onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

Spot on. 
Wasn't a member of the Rodney groovy gang club myself but there is no doubt the more he's played the better he's becoming. He is frustrating, exciting, raw, powerful, annoying. 
Give the lad some slack ( not you Tony ) . 
Rodney is doing okay we have far more pressing concerns than him 
The only way players develop is by playing in games, taking chances when injuries/form of other players allow. Then puts pressure on senior players to perform, as Hurst is doing.

Advert

On 08/01/2021 at 15:42, Joe B said:

Doesn't really matter who scores them, does it? 

Goals need to be scored and people need to help us do so. David Worrall has consistently proven he helps us score goals.

If his method is a high-volume approach of lots of crosses, so be it. It seems to work for him. He has to garner sufficient space and time to send those crosses in in the first place. 

Yes, it matters. As one of the front three more often than not, it absolutely matters.  If as a wing-back someone like Alexander-Arnold can often get criticised for his ack of ability to defend, despite being outstanding in most other aspects of his game, then why shouldn't Worrall also be asked questions about his none ability to provide more goals to the team considering he starts pretty much every game when fit?

He may have got more assists today but I still thought Worrall was far from outstanding.

9 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Yes, it matters. As one of the front three more often than not, it absolutely matters.  If as a wing-back someone like Alexander-Arnold can often get criticised for his ack of ability to defend, despite being outstanding in most other aspects of his game, then why shouldn't Worrall also be asked questions about his none ability to provide more goals to the team considering he starts pretty much every game when fit?

He may have got more assists today but I still thought Worrall was far from outstanding.

We scored 3. He created all 3. Excellent performance, job done. 

Just now, Joe B said:

We scored 3. He created all 3. Excellent performance, job done. 

Regardless of whether you would give him a 5 out of 10 today or a 10 out of 10, to imply that it doesn't matter if he doesn't score goals (or very few of them) is crazy. He's an attacking player in an already low scoring side.

Just now, TylerB said:

Regardless of whether you would give him a 5 out of 10 today or a 10 out of 10, to imply that it doesn't matter if he doesn't score goals (or very few of them) is crazy. He's an attacking player in an already low scoring side.

If you can't even give a player credit where it's due for 3 goals being created today, then what's the point in discussing this mate? I don't need him to score loads if he's creating as many goals as he is. 

I don't care who scores. I care that the team scores. Worrall helps us massively on that front, and he proved that today.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

If you can't even give a player credit where it's due for 3 goals being created today, then what's the point in discussing this mate? I don't need him to score loads if he's creating as many goals as he is. 

I don't care who scores. I care that the team scores. Worrall helps us massively on that front, and he proved that today.

I've already said many times he's one of our better players. And that he should be in the side whenever fit. But he doesn't score enough goals as part of a front 3 regardless of his assists. If he's barely scoring then it only increased the pressure on whoever the front man is to score enough goals.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with me not being able or willing to give him credit. But for a player of some quality at this level, as an attacking wide player he needs to be scoring a few more goals.

37 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I've already said many times he's one of our better players. And that he should be in the side whenever fit. But he doesn't score enough goals as part of a front 3 regardless of his assists. If he's barely scoring then it only increased the pressure on whoever the front man is to score enough goals.

It's got absolutely nothing to do with me not being able or willing to give him credit. But for a player of some quality at this level, as an attacking wide player he needs to be scoring a few more goals.

😴

Quite a strange turn in the thread to change into a Worrall criticism thread, I’m sure he wants to score more goals too, as do other players in the squad I bet. But out of all the team he’s the one thats getting two footed on here. 

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Quite a strange turn in the thread to change into a Worrall criticism thread, I’m sure he wants to score more goals too, as do other players in the squad I bet. But out of all the team he’s the one thats getting two footed on here. 

You couldn't make it up you really couldn't.

17 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s one person rather than a thread. 

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Your right, he should score more goals, but if he did he wouldn't be playing for Port Vale, and as it is, without more goals to his name, we're very lucky to have him.  End of chat.

Archived