onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

Advert

18 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Your right, he should score more goals, but if he did he wouldn't be playing for Port Vale, and as it is, without more goals to his name, we're very lucky to have him.  End of chat.

Absolute nonsense. If you don't believe a wide player of some ability should be more than capable of scoring more than just a few a season then you have seriously low expectations.

18 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Quite a strange turn in the thread to change into a Worrall criticism thread, I’m sure he wants to score more goals too, as do other players in the squad I bet. But out of all the team he’s the one thats getting two footed on here. 

As one of our attacking players that plays regularly it should be a responsibility of his to help the team out by scoring a few more goals. He's often the second highest player up the pitch for us. We've been a low scoring side for a while now and he's been at the club for a few years. In regards to not scoring enough goals often as a team, he has to be seen as part of the problem.

34 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Absolute nonsense. If you don't believe a wide player of some ability should be more than capable of scoring more than just a few a season then you have seriously low expectations.

Absolute nonsense?  Read my post again. I’ve agreed with you to a certain degree.  The fact is we’re lucky to have Wozz for his creativity alone.  If he was more prolific in front of goal he’d be playing in a higher league for sure.

In general yes, but if you have a winger with a high rate of assists it does not matter. The 3 assists yesterday should win most games.

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, TylerB said:

In general yes, but if you have a winger with a high rate of assists it does not matter. The 3 assists yesterday should win most games.

I just expect an attacking player to be capable of scoring more than 3 or 4 goals over a season.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Some people find it very very hard to back down from a position they have put themselves in.

Its funny.

By speaking facts? You've got to have issues to say that Dave Worrall scores enough goals, considering his ability and the fact that he plays game after game as one of the front three.

And don't bother to mention assists. Assists and goals are completely different things. There's no excuse whatsoever for him to have such a poor scoring record.

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Absolute nonsense?  Read my post again. I’ve agreed with you to a certain degree.  The fact is we’re lucky to have Wozz for his creativity alone.  If he was more prolific in front of goal he’d be playing in a higher league for sure.

Who said he needs to be prolific? You're just making things up to suit your argument. 

All I've said is he should be scoring a few more a season, all things considered, and the snowflakes here are up in arms as usual.

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

By speaking facts? You've got to have issues to say that Dave Worrall scores enough goals, considering his ability and the fact that he plays game after game as one of the front three.

And don't bother to mention assists. Assists and goals are completely different things. There's no excuse whatsoever for him to have such a poor scoring record.

If I offered you a magic bean now that would guarantee that all three of our forwards would score 3 less goals than they were going to but create 6 more assists each for other members of the team.... you would snap my hand off.

Honestly, I’m king of banging on about one topic over and over again, but this is ridiculous.

Yes we would love it if Worral maintained his assist level and scored more goals. But equally to call him out over Amoo, Monty, Pope, Rodney feels like it was a throw away comment that has led you to get into a “discussion” with other posters you hate the idea of backing down to.

Admin, can we move this part of the thread elsewhere or close the thread as it’s no longer about what it’s about. 

To try and widen the debate slightly and partially try and see where Tyler is coming from it boils down to a lack of goal scorers for Worrall to assist.  
If we have a team out where  Worrall is not expected to score as he assists,  Tom not expected to score as he brings so much more to the team, Joyce as he is the holding player, Conlon as he only scores occasional free kicks and worldies,  Hurst as he is new to pro football then over a season we will not prosper.  It puts the defence under even greater pressure, and for Rodney to increase his decent output further. 
Worrall is an asset to any team at this level as evidenced yesterday, but addressing the number of goals in the squad during the summer.  Whether Robinson and McKirdy will be part of this time will tell.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

If I offered you a magic bean now that would guarantee that all three of our forwards would score 3 less goals than they were going to but create 6 more assists each for other members of the team.... you would snap my hand off.

Honestly, I’m king of banging on about one topic over and over again, but this is ridiculous.

Yes we would love it if Worral maintained his assist level and scored more goals. But equally to call him out over Amoo, Monty, Pope, Rodney feels like it was a throw away comment that has led you to get into a “discussion” with other posters you hate the idea of backing down to.

Admin, can we move this part of the thread elsewhere or close the thread as it’s no longer about what it’s about. 

Why would I contemplate backing down or changing my opinion when the facts speak for themselves? I've already said we don't score anything like enough as a team. So that goes for every single player we have.  Worrall gets a mention because he's one of the first names on the team sheet every week and was constantly a part of the 4-3-3 or 4-3-2-1 formation Askey liked to play. I've not once said he'a a poor player, or not good enough to warrant a start. All I've said is that an average of one goal every 10 games is absolutely shocking for a player who does have some ability, regardless of other aspects of his game. The only counter argument I've had to that yet is "Well he assists a lot...".

Not once have I said he should be "prolific". He's a League Two player for a reason. But he should be good enough to score 6 or 7 goals a season, and he doesn't. So as a low scoring side his lack of goals has to be seen as a part of a wider problem.

Archived