onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

I still believe we have a more than decent side in regards to our strongest 11. Definitely good enough for a top 10 finish with any capable manager. But the likes of Oyeleke, Amoo and Montano are injured a lot, which obviously never helps, while the likes of Legge, Smith and Burgess suddenly look like they've never played above Sunday league level for God knows what reason. On paper a back five of Brown, Gibbons, Smith, Legge and Clark should have been the best in the league, or right up there. And we did have one of the best defences in the league for a handful of games. It's just shocking how it's all gone wrong so quickly.

Nail on the head earlier in the thread. It's the club cat. Never team players. Egotistical. Demanding. Probably didn't get fed quick enough and scratched the driver. Just prefer to sleep and do nowt.  Bad eggs. Vale Cat Out.

That would be purrfect

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

The worry for me is there are people burying heads in the sand. 

I'm full of tripe as many on here will agree but even in my wattsap group of just 5 we have different views.

We are sleepwalking right bang into trouble. Next Saturday is absolutely huge, one thing is certain, defeat is unthinkable. 

A win and we have an 8 points cushion. Defeat and we then play FGR away could see is very close to the bottom 2 in around 3 weeks time. 

Why are we too good to go down ? We simply aren't. 

And the one thing about the Askey interview that really bugged me, ' we haven't had the same team since Bolton ' .

Well that result turns out to of held us back even more. We have had full strength teams and weren't winning games. I'm afraid football is a squad game, our first X1 is okay our replacement players are okay with maybe one or two but once three or four are in the team we have huge problems. The squad depth is awful.

Will anybody saying we are too good to go down please smell the coffee and wake the **** up 

I think everyone is beating Bolton since we did

3 hours ago, Lornelounger said:

I do feel sorry for John Askey (and his Dad, who must be hurting too).  He's a decent man, but for whatever reason, his management isn't working.  It must be his worst nightmare.  I hope we can find a dignified way forward for him - and sort out whatever it is that has supposed to have deflected his attention in recent weeks.  We need to have all hands to the pump to turn things around on the pitch this month. If he's lost the players, the players need to do it for themselves, because when the ridout does come, some of them will be out of work as league players too.

No more so than Neil Aspin. He is a legend as a player but it meand nothing

Archived