onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

I think the criticism of Page is overblown. Most were fairly satisfied? Might have been the odd numpty or three.

It's become a bit of a cliche to beat fans who want to see a change of manager. I can never remember much opposition (a few a bit bored with him), and remember being shocked when he went to Northampton.

Advert

33 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Let’s believe when we see it.  I see a wildly successful meals on wheels scheme and a dire, struggling league 2 team that even Norman Smurfwaite would feel ashamed of. 

In fact he used to come out with all sorts of bull stories about Championship in five years etc. 

About time we saw some actual outcomes delivered. Not fairy tales. 

Then you are a clown.

35 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Yes .... I deliberately left him off the list, but where does he lie in the heirachy. Who does he report to, Garlick presumably, in which case JA has a point.

If that's the case what I don't get is why doesn't Askey say something if he doesn't like it?  He was there before Sinclair.  Although I can probably guess if he walked away(especially now) there is no way he'll get another league job and no pay off(if he resigned).  Poor form from the owners to allow it to happen though, but Carol clearly thinks the sun shines out of Sinclair's arse too from reading her twitter posts but yet if they like Askey as a person too I just don't get it?

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

I think the criticism of Page is overblown. Most were fairly satisfied? Might have been the odd numpty or three.

It's become a bit of a cliche to beat fans who want to see a change of manager. I can never remember much opposition (a few a bit bored with him), and remember being shocked when he went to Northampton.

I'll openly admit I was a bit in the bored category. It was frustrating away from home, seemed a regular occurrence, concede 65th minutes onwards and lose. However we were in a higher division and some of the football at home was excellent. Beating Wigan 3-2, beating Sheff utd, plenty of others. 

Think was a case of not realising how well we were doing. Just felt we held back the reins under him . 

Certainly a case of doom and gloom since he went. Undoubtedly the worst appointment of all was Brown. 

2 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

If that's the case what I don't get is why doesn't Askey say something if he doesn't like it?  He was there before Sinclair.  Although I can probably guess if he walked away(especially now) there is no way he'll get another league job and no pay off(if he resigned).  Poor form from the owners to allow it to happen though, but Carol clearly thinks the sun shines out of Sinclair's arse too from reading her twitter posts but yet if they like Askey as a person too I just don't get it?

New Order style Bizarre Love Triangle?!?!

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I disagree. If there is something wrong he should say it rather than cryptically mentioning it every week (he shouldn’t mention it all, but already has)

If there are problems In your workplace, that could be management issues, a colleague problem or direct report personnel issues, the very last thing you would do is call them out publicly and tell the whole workplace what the problems are which you have been dealing with.

I posted before I think it was an error on his part in a very emotional state after the game to have mentioned anything.

5 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I read it as COVID related.

Players missing games through isolation.

Players not being able to train.

Etc

But surely it's the same for all clubs?

Me too, I just thought that he was saying that we may have been impacted by injury and absence more than other clubs.  

I love a good conspiracy theory but apparently not as much as some others.😀

20 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Then you are a clown.

I don’t really mind if others think that, I just feel that we supported Carol in good faith and it is fair that we see some outcomes. 

Clowns are entertainers, just like footballers are meant to be. Except I’m not being entertained by our current shower. 

I want to see Vale play and win football matches. Instead we have become a dire team to watch with a glorified soup kitchen attached. 

37 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I bet Norman is laughing his socks of at all this. He is the real problem. Carol and Kevin are just trying to sort the mess he left behind.

Indeed. Norman is the real winner in all of this. Still getting installments, got a great price for the club and loving life. 

I agree, he caused hell for the club and remember....Askey is his man. 

45 minutes ago, philmpv said:
46 minutes ago, toyahw said:
Is he black? 

You can't ask that nowadays

I only meant it tongue in cheek on the luck front thing. Although luck had nothing to do with it today. I love black cats. We have two. Who are wise enough to do one when Vale are playing.

Archived