10 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Good news is we can roll out platitudes to dress up pure dross such as:

- Back to basics

- Stop the rot

- Things to build on

- Will take a point!

- Plenty of positives

- Solid

Any others? Say Want. Need. Expect every time you read one.

We did what we had to do today. It wasn't pretty (like the pitch). We matched a side who've won a few of late, and if he hadn't put that team out with that set up, Askey would have been criticised. With the players available, he did everything right tonight. Credit where credit's due, surely? Or just be sarcastic, that's your call.

1 minute ago, andy jones said:

Just how many teams in this league could do well with 5 of your first 11 missing?

Some of you on here were hoping for a heavy defeat tonight.

Bet you're gutted.

There is no genuine Vale fan that hopes we get a heavy defeat, yes it is a decent point against a side that has picked up but it remains 1 win in 11 games and we are sliding down that table and getting closer to the bottom 2.  We also did not have 5 missing in most of those other 10 games and we should never have relied on Manny and Monty, whilst really good players, they are just too injury prone to pin any hopes on.

4 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Just how many teams in this league could do well with 5 of your first 11 missing?

Some of you on here were hoping for a heavy defeat tonight.

Bet you're gutted.

Some of us want the club to move forward and stop accepting garbage managers with 6 points out of 33 and 1 win in 11!!!

what’s been the excuse for the past 11 or so games then? Have we had 5 injuries for each of them? 

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

We didn’t create anything , due to all of our creative players being injured. We adapted the tactics and line up to dig out a result, which we got. This is what most have complained about the last few weeks . Has it come to late ? probably , should we change the manager half way through the season...I hope we don’t. I’d rather battle through this strange season and then re asses when emotions aren’t as highly strung. We will end up rushing an appointment with the same set of players. It will probably be Sinclair or Pugh anyways . Cue even more moaning.

Tonight makes me more annoyed as to why didn’t we set up like that for the second half against Walsall and Tranmere when 2-0 up .

We would be 7th now.

Was an awful match but then you support a 4th division football team playing effectively half their reserve team. What would you expect? . If it’s so painful bugger off to Man City or another plastic horror bag of a team .

UTV keep the faith

Agree this kind of performance is about 5 weeks to late. 

1 minute ago, Moz said:

We did what we had to do today. It wasn't pretty (like the pitch). We matched a side who've won a few of late, and if he hadn't put that team out with that set up, Askey would have been criticised. With the players available, he did everything right tonight. Credit where credit's due, surely? Or just be sarcastic, that's your call.

I was having a little jest, no more.

I'm not one to celebrate 1 shot on target (which could have been a cross), and if the season has fallen to the point where games like tonight are to be commended then questions need to be asked as to how we got here. 

However, a points a point, it's a platform to build on, ground it out, solid and showed resilience, and we've stopped the rot by going back to basics 😉

10 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

You are joking ? Surely

A point won by a team fighting at the bottom of the league.Good point but an awful performance.

Burgess and Whitehead put some effort in but were poor, very poor. Joyce is near the end of his career too.

Hurst is a good squad player.Fitzpatrick is a good squad player.

Brisley is worse than Smith and Legge when in possession of the ball.

Good defensively and a needed point won. Thats it.

No, not joking. Covered a lot of ground today and looked ok on the ball. tough conditions, where no midfield player could shine. I often criticise the lad, because he can be so poor sometimes. Today wasn't one of those days.

I was having a little jest, no more.
I'm not one to celebrate 1 shot on target (which could have been a cross), and if the season has fallen to the point where games like tonight are to be commended then questions need to be asked as to how we got here. 
However, a points a point, it's a platform to build on, ground it out, solid and showed resilience, and we've stopped the rot by going back to basics 
So you would have been happier if we had 2 shots and lost ?

I’m not going to grumble too much, we’ve all been crying out for a clean sheet and tonight we looked solid defensively. However, that also meant that we offered nothing going forward. Perhaps this kind of performance is too late and was needed during the dreadful run of losses in November. 

In isolation it is a good point but for the majority the damage has been done. Are we just plodding along until the inevitable sacking? 

Brisley is your proper John Smiths advert “avvv it” but we needed that tonight.

With our full XI we would likely have won and should of had a penalty but a clean sheet will give the back four confidence to build on.

Prem on about a circuit breaker after these games so maybe a couple of weeks for us to get bodies back if the EFL follow suit.

2 minutes ago, Moz said:

No, not joking. Covered a lot of ground today and looked ok on the ball. tough conditions, where no midfield player could shine. I often criticise the lad, because he can be so poor sometimes. Today wasn't one of those days.

Fair enough. 

Didnt lack effort but even on a poor pitch thought he did very little

Gibbons, montano and worrall would be first team. Don’t count Oyeleke because he’s played about 14 minutes more than my nan. Once we have those fighting fit and a striker bought in in January who wants to shoot occasionally - we’ll finish an honest, fabulous 15th. A strong foundation to fight for 13th next season.

.........awks

Archived