onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

Advert

6 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

But he's provided more assists than any player in league 2!

And there won't be many wide players who score as few as he does over a season. When you play a striker up front on his own it's imperative that your wide men and midfielders chip in. Worrall doesn't. He gets nowhere near double figures.

Like I said, I'm not debating his place at the club or even that he's one of our better players. But he needs to score more goals if we're to stick with a 4-3-3 formation and him as one of the two out wide.

19 hours ago, TylerB said:

And there won't be many wide players who score as few as he does over a season. When you play a striker up front on his own it's imperative that your wide men and midfielders chip in. Worrall doesn't. He gets nowhere near double figures.

Like I said, I'm not debating his place at the club or even that he's one of our better players. But he needs to score more goals if we're to stick with a 4-3-3 formation and him as one of the two out wide.

Sweet dreams!  It's very rare to get a provider AND striker rolled into one--if Worrall was that good, he'd be worth an absolute  fortune and not be playing for us!!

2 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

Sweet dreams!  It's very rare to get a provider AND striker rolled into one--if Worrall was that good, he'd be worth an absolute  fortune and not be playing for us!!

Very true. Worrall provides his share of goals with his assists

3 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

I'm not expecting him to get double figures in both goals and assists. But the fact is his goal record is poor, however you try to shape it. A player of his ability in League Two should be aiming for double figures over a full season but he gets nowhere near that. There are centre-backs that score more often than Worrall. Despite his assists, generally his crossing, set-pieces and particularly his shooting are often diabolical.

22 hours ago, TylerB said:

I'm not expecting him to get double figures in both goals and assists. But the fact is his goal record is poor, however you try to shape it. A player of his ability in League Two should be aiming for double figures over a full season but he gets nowhere near that. There are centre-backs that score more often than Worrall. Despite his assists, generally his crossing, set-pieces and particularly his shooting are often diabolical.

Obviously I would love it if he (and for that matter any other PV player) scored more goals, but however you look at it, the fact still stands; check the stats and you'll see he's top of the list for assists in the whole of league two.  I suspect his stats would be even better if we had more efficient strikers to take advantage of the service he provides!

Funny one Worrall is.

I like him and rate him as league two footballer.

It does surprise me he's top of the list for assists as when I watch him I do find myself frustrated by his final ball or cross.

It's an aspect of his game that I always thought needed improving and that that was why he was league two.

Evidently I know nowt!!!

22 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

Funny one Worrall is.

I like him and rate him as league two footballer.

It does surprise me he's top of the list for assists as when I watch him I do find myself frustrated by his final ball or cross.

It's an aspect of his game that I always thought needed improving and that that was why he was league two.

Evidently I know nowt!!!

Put in enough crosses and you'll get someone on the end of something eventually. I go by what I see with my own eyes, and I lose count how many times Worrall completely wastes a cross and/or a set piece by either over or under hitting the ball.

Seems some people here think because he's got the most assists for us it somehow makes him the League Two Kevin De Bruyne. I like my wide players to be able to beat a full-back with skill or pace, and to get a few goals. Worrall does none of that.

51 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Put in enough crosses and you'll get someone on the end of something eventually. I go by what I see with my own eyes, and I lose count how many times Worrall completely wastes a cross and/or a set piece by either over or under hitting the ball.

Seems some people here think because he's got the most assists for us it somehow makes him the League Two Kevin De Bruyne. I like my wide players to be able to beat a full-back with skill or pace, and to get a few goals. Worrall does none of that.

In part,  I agree with you.  As I say, it does surprise me that he's top of the league for assists.

It's not something to dismiss though.  Everytime people are rating a player they rightly bring up stats.  Everytime they mention de bruyne, for example, they normally chuckle and say 1 million chances created in the second half.  Or something like that!

Also, the fact he's put in so many crosses does suggest he gets into the position to do so. Loads of wingers we've had over the years simply think getting to the byline and running the ball out of play qualifies them to play on the wing.

He ain't world class, but we're a far better team with him in it.

IMO obvs

Archived