onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

Who's making Worrall a scapegoat? All I've done is say that he doesn't score anything like enough goals, not when he's one of the attacking three we usually play with. That's a fact, not an opinion, unless you have very low expectations. He averages less than a goal every 10 games in a Vale shirt - Shocking. I don't care how many assists he gets or how much he runs about like Road Runner.

Advert

12 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Who's making Worrall a scapegoat? All I've done is say that he doesn't score anything like enough goals, not when he's one of the attacking three we usually play with. That's a fact, not an opinion, unless you have very low expectations. He averages less than a goal every 10 games in a Vale shirt - Shocking. I don't care how many assists he gets or how much he runs about like Road Runner.

It is lucky that you have no influence on team selection or tactics then...

17 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Did Worrall only get 4 assists last year? I bet Gibbo got that many as well from full back. That’s the combination i would like to see back, Gibbo and Worrall. 

No, that's how many goals he scored.

The original poster was complaining about Worrall not scoring; I made the point that of the creative players in the league, none really outscored Worrall by much bar Kirk.

31 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Shocking. I don't care how many assists he gets

But if Worrall were scoring more, someone else would have to be assisting him?

Don't you see the flaw in your argument? Worrall carries us creatively. He assists more goals than anyone else, by a long way.

If he is to score, someone else needs to assist him - the rest of the squad have made it very clear they're not very good at doing that, or they'd be up there near Worrall's assist numbers, as you claimed it was very easy to rack up assists by 'lobbing balls into the box' (a tactic no one else in the league seems to have cottoned on to!).

You seem to have offered an opinion, and, facing some blowback, have entrenched yourself deeper and deeper into a fairly undefendable position, now completely disregarding the concept of goal creation as a useful metric of a good player, as it is now 'goals or nothing'.

Would I also like Worrall to score more goals? Yes. I am, however, aware we are a League 2 club, and Worrall leads every metric for chance creation you can analyse. If he scored as well, he'd be long gone.

12 minutes ago, Joe B said:

But if Worrall were scoring more, someone else would have to be assisting him?

Don't you see the flaw in your argument? Worrall carries us creatively. He assists more goals than anyone else, by a long way.

If he is to score, someone else needs to assist him - the rest of the squad have made it very clear they're not very good at doing that, or they'd be up there near Worrall's assist numbers, as you claimed it was very easy to rack up assists by 'lobbing balls into the box' (a tactic no one else in the league seems to have cottoned on to!).

You seem to have offered an opinion, and, facing some blowback, have entrenched yourself deeper and deeper into a fairly undefendable position, now completely disregarding the concept of goal creation as a useful metric of a good player, as it is now 'goals or nothing'.

Would I also like Worrall to score more goals? Yes. I am, however, aware we are a League 2 club, and Worrall leads every metric for chance creation you can analyse. If he scored as well, he'd be long gone.

So you're basically saying what I'm saying, that he should score more goals. I've not once said he shouldn't be part of the squad or best 11, which is what you seem to be suggesting. He doesn't score enough goals. That has nothing to do with him being a League Two player. There are full-backs who score more goals than David Worrall.

I couldn't care less about his assists, not when I see him waste cross after cross, set-piece after set-piece. As one of the front three he needs to score goals, and he doesn't.

55 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He averages less than a goal every 10 games in a Vale shirt - Shocking. 

Last season 4 in 34. This season 2 in 18. Not sure your maths is correct.

And as for his wasted crosses, lot's of good players waste balls. They are trying to find the perfect one and it doesn't always pay off. Harry Kane what a great striker but lots of his shots on goal don't go in.

Worrall contributes to goals with his assists. That's what sort of player he is. Yes it'd be lovely if he scored 30 a season too but that's not his game. 

21 minutes ago, ginge said:

Last season 4 in 34. This season 2 in 18. Not sure your maths is correct.

And as for his wasted crosses, lot's of good players waste balls. They are trying to find the perfect one and it doesn't always pay off. Harry Kane what a great striker but lots of his shots on goal don't go in.

Worrall contributes to goals with his assists. That's what sort of player he is. Yes it'd be lovely if he scored 30 a season too but that's not his game. 

So he's been at the club for only 2 season? No? Sit down.

And besides, 6 goals in 52 games for an attacking player is still a really poor return. No wonder we're getting nowhere fast on the pitch.

23 minutes ago, ginge said:

I would say Worrall is the first name on the team sheet.

Only shows what a poor side we actually have. He's one of the few decent players we've actually got. Still doesn't score enough though. If he's a winger then I'm a scientist. 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Might not score a lot but the number of assists and chances he creates is up there with the best in the league. Not sure if the difference it makes whether he’s scoring them or creating them personally 

It matters a lot if you're playing with one up front. Where are the goals coming from? As an attacking player, often one of the front three we play with, he has to take responsibility in getting more goals. He hit a bit of a purple patch last season and there was talk about him finally adding more goals to his game. Since then we've had next to nothing.

2 hours ago, TylerB said:

So he's been at the club for only 2 season? No? Sit down.

And besides, 6 goals in 52 games for an attacking player is still a really poor return. No wonder we're getting nowhere fast on the pitch.

Must admit always been a fan of 2 up front. A single striker needs to score a hell of alot of goals with a good dozen each from the 2 wide men to get you to the right end of the table. Dont see it happening this season or last. Two lumbering centre halves marked lone striker Popey out of that game.  Feel that 2 strikers will always create more chances, score more goals  and  cause more trouble to 2 centre halves.

3 hours ago, TylerB said:

So you're basically saying what I'm saying, that he should score more goals. I've not once said he shouldn't be part of the squad or best 11, which is what you seem to be suggesting. He doesn't score enough goals. That has nothing to do with him being a League Two player. There are full-backs who score more goals than David Worrall.

I couldn't care less about his assists, not when I see him waste cross after cross, set-piece after set-piece. As one of the front three he needs to score goals, and he doesn't.

Doesn't really matter who scores them, does it? 

Goals need to be scored and people need to help us do so. David Worrall has consistently proven he helps us score goals.

If his method is a high-volume approach of lots of crosses, so be it. It seems to work for him. He has to garner sufficient space and time to send those crosses in in the first place. 

19 hours ago, Rory said:

Fair enough mate. Not for me though.

I'd have Tom Jones over Rodney nevermind Tom Pope.

Not sure why you have that attitude towards a player who isn't only our top scorer, but is clearly getting better the more he plays. But...each to their own - we are all entitled to have an opinion!

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Not sure why you have that attitude towards a player who isn't only our top scorer, but is clearly getting better the more he plays. But...each to their own - we are all entitled to have an opinion!

Spot on. 

Wasn't a member of the Rodney groovy gang club myself but there is no doubt the more he's played the better he's becoming. He is frustrating, exciting, raw, powerful, annoying. 

Give the lad some slack ( not you Tony ) . 

Rodney is doing okay we have far more pressing concerns than him 

Archived