Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, jeffers said:

So who is interfering:-

Carole, Colin Garlick, JR, 
Can’t be anyone else can it..........

Maybe Carol's son has advanced from helping to design the kit, to insisting on picking the team and tactics?! 🤔 🤣

(maybe he's even been playing without us knowing!.........has anyone ever seen him and Whitehead in the same place at the same time?! 😆)

Advert

Just now, Paul6754 said:

Worst possible start to the game possible, things just went down hill from there.

Sooner Vale can get back to a starting outfield 10 of Gibbo Brisley Smith Montano Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Rodney with 2 or 3 additions, hopefully Jake Taylor being one,  the sooner results will turn around.

Failure to beat Grimsby and JA will be history assuming Carol has someone lined up.

Obvious the summer recruitment was awful, I don't like criticizing individual players but it has to be said Mills, Fitz, Whitehead and Robinson are not good enough 

Fitz isn’t that bad, agree about the other 3 though.

6 minutes ago, jeffers said:

Cant for one minute imagine it being Carol thats for sure,could be the experienced pro's,could be Sinclair(all seems to have gone pear shaped since he came in) none of us know but it needs sorting  out

eeh im vexed! wasted 93mins  of mylife, and spent ten beer vouchers . askey sounded like a broken man on radio sjoke. lost the plot. lost the players, lost 99pc of the fans, carol, hold the pies and sort the football out! ive been a supporter for 65 years the football set up is the worse ive seen at the club.  big decisions need to be taken re players and staff or else forget your 4000 season tickets. we will be a non league club.

27 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Smith is having his worst spell for us. He has played better but he has too many mistakes, big mistakes, every season. He is a league two, mid table player at best. Always has been and always will be.

No disputing that at all.

7 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

No chance. Have you ever heard her talk? She's a fan like all of us and wants Vale to be a success and for fans to be proud of their team.

Dumb comment.

Let’s believe when we see it.  I see a wildly successful meals on wheels scheme and a dire, struggling league 2 team that even Norman Smurfwaite would feel ashamed of. 

In fact he used to come out with all sorts of bull stories about Championship in five years etc. 

About time we saw some actual outcomes delivered. Not fairy tales. 

Rodney, Mills, Whitehead, Robinson, Fitzpatrick, Visser, and McKirdy has to be up there with one of the worst windows of all time.

Only Rodney has made some impact. Visser is a backup and the rest are rubbish, with Whitehead and Mills competing for a spot in my all time worst 11. An absolute disaster. 

The worry for me is there are people burying heads in the sand. 

I'm full of tripe as many on here will agree but even in my wattsap group of just 5 we have different views.

We are sleepwalking right bang into trouble. Next Saturday is absolutely huge, one thing is certain, defeat is unthinkable. 

A win and we have an 8 points cushion. Defeat and we then play FGR away could see is very close to the bottom 2 in around 3 weeks time. 

Why are we too good to go down ? We simply aren't. 

And the one thing about the Askey interview that really bugged me, ' we haven't had the same team since Bolton ' .

Well that result turns out to of held us back even more. We have had full strength teams and weren't winning games. I'm afraid football is a squad game, our first X1 is okay our replacement players are okay with maybe one or two but once three or four are in the team we have huge problems. The squad depth is awful.

Will anybody saying we are too good to go down please smell the coffee and wake the **** up 

13 minutes ago, jeffers said:

I reckon you should throw Sinclair and carols lad in the mix as those possibly interfering.

I do feel sorry for John Askey (and his Dad, who must be hurting too).  He's a decent man, but for whatever reason, his management isn't working.  It must be his worst nightmare.  I hope we can find a dignified way forward for him - and sort out whatever it is that has supposed to have deflected his attention in recent weeks.  We need to have all hands to the pump to turn things around on the pitch this month. If he's lost the players, the players need to do it for themselves, because when the ridout does come, some of them will be out of work as league players too.

This interference talk is mad! The pair in the kit room will be next in line. 

Carol's lad????????? Jesus Christ.

Get a grip folks. It's a manager who ballsed up recruitment, signed bad players (some with poor attitudes), and isn't good enough to steady the ship. Get him gone and move on.

I've now heard:

Carol

Garlick

Carol's lad

John Rudge

Sinclair

Garlick

McKirdy

Robinson

Unnamed Senior Pros 

accused of causing dissent. The amount of hurdles people are jumping over to justify awful management is bizarre.

Archived