onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Just now, 1 said:

Remember Askey is selling some of these players to interested clubs over the next few weeks........

hmmm

May be someone will come in for the cat, as none of the players would get looked at after todays performance.

16 minutes ago, rob1983 said:
23 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:
Call, 01782 317942. You'll get through to the helpers at the Stoke on Trent foodbank. They're desperate for volunteers. Spend some time with them, meeting families in crisis may make a difference in your life.

I doubt it.

Me too.  You sound like you'll always be a miserable bugger.  But I could be wrong and you could be perfectly decent bloke in real life!

1 hour ago, rob1983 said:
1 hour ago, Norfolk Enclue said:
Call, 01782 317942. You'll get through to the helpers at the Stoke on Trent foodbank. They're desperate for volunteers. Spend some time with them, meeting families in crisis may make a difference in your life.

I doubt it.

37 and acting like that. Weapon. 

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Absolutely shocking comment. Hope you don't get so desperate that you need to call upon this worthwhile cause. 

Totally agree. Such a pond life post, worthy to be so offensive that they and and anyone endorsing it should be removed from any civilised forum. Nothing to do with free speech either,  just totally inappropriate and an uncalled for cheap snipe of the lowest kind. 

So there is a connection between our community work and a down turn on the pitch? So we were gash because the lads had been busy serving up meals for the most vulnerable? Give over.

They were just garbage. Hope the meals are better than what is being served up on the pitch. The two are totally separate in my view.

The only thing I can guess from what I've seen since going out the cup and the home defeat major damaging in injury time v Tranmere, since then bar the Bolton game all down bank  ,poor performances ,goals given to the opposition, and confidence gone in most players but the last two defeats out of the last 3 games are the most worrying ,cannot believe what I saw v Barrow and again today ,v Mansfield the lack of application was alarming with no Vale player if marked out of ten reaching a 4 out of 10 .

I mean to give a leg up to a team who rarely wins at home after 42 seconds well it was disgusting so straight away your confidence will be knocked so that early goal knocked what little confidence we had the second goal killed the game after a major balls up from Smith yet again (any other club he be out the team and club but  not at Vale ,just keep playing him ,keep letting him do his weekly balls ups ).

Askey will be the one getting the abuse fired at him but the players are not covering themselves in glory ,if anything the players deserve more stick because once you put that shirt on you are responsible to each of the fans who pay your wages ,responsible for doing your best for the club ,if that's your best then do one of two things say to the owners I'm finished theres too much pressure to perform at a massive club like Vale ,or 2 hand in your resignation and stop trying kid folk you give a damn cause quite clearly you  do not . Over the years I've gave a lot to Vale ,financially (but I do not regret doing so ),but all the same how can you justify that performance today it was a disgrace and you are in my opinion hiding behind the manager but more importantly to me you are showing yourselves up. 

Message for players if you do not like J Askey then do not take it out on the supporters the very people you need to earn a living out of this great game .

Message for Askey if they are not playing for you and quite clearly today they were not then resign and try salvage yourself elsewhere working where the support do not demand excellence cause we do 

UTV 

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

I think the criticism of Page is overblown. Most were fairly satisfied? Might have been the odd numpty or three.

Some people have remarked that, if Vale fans were allowed at matches the atmosphere would be toxic. Let me assure you - it already is! One of the worst things...ever...on a forum like this is the name-calling of people who have a different opinion to yourself. Not only referring to you JoeB, but there has been plenty on here taking the piss out of people on Radio Sjoke, tonight; and against previous posters on here - just because they don't see things as pessimistically as yourselves. If everyone lost hope, and had no optimism, we would be in a sorry state of our own making! Debate things by all means - just lay off the name-calling, eh?

Also - we have no real idea whether something is wrong behind the scenes - so let's stop speculating...it's how conspiracy theories begin, and people run with them, then others take this as the truth! And leave it to the owners - Carol making an excellent speech about being aware of problems, and knowing how to sort them out - it's called being a businessperson...which, I suspect, most of you are not? And FFS can we stop taking the piss out of Vale's community work - which has no bearing at all on the on-pitch Vale. or much of the early stages if this, there wasn't even any football played; and if making changes of personnel has to be done, it can only - mostly - be done at certain times. You all know this! Delivering food to the needy doesn't affect football matters!!!!!

I was one of your numpties who got bored with Page's negative, listless, boring football - much more appropriate for trying to grind out results for a small national side! I can't quite believe people would even contemplate advocating Tony Pulis...sacked at WBA...sacked at Sheff Wed for making the worst ever start for a new Wednesday manager; nor for Micky Adams, who quit after 6 straight defeats? I can understand the clamour for Derek Adams, who has a reasonable record, or John Coleman, from Accy who has a similarly-good record, and both on what must be low budgets? But - there is no position to be filled...we have a manager until the owner of the Vale decides otherwise. If it doesn't suit - sorry...that's just the way it is! Personally, I think it's time he went...but it's not my decision, so I won't keep banging on about it...nor calling Vale fans snitty little names!  

Archived