onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

5 hours ago, Sam Kelly's Left Boot said:

Where's Sting? Would love to get his take on all this

Good evening to you from chez Sting.

You may recall that, a few weeks ago, Sting informed all Port Valers that this situation was being closely monitored. Sadly the time for action is now here ISO.

Port Valers can be assured that Sting will now be taking action. Stay strong Port Valers, change will be coming. Sit back, have a smoke if you like, and wait for Sting to succeed. Sting will prevail.

Keep moving on with love in your heart. 

Advert

That team played like Askey sounded yesterday. I've backed him for as long as I could I've found it hard to believe the rumours of discontent within the dressing room but after the last 2 weeks I'm now convinced something is wrong at our club. By her own admission carol has taken her eyes off the ball on the football side of things and she needs to sort it out otherwise the kind lady that saved football by voting to end the season last year will only be remembered for losing our league status this year

8 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Some people have remarked that, if Vale fans were allowed at matches the atmosphere would be toxic. Let me assure you - it already is! One of the worst things...ever...on a forum like this is the name-calling of people who have a different opinion to yourself. Not only referring to you JoeB, but there has been plenty on here taking the piss out of people on Radio Sjoke, tonight; and against previous posters on here - just because they don't see things as pessimistically as yourselves. If everyone lost hope, and had no optimism, we would be in a sorry state of our own making! Debate things by all means - just lay off the name-calling, eh?

Also - we have no real idea whether something is wrong behind the scenes - so let's stop speculating...it's how conspiracy theories begin, and people run with them, then others take this as the truth! And leave it to the owners - Carol making an excellent speech about being aware of problems, and knowing how to sort them out - it's called being a businessperson...which, I suspect, most of you are not? And FFS can we stop taking the piss out of Vale's community work - which has no bearing at all on the on-pitch Vale. or much of the early stages if this, there wasn't even any football played; and if making changes of personnel has to be done, it can only - mostly - be done at certain times. You all know this! Delivering food to the needy doesn't affect football matters!!!!!

I was one of your numpties who got bored with Page's negative, listless, boring football - much more appropriate for trying to grind out results for a small national side! I can't quite believe people would even contemplate advocating Tony Pulis...sacked at WBA...sacked at Sheff Wed for making the worst ever start for a new Wednesday manager; nor for Micky Adams, who quit after 6 straight defeats? I can understand the clamour for Derek Adams, who has a reasonable record, or John Coleman, from Accy who has a similarly-good record, and both on what must be low budgets? But - there is no position to be filled...we have a manager until the owner of the Vale decides otherwise. If it doesn't suit - sorry...that's just the way it is! Personally, I think it's time he went...but it's not my decision, so I won't keep banging on about it...nor calling Vale fans snitty little names!  

Alright you've gone on a big rant because I said you were a numpty for wanting a manager gone 4 years ago, chill my man. 

8 hours ago, blackdog said:

Do people seriously believe that the Community work is carried out by the football side of the company ?

If they are stupid then i guess they do

Anyway back on track,i lost faith in Askey after the Barrow game(i had backed him on here up to then) there was a slight battling improvement at Bradford BUT yesterday wow,if he is to go i dont think it will happen until early this coming week,he should of gone straight after the game but i think Carol is more professional than that. Having said that if he is in charge on Saturday then i have truly lost faith and dont think i can arsed.

It will be interesting to see who takes training tomorrow

Consider this...

At the moment we have 25 points from 22 games. That is just about survival form.

What if our form dips even more and this so-called “circuit breaker” comes into play but becomes a bit more permanent as far as this seasons concerned??

Could it be that PPG does us over twice???

I’ve tried to calm down but I can’t, I’m so livid still.

I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an off day I can accept that.

I can’t accept yesterday as I couldn’t Boxing Day.

I don’t know if any players read this forum but if you do how dare you! How dare you wear that crest on your chest and not put the effort it! This is a working class club and the bare minimum we expect if you to go out there and try and win the game, give it your all regardless of if it’s good enough or not to win on the day.

Fans have ploughed money in, the players got 100% pay whilst on furlough that very few other people got. You cowards! Absolute cowards! If you have a problem in the work place sort it, grow up! Your adults. If you can’t play for the badge on the shirt get out of our club! Your a complete and utter disgrace!

To the players who are trying the fans know who you are and will rightly be exonerated.

You’ve got Hurst busting his <ovf censored> in that shower yesterday to produce the goods. He’s played what 5 league games now and shown more than the rest put together first half!

Brown, Monty, Pope, Woz and Hurst probably are about the only ones who come out of yesterday giving the effort. Brown and Monty at least looked like they gave a <ovf censored>.

Let’s pray injuries clear up this week and most of those never wear that shirt again.

If they do with the application showing relegation is inevitable.

2 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

I can take losing, I’m a Vale fan so it happens fairly regularly, if we play well but are beaten by the better team, give it all but have an off day I can accept that.

I don’t know if any players read this forum but if you do how dare you! How dare you wear that crest on your chest and not put the effort it! This is a working class club and the bare minimum we expect if you to go out there and try and win the game, give it your all regardless of if it’s good enough or not to win on the day.

Fans have ploughed money in, the players got 100% pay whilst on furlough that very few other people got. You cowards! Absolute cowards! If you have a problem in the work place sort it, grow up! Your adults. If you can’t play for the badge on the shirt get out of our club! Your a complete and utter disgrace!

To the players who are trying the fans know who you are and will rightly be exonerated.

You’ve got Hurst busting his <ovf censored> in that shower yesterday to produce the goods. He’s played what 5 league games now and shown more than the rest put together first half!

Brown, Monty, Pope, Woz and Hurst probably are about the only ones who come out of yesterday giving the effort. Brown and Monty at least looked like they gave a <ovf censored>.

Let’s pray injuries clear up this week and most of those never wear that shirt again.

I’m still livid over the performance, too. 

Can anyone explain how there being 'problems behind the scenes' led to such a spineless display?

I don't see the link. You're on the pitch, you're wearing the shirt, get on with it. Why do they need it all to be rosy at training to do their jobs?

Sick of these excuses. Get it sorted and get on with your jobs. 

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Did anyone else notice that, again, Monty was the only one to show a bit of desire? It was the same against Orient. Only one who came out with credit.

Yep, he’s the only that’s shown a bit of passion for most of the season. The rest don’t look fussed whether they win or lose. 

24 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Can't accuse Brown of not trying ( which you haven't ) however he is a shadow of the player he was.

It's Visser time for me or why sign him . 

18 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can anyone explain how there being 'problems behind the scenes' led to such a spineless display?

I don't see the link. You're on the pitch, you're wearing the shirt, get on with it. Why do they need it all to be rosy at training to do their jobs?

Sick of these excuses. Get it sorted and get on with your jobs. 

I don’t get it either. 
I also never understand the excuse that they’re not playing for the manager. It shouldn’t matter; it’s your job so go out there and give it your best. Shame we only have a few who do so 

39 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can't accuse Brown of not trying ( which you haven't ) however he is a shadow of the player he was.

It's Visser time for me or why sign him . 

He did the same with Maddison and lets be fair Mckirdy etc. The bigger question is why does he not equally give all the fringe players a fair opportunity or chance.

Archived