onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

9 minutes ago, sandyford_valiant said:

there’s also no guarantee of things changing even if Askey goes, but for god sake Carol give us a bloody chance. Don’t be remembered for being an excellent community person, but sadly took us the conference. 

You never know. I mean Carol is certainly a decent person and very much motivated to give something back to the local area. My biggest fear is she bought Vale as a platform for that, rather than purely having a successful football team. 

At our level, the two do not go hand in hand. We have to be ruthless to get success and I just don’t see that. Even her New Year statement deviated to community work and other stuff. 

Very big clubs, like Arsenal, United etc have huge community initiatives because it is good PR, but with vast resources can afford it. 

I also wonder if having to pay installments to evil Smurfwaite with no match revenue is hitting harder than we are being told. 

Advert

1 minute ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

its a learning curve for anyone not having owned a football club before. the owners will be relutctant to throw anymore 3 year deals to anyone after this latest debacle.

I was worried when they did that.  Normally they are 2 year and options to renew at the 1 1/2 year point.  

They have had a rough start to owning the Vale and most of the fans know that and support them in their decisions.  This is beginning to divide the fan base now.  

Colin Garlick and John Rudge need to help them and talk about their options if they have not done so already.  

Just glad no fans can go to the ground as it would not be a nice atmosphere there at all.  Seen it before and it was horrible to see.

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

It happens

If Askey says things are going on interference as such then that could scupper the idea of anyone decent coming it,it would have to be someone who would put up with that

If Askey admits there is interference as such then lets have a night of the long knives, name names lance the boil and clear the air, this long slow death is no good for anyone  especially Port Vale Football Club.

1 minute ago, TJHValiant said:

You never know. I mean Carol is certainly a decent person and very much motivated to give something back to the local area. My biggest fear is she bought Vale as a platform for that, rather than purely having a successful football team. 

At our level, the two do not go hand in hand. We have to be ruthless to get success and I just don’t see that. Even her New Year statement deviated to community work and other stuff. 

Very big clubs, like Arsenal, United etc have huge community initiatives because it is good PR, but with vast resources can afford it. 

I also wonder if having to pay installments to evil Smurfwaite with no match revenue is hitting harder than we are being told. 

I disagree with you on your comments TJH - there's no reason why the 2 things can't go hand in hand.  Carol is a businesswoman and she knows that the team has to perform first.  She is a fan, and that in my book is a huge plus.  I think it is wrong that there is negativity towards her after she saved the club, although like others on here I think she is about to make another really important call.  It may be that losing gate revenue and paying of Smurf is a double whammy that is hurting the club, but I don't see her as using the vale to promote her community ethic.  I think she wants us to be successful on the pitch, but bought a club at an inflated price from a shyster at a very bad time for football and the country.  We should be right behind her, not questioning her motives, in my humble opinion.

10 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

It does sound like it and he knows he has 2 1/2 years left of his contract.  So that would be a good pay off and may be he is waiting for a good settlement before going.

Some one saying stick with him.  He know's what he is doing - think it's gone past that.  

Sam Allardyce was on Talksport a few years ago discussing this. He said that despite what fans think and the press report, most elite football managers get between 6 months to 12 months salary if sacked, irrespective of the length of the initial contract signed.

3 minutes ago, Mario said:

If Askey admits there is interference as such then lets have a night of the long knives, name names lance the boil and clear the air, this long slow death is no good for anyone  especially Port Vale Football Club.

So who is interfering:-

Carole, Colin Garlick, JR, 
Can’t be anyone else can it..........

7 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

No chance. Have you ever heard her talk? She's a fan like all of us and wants Vale to be a success and for fans to be proud of their team.

Dumb comment.

41 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hate it. It's a League 2 football club, and they make it sound like the inner workings of the Russian State.

Either say it bluntly or get on with it. These little insinuations that there's some nefarious force wreaking havoc at Port Vale is ridiculous. 

It’s funny but regardless of who owns the club there always seem me to be “problems behind the scenes”....

Same with the Bratt pack, same with Smurf and now seemingly the same with the Shanahans. 

Worst possible start to the game possible, things just went down hill from there.

Sooner Vale can get back to a starting outfield 10 of Gibbo Brisley Smith Montano Burgess Joyce Conlon Amoo Pope Worrall with 2 or 3 additions, hopefully Jake Taylor being one,  the sooner results will turn around.

Failure to beat Grimsby and JA will be history assuming Carol has someone lined up.

Obvious the summer recruitment was awful, I don't like criticizing individual players but it has to be said Mills, Fitz, Whitehead and Robinson are not good enough 

Archived