onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

Just now, Sandyford_Lion said:

As an attacking player and a front three player he does need to score more goals. His record as a goalscorer is shocking. He misses easy chances.

I have always said Worral is one of first names on team sheet but with our other wingers and our midfield we rely on the one man up front to score 25 goals for the play offs.

ALL the other forwards and midfield need to score more goals 

Precisely the point I was making. Some people are so touchy here. Snowflakes everywhere.  

Advert

1 minute ago, TylerB said:

How many has he scored in his best goal scoring campaign? Again, he doesn't score enough goals. That's not an opinion, it's a fact. I never mentioned anything about what he does and doesn't bring to the team other than the fact that as often one of our front three players, he doesn't score anything like enough.

Are you pretending you didn’t use the term ‘wizard worral’ disparagingly? 

Just now, Andyregs said:

Are you pretending you didn’t use the term ‘wizard worral’ disparagingly? 

Clearly I don't rate him half as highly as some here, but it's not to say he wouldn't be in my team. But I've said for a long time now he should be considered as one of the three in midfield. Yes, he gets assists. But how many shocking crosses does he have to put in before he gets one right? Like I said, his scoring record for an attacking player is absolutely honking, regardless of what assists he gets or how much he runs about.

For me worrall is one of our few players that’s good enough. He does need to score more but he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me (when fit). 

interesting, just watched askeys interview on YouTube and he said he’s sick of shouting at one or to of them. Would that be Robinson and mckirdy or possibly others as well? Dressing room does seem to be lost. All these players really do need getting rid of and start again. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

For me worrall is one of our few players that’s good enough. He does need to score more but he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for me (when fit). 

interesting, just watched askeys interview on YouTube and he said he’s sick of shouting at one or to of them. Would that be Robinson and mckirdy or possibly others as well? Dressing room does seem to be lost. All these players really do need getting rid of and start again. 

He's what, 30 now? He's never going to suddenly score more goals. And as part of a low scoring team for a long time now his lack of goals has to be seen as part of the problem. That's not to say that we don't have bigger problems, or to say that he's not worthy of a place at the club. But his paltry return of 4 or 5 goals a season shouldn't just be ignored, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Clearly I don't rate him half as highly as some here, but it's not to say he wouldn't be in my team. But I've said for a long time now he should be considered as one of the three in midfield. Yes, he gets assists. But how many shocking crosses does he have to put in before he gets one right? Like I said, his scoring record for an attacking player is absolutely honking, regardless of what assists he gets or how much he runs about.

If he’s assisting a goal then that means the team is scoring a goal. That’s the important thing. 

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Agree with Worral comment.

As for Askey it cannot mean Robinson / McKirdy. They are not part of squad today and surely they are already listed to go, hopefully, so he would forget about them.

2 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

If he’s assisting a goal then that means the team is scoring a goal. That’s the important thing. 

I get that. But I also see him put in cross after cross that has me wondering if he actually practices at all. I love his work-rate and he's always one of the few players who's attitude you can never question. But McKirdy has shown for Carlisle that he can be a much bigger goal threat if used correctly, and Askey hasn't had the answer in regards to getting out of him what he's capable of clearly.

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He's what, 30 now? He's never going to suddenly score more goals. And as part of a low scoring team for a long time now his lack of goals has to be seen as part of the problem. That's not to say that we don't have bigger problems, or to say that he's not worthy of a place at the club. But his paltry return of 4 or 5 goals a season shouldn't just be ignored, in my opinion.

Agree entirely and have commented on this for a long while.

This maybe the reason why his career has never progressed better than being at the Vale for the last few years.

He is one on the team sheet every week for me but knowing this we need to find goalscorers not the players we currently have. It makes me believe that for goalscorers you have to spend money.

5 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Agree with Worral comment.

As for Askey it cannot mean Robinson / McKirdy. They are not part of squad today and surely they are already listed to go, hopefully, so he would forget about them.

Yeah that’s what I thought. Wonder who else he was referring to 

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Yes but also if he misses a goal then that means the team is not scoring.

And a player who doesn’t even create the chance to assist or score means the team isn’t scoring. I don’t know how anyone can look at the stats for this season and pick out worrall as the person to criticise. The only players anywhere near in terms of contribution is Rodney. 

In regards to McKirdy, personally I thought he was our best or at least most exciting signing of the summer. A Carlisle fan who I stayed in touch with years ago after meeting him on holiday told me that he can go missing when the going gets tough, but his ability in League Two is second to none. That comment didn't concern me because if he was consistent then he wouldn't be playing in League Two, and wouldn't have been signing for us.

If he's walking around with a face like a smacked arse and not putting in effort on the training pitch then he won't be the first or last. It's not like he's had a genuine run of games where he's been cack. The odd game here and there is hardly a fair chance to show what he can or can't do. Likewise with Robinson, although I can't get just how bad he was in his first stint with us from my mind.

1 minute ago, Andyregs said:

And a player who doesn’t even create the chance to assist or score means the team isn’t scoring. I don’t know how anyone can look at the stats for this season and pick out worrall as the person to criticise. The only players anywhere near in terms of contribution is Rodney. 

So you're content with his few goals a season then as one of our front three?

Archived