onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boardroom Capers?

geoff1

Advert

42 minutes ago, geoff1 said:

just a thought-is their anybody on the board with any knowledge of running a football club apart from colin garlick? and sir john el presidenti!

I think apart from Tideswell aren’t the other ones all synetic staff? 

Director and COO - Claire Halket

Director of Commercial and Communications - Martin Tideswell

Director - Marian Humphreys

Director - Ian Lewis

Director - Rob Moorhouse

Director - Richard Wood

Marian Humphreys is the finance director, a role she has at Synectics and one needed in any business.  Ian Lewis is one of the main IT blokes at Synectics - much needed at a football club these days.  Richard Wood has been involved in tracking fraud in his role at Synectics - probably useful for keeping an eye on our former owner!  I think Robb Moorhouse is involved in sales and marketing.

This is not just about running a football club, it's about running a successful business in the world of football.  I'm not actually sure what the point of the original post was. 

Can someone on here explain how the hell Carol can finance getting rid of the manager,as coupled with the massive loss of income from the covid situation,we are rumoured to be paying back another instalment to Smurthwaite in January. Sorry but it's a massive ask and maybe we all need to get realistic.The Manager,players and fans need to kickstart the season again ,as so far ,it's a shambles.Happy New Year hopefully 🤗

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Marian Humphreys is the finance director, a role she has at Synectics and one needed in any business.  Ian Lewis is one of the main IT blokes at Synectics - much needed at a football club these days.  Richard Wood has been involved in tracking fraud in his role at Synectics - probably useful for keeping an eye on our former owner!  I think Robb Moorhouse is involved in sales and marketing.

This is not just about running a football club, it's about running a successful business in the world of football.  I'm not actually sure what the point of the original post was. 

But you aren't in the know !!

Pull the other one Jacko. 

You are the go to fan for RS and even Midlands today. But you aren't in the know ? 

I'd stake a pound of my savings that you are on first name terms with 

Carol Kevin Tideswell Baguley Bowers Sherwin Garlick etc etc 

Am I correct ? 

1 hour ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Can someone on here explain how the hell Carol can finance getting rid of the manager,as coupled with the massive loss of income from the covid situation,we are rumoured to be paying back another instalment to Smurthwaite in January. Sorry but it's a massive ask and maybe we all need to get realistic.The Manager,players and fans need to kickstart the season again ,as so far ,it's a shambles.Happy New Year hopefully 🤗

Shrewsbury did it and their new manager took over first game 22/11/20. He has gained 13 pts out of a possible 21. I totally agree with your argument on the initial financial commitment of sacking JA put do we want to be relegated.? Then say we should have sacked him before the New Year.
It’s a results based business and when things are going well everyone is high fiving, unfortunately things are terrible and JA is the manager and is accountable for results. If he isn’t then he needs to walk a bit like Holloway has. No, I don’t want Holloway to replace JA. I would go for the Morecambe manager but if we couldn’t afford him, then let’s see who applies.

37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

But you aren't in the know !!

Pull the other one Jacko. 

You are the go to fan for RS and even Midlands today. But you aren't in the know ? 

I'd stake a pound of my savings that you are on first name terms with 

Carol Kevin Tideswell Baguley Bowers Sherwin Garlick etc etc 

Am I correct ? 

Definitely correct. Not sure why she denies it.

Can someone on here explain how the hell Carol can finance getting rid of the manager,as coupled with the massive loss of income from the covid situation,we are rumoured to be paying back another instalment to Smurthwaite in January. Sorry but it's a massive ask and maybe we all need to get realistic.The Manager,players and fans need to kickstart the season again ,as so far ,it's a shambles.Happy New Year hopefully

Simple, if you can’t afford to run a football club don’t buy one. Every single business has been affected and have therefore used contingency plans to attempt the very difficult task for some, of staying afloat!

Many teams have taken the stance of sacking a manager this season following an unacceptable run of results.

Can we all stop with the “poor little old Port Vale” theme! It makes me so angry that we collectively think that we ain’t got a pot to piss in! I’m sure that Carol & co have the finances to run a successful business in Synetics, therefore having the cash to run Port Vale. If they don’t, that is very concerning

20 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Shrewsbury did it and their new manager took over first game 22/11/20. He has gained 13 pts out of a possible 21. I totally agree with your argument on the initial financial commitment of sacking JA put do we want to be relegated.? Then say we should have sacked him before the New Year.
It’s a results based business and when things are going well everyone is high fiving, unfortunately things are terrible and JA is the manager and is accountable for results. If he isn’t then he needs to walk a bit like Holloway has. No, I don’t want Holloway to replace JA. I would go for the Morecambe manager but if we couldn’t afford him, then let’s see who applies.

Shrewsbury did it in a totally different pre covid situation. My main point is the massive loss of income at the football club is dictating the decision making.Its also not little Port Vale ,as someone else has mentioned. We're very lucky to still have a bloody football club.I'm disgusted by the attitude of a few players ,who are on more dosh than our essential workers, but couldn't give a toss.

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

I’m puzzled as to why all of a sudden the inadequacies of the manager have now become an all-out assault on the owners.

I think all-out assault is a bit of an overreaction.

During the last 18 months we have hopefully been progressing towards a position of stability. Even long-term stable clubs have to make managerial changes from time to time.

We can't (shouldn't) conflate problems on the pitch with much bigger problems. However I can understand one or two people wondering out loud if the relationship between the manager and the club's hierarchy is a bit too cosy.

Wow even jacko is getting it now for potentially knowing some people. Who else can we try and drive away from the club? Do we as a club have a higher percentage of destructive fans than other clubs? Feels like it whenever we lose a game. 

Archived