onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Aye, but Tea Lady Barbara wants Askey to switch to 3 at the back. Not a level playing field. Wink wink. I know things you don't. 

hasn't the tea lady been the consistent factor all through our troubles ?

might be something in it 😉

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

This interference talk is mad! The pair in the kit room will be next in line. 

Carol's lad????????? Jesus Christ.

Get a grip folks. It's a manager who ballsed up recruitment, signed bad players (some with poor attitudes), and isn't good enough to steady the ship. Get him gone and move on.

I've now heard:

Carol

Garlick

Carol's lad

John Rudge

Sinclair

Garlick

McKirdy

Robinson

Unnamed Senior Pros 

accused of causing dissent. The amount of hurdles people are jumping over to justify awful management is bizarre.

What did Askey mean when he says " We have had a lot of things to deal with " 

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

The more he makes these suggestions, the more it puts people in the club's hierarchy in a difficult spot. Either they're undermining him, or he's hanging them out to dry to cover up his own issues. 

I agree with this. I think he knows his times coming to an end now. He wouldn’t be putting these bits of information out for us if he didn’t want to.  He’s letting us know that everything isn’t rosey with the owners in my opinion. Things clearly aren’t right off the pitch as well as on it. 

1 minute ago, Mario said:

What did Askey mean when he says " We have had a lot of things to deal with " 

Absolutely no idea. Rumblings for weeks. It either needs sorting or they need to stop whispering it to excuse shambolic defeats.

If it's McKirdy and Robinson are annoyed at not playing, that doesn't excuse what we saw today. If it's something else, why is it being allowed to fester and rumble? 

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Why insinuate it then?

He shouldn't have insinuated anything and I think was an error on his part.

In his defence he was answering questions he didn't have answers to after watching his team put in one of the most inept performances probably seen in his managerial career. He knows its the end of the line, the players have let him down badly and would have been really hurting by that. I imagine it was extremely difficult not to say what he was really thinking and keep a lid on things.

You can't say what goes on behind there scenes otherwise how are players going to trust you. 

19 minutes ago, MBE said:

No he doesn't and shouldn't be allowed to either. You can't tell the whole world what's going on behind close doors. It would be a ridiculous thing to do.

I disagree. If there is something wrong he should say it rather than cryptically mentioning it every week (he shouldn’t mention it all, but already has)

Perhaps it's injuries, suspensions, unhappy players, who knows.

I do remember many posters on here dishing Rob Page for lack of ambition and settling for a mid table league 1 spot.

How many on here would want Rob Page back?

I think he would be a damned site better fit than the merry go round  Managers mentioned so far. 

Holloway would be a massive mistake IMHO

Archived