, so I wont bother one bit - thanks suckers".

6 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

That was a performance from a team thats not trying.  Whatever has gone on I fear Askey has acted too late and I don't see how he keeps his job much longer.  I dont want Askey to go but if the whole squad has downed tools then it is looking like he has zero hope of winning them back.

I guess we are about to see Popey have a stab.

A stab at what?

9 hours ago, Joe B said:

Alright you've gone on a big rant because I said you were a numpty for wanting a manager gone 4 years ago, chill my man. 

As often happens when your opinion is questioned - you're missing the point! As I said, it wasn't only you with the name-calling...there was the fairly unnecessary slagging off of a Radio Sjoke phone-in caller, just because she was of the optimistic persuasion. It isn't me needs to chill - I'm not the one slagging people off, questioning the judgment of the owners or needing to know the behind-the-scenes goings-on of someone else's business! All I'm asking...in my "big rant" is that you respect...or, rather, stop disrespecting other people because they have a different point of view to yourself! And by "you" I'm not singling you out, there are far worse than you on here! Chill, my man!

7 minutes ago, Rory said:

I think the fine gents on the Ale and Vale podcast mentioned that this was a rumour doing the rounds.

Yep, there was a rumour knocking around about it. I don't think it's true though. That would be utter madness, and we're not quite there, yet!

2 minutes ago, Rory said:
3 minutes ago, stupers said:
Yep, there was a rumour knocking around about it. I don't think it's true though. That would be utter madness, and we're not quite there, yet!

We'll get there. It's good to be getting back to normal.

You got to love the misery!

10 hours ago, PV1973 said:

For me, none of this stops the players from going out there and doing what they’re paid to do. They should still be giving 100% no matter what is going on behind the scenes 

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

For me, none of this stops the players from going out there and doing what they’re paid to do. They should still be giving 100% no matter what is going on behind the scenes 

100% this.....something I've never been able to get my head round is why as a pro in any sport, you would not go on that pitch and work your b***ocks off! It's your job, your trade...if you're not good enough, fair enough but to not work as hard as possible on the pitch.......what is that all about?

On Saturday I also felt they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing as regards a game plan. Conceding after milli seconds didn't help but that's where leadership comes in.....right, get your heads up, work harder for the next 15 /20 minutes to steady the ship and then we'll see where we are. That lot on Saturday puffed out their cheeks and thought "Here we go again...how long left Ref?" Abject surrender......but WHY?

Archived