onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If Grew doesn't get it..

suge1w

I know that, you know that, and all the other level headed fans know that, but at the end of the day, Valiant 2001 have always gone for the cheapest option, and always will do, for the simple reason, we as a club are skint.

Well if it did turn out to be true they're either very brave or ****ing idiots.

They made a rod for their own back with Adams and the calibre of any appointment will be comparable....that and the fact Gannons reign will live long in the memory

Advert

There is a lot to be said for stability in this economic climate. For that reason Buckle and Coleman could be hard to get. There is a possibility that they would only get 12 months in charge before being sacked, at which point both would struggle to find an opportunity to build their career again. Torquay and Accy are currently maxing their potential, whereas Vale are much lower than they should be in terms of club size. They could mosey along at a snails pace at those clubs without making much progress, whereas a lot of stress and heavy expectation awaits the next vale manager.

I was quite impressed saturday with what Grewey managed to do in four days, with the lads, but its the Mickey Adams style, and whilst we probably should have kept with this after he left, if we are unsuccesful this year, should we just have a complete overhaul in the new season? Id like Grewey to continue with the club but i think we need to have a complete overhaul, i think we need to rid ourselves players we dont want and give as much as we can to the new manager.

I dont believe Sam Morsy will be here as the vultures are circling already.

I would hate to think that Mark Grew's loyalty would mean so little to the Vale should a new manager wish to bring his own staff to the club!

Did we not slate Adams for leaving us after such a short time, yet we could get rid of someone who has spent decades with us because a new manager doesnt want him?

I hope whoever is running the club next season and whoever is the new manger is, treats Grewey with the respect that his loyalty deserves===

I really hope Boothroyd and anyone else for that matter is NOT being interviewed soon, Grew should and MUST be given a chance. Have no lessons been learned from the rush to get Gannon in - a mistake that can be forgiven (by some) but not if it is repeated.

He's got 8 games, end of story

Good luck to Grewy. He doesn't have anything to lose really. If he does a really good job and gets us up or even in the playoffs given the circumstances then he may well get the job. If he doesn't then he cant really be blamed anyway. Saturday's performance was very positive though despite only getting a point. They seemed to have that hunger, desire and work ethic back.

The only thing that is certain is that when the next new manager is appointed which should be by Mo Chaudry.....then both Horsfield and Grew must go and the new manager can then pick the backroom staff....the new manager must have complete control of all footballing matters except the "Academy" which must be independently funded and run seperately.

Essentially Grew and Horsfield are in charge till the end of the season and

V2001 will see how that goes as they are the cheap option....so once again

an internal inexperienced cheap manager which will lead to V2001 and the

Football Committee handing out contracts and next season written off before it starts.

Unless V2001 pay the compo and go out and get either Coleman or Buckle

they might as well not bother and admit that they can't afford a proper manager and backroom staff team and have not even funded a squad with

18 senior professonals needed for a matchday 18.

If V2001 don't go now then along with this season next season is a write off.

Boothroyd has stated that he doesn't want to get back into management till next season and our Board's controlling influence (Jackson) has said we won't be appointing anyone till at least the end of this season as Grew will be in charge till then. Boothroyd will no doubt be looking round during May to see where vacancies are cropping up; though I have no doubt that if a 'big' club offered him their manager's job, he would take it immediately!

Archived