onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

It's a sad state of affairs. It's not like he doesn't or won't care. And he's human like the rest of us at the end of the day, it's never nice to see anyone going through turmoil.

But either he needs to do the right thing, or Carol does. Askey is experienced enough to get a stint somewhere else, he'll be fine.

I think we do need to remember he is human, and once he gets sacked we will all likely feel a bit sorry for him.

But the club is bigger than any manager or player and for the good of the club, he has just taken us as far as he can and the club is suffering now.

Advert

Just now, valeparklife said:

I think we do need to remember he is human, and once he gets sacked we will all likely feel a bit sorry for him.

But the club is bigger than any manager or player and for the good of the club, he has just taken us as far as he can and the club is suffering now.

i think John Askey is a genuinely nice bloke 

37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

If he's not gone tonight I'm asking for 295 quid back off Carol on Monday. 

Paid for 2 season tickets and we watch it together. So I'm being robbed anyway ( not Vales fault ) but I'm not accepting this drivel for my 590 quid 

Good luck with that, reluctantly, because I was furloughed for 8 months, I had to ask for the refund on my 19/20 ticket for the last 5 games.

4 emails and  4 phone calls later, I’m still waiting.

3 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

He should and would have gone weeks ago for me. That doesn't mean I or anyone has to take pride or satisfaction in it. It's his source of income at the end of the day and whatever we think of him as a manager, he did do us a good turn last season, and is clearly a decent bloke. I give him a hard time here sometimes just because it's my sense of humour and for my own sanity more than anything else. But I'd genuinely have loved nothing more than for us to win games of football and for him to make me eat humble pie and look an even bigger plank, as I've said before.

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Hate it. It's a League 2 football club, and they make it sound like the inner workings of the Russian State.

Either say it bluntly or get on with it. These little insinuations that there's some nefarious force wreaking havoc at Port Vale is ridiculous. 

He keeps saying a few things in his after match interviews and nothing more.  As you say - he needs to come out with it or stop saying these things.

What I don't get is how this team that was going well earlier in the season has suddenly fallen off a cliff? I know the spine of the squad is ageing, I know we've had injuries etc, but we are making poor teams look very good. if it is a collective loss of nerve, confidence, bottle call it what you will, we have to get in fresh faces, manager included, and a new way of playing.  Everyone seems to have worked us out now - "get at them early, and they won't come back at you" or "don't worry if they go ahead against you, keep passing it, they will run out of steam /discipline /both". I can't see anything else but a change of management and some fresh faces in January - a pacy central defender who can keep up would help.  We look appalling defensively.

43 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

On the plus side this lead commentator Radio Stoke have found and seem to be giving a few Vale games is very good IMHO

Isn't he a mansfield commentator? Radio stoke commentators been told they cant travel to tier 4,he said this during his commentary 

23 minutes ago, MBE said:

Disgraceful lack of effort today from those players. I want JA gone and have done for sometime but what really irks me about that performance today is the reaction of the players. There is only Pope and Monty on that pitch today who showed any fight or determination when things go against them.. the rest just accept what's happening around them.

I told my wife we'd lost again and she asked me if we needed a new coach. I said yeah, and we need run the players over with it!

43 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Since Micky Adams in 2014 we've been treated to Rob Page, Bruno Ribeiro, Michael Brown, Neil Aspin and John Askey. None of which had any sort of experience in the football league (I'm not counting the handful of games Askey had at Shrewsbury).

When Askey is fired tonight, we NEED an experienced head.

Grayson, Parkinson or McGreal for me (probably in that order).

McGreal would suit Carol's vision of bringing in home grown players as thats what he was doing at Colchester,I still go with my original choice of Derek Adams,sacking Askey is the easy part(or should be) it will be the new man that will be her biggest decision

Archived