onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

McKirdy & Robinson...Goodbye ?

blackdog

11 hours ago, Joe B said:

What's your point?

Thankfully the goal of recruitment should not be 'get heart reacts on OVF' but to 'assemble a good side'.

Who cares what the reaction would be? Irrelevant.

Because if they signed a couple of "chancers" as we have called them, recently, and they flopped, there would be meltdown on here It's not really irrelevant if we get people going on official social media platforms and demanding that somebody be sacked because they're "bloody useless!". 

Advert

7 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Because if they signed a couple of "chancers" as we have called them, recently, and they flopped, there would be meltdown on here It's not really irrelevant if we get people going on official social media platforms and demanding that somebody be sacked because they're "bloody useless!". 

Imagine signing a lad say 18yrs.from Moor Green or Rhyl, this site, facebook and twitter would be in meltdown accusing Carol of a lack of ambition and Askey of lazy signings, giving so called experts the chance to have snide and sarcastic digs.

38 minutes ago, Rory said:
15 hours ago, Bald Eagle said:
There would be numerous ‘keep signing non league players that’s where we’ll end up’ comments no doubt

I'd be one of them. The odd player from non league is fine but we don't want to keep bulk buying them, we need to sign more professional football players.

Lots of non-league players are professionals now.

Doesn't really matter where they are from, as long as they are good enough/the right ones.

Signings is just a small part of the problem for me. Miss management being the biggest. Our squad contains a few dead ducks that’s for sure but on a whole it should be steady for this league.
Football is not played on paper as the saying goes but that strike force of Robinson, Pope, Cullen and Rodney is the stuff of dreams given the we have been severed up in recent history yet we are unable to get one of them firing at all. Serious questions should be asked as to what the hell is is going on! 
Is that strike force really the stuff of dreams?

I've seen nothing really in Cullen to suggest hes anymore than an expensive backup.

Theo is terrible.

Pope is 35 or whatever and this season its showing. (Hes still our best striker mind)

Rodney has potential, but is raw and not good enough to score the goals playoffs would need.

I dont think it's a bad strike force if you're aiming for like 15th. It's no where near good enough for play offs and certainly not one I'd dream about.

Look how well Morcambe are doing so it dispells the theory of spending a fortune to generate success. I guess the end of the season will ultimately determine their chances but for now it shows a decent manager gets the best from his squad irrespective of the pedigree of the players.

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Is that strike force really the stuff of dreams?

I've seen nothing really in Cullen to suggest hes anymore than an expensive backup.

Theo is terrible.

Pope is 35 or whatever and this season its showing. (Hes still our best striker mind)

Rodney has potential, but is raw and not good enough to score the goals playoffs would need.

I dont think it's a bad strike force if you're aiming for like 15th. It's no where near good enough for play offs and certainly not one I'd dream about.

This post is spot on

17 hours ago, The_godfather said:

Lots of non-league players are professionals now.

Doesn't really matter where they are from, as long as they are good enough/the right ones.

Aspin thought that. He signed all manner of awful non-league players. 

He disrespected the decent league players we had, such bad Worrall by playing his non league gems who unsurprisingly turned out to be non league standard. 

It doesn’t work. Ricky Millar was signed at the age of 27/28 and had been non league because he was an unprofessional prat. 

The odd young lad aged 21 or so in the conference doing well maybe worth a punt, but truly these days such is the reach of Premier League scouting networks, any gem is likely to have been found by them long ago before we find them. 

A better move is to go for the guys released from their networks. A lot of our best players in recent years started their careers at Prem teams. Dodds, Oyeleke, Amoo, Remi Streete and Alnwick all had ties at youth level or as early pros with very top youth clubs. 

The worst have a theme of turning pro much later or had youth careers at Bury etc. 

Archived