onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

51 minutes ago, osprey said:

Harrogate was abandoned due to a frozen pitch

Maybe there was a reluctance to call ours off given the schedule.  As the game wore on it seemed to get worse, so maybe at kick off it wasn't as bad as it looked.  Either way, it probably helped our weaked side more than it did Bantams.

Fair play to the players, it was all about not making silly mistakes in the tricky conditions and overall we managed that, albeit without playing well.

Advert

23 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Ok apologies for suggesting you anti Askey posters would be gutted tonight.

I accept we are all Vale with different views but some of the comments on here pillorying Carol for not sacking him were absolutely disgusting attacks on what she has achieved after saving the club in the first place.

Yes the last 6 weeks have been awful results wise but so many games went against us in injury time. Two when we had battled with ten men. Ok there weren't 5 first team missing in all those games but injuries to key players have had an affect.

Regarding the 'poor' signings in Summer. Well if I remember right we paid the vast majority of our budget on retaining our existing squad and it seemed most on here were delighted we did.

Then Carol dug even deeper to try and get Maynard. Disappointing to miss out? Not sure actually as he has scored how many in the league this season?

So we got Robinson who had one of the best goals / minutes records last season.

6 weeks ago Askey was good enough to get us comfortably in play off positions even though we had by then conceded a couple of late goals that cost us being in top three.

6 weeks isn't a long time when Carol has as 3 year plan to ...

Get us promotion

Create a quality Academy to develop young talent for the first team.

Overhaul the off field activities including bringing in professional staff she can trust.

Create an incredible reputation within the city including nearly 200,000 meals for those in need (disgracefully described as a 'few meals for elderly' by one poster.)

Put seats in the Lorne Street to give us a proper stadium look to be proud of after all these years (again written off by the same poster as a few plastic seats)

And last but not least agreed to pay an immense amount of money to save the club.

So please, let's just lay off the criticism of Carol's running of the club and accept that she has undertaken all of the above and will decide all appointments of people who work for her without having to take the abuse being aimed at her both on here, and other social media.

If anyone is letting our football club down its those throwing the personal abuse who should be ashamed of themselves.

Happy New Year

Apologies for re-posting this following the Stevenage game.  Some didn't think that it would happen at the time,  let's hope that it doesn't. 

Last year when our very own Doha had is own thread of the Bloatcake I saw a toxic little thread mocking The Vale concerning our bright new dawn under Carol and Kevin. I thought that only the most bitter and jealous Lard could have produced such a nasty piece of work, prophesying a cycle of how our exuberance would be short lived before we turn on our owners, manager and ourselves. - Why?  He said because we always do

His spiteful post was bourne out of shear hatred and jealousy of The Vale. 

Vale fans. Please don't allow this to actually happen,  because, looking at some of the posts currently circulating, it seems that we aren't that far away from it developing, particularly with the minority of comments that are starting to bubble concerning Carol. 

Don't let The Lard be proved right.

28 minutes ago, andy jones said:

You'd have been better leaving this sentence out.  The argument would be that despite his stats, and our dire need for goals in the squad, JA can't fit him into the team, certainly as the lone striker, so why sign him?  It smacked of desperation at the time, to fill a squad place left vacant by hanging around for Maynard, and still looks that way.

Crap game very low on quality from either team. At we least showed some determination and a bit of grit tonight. More than we have done for a while. Thought we still looked uncertain and vulnerable but the clean sheet should give more confidence.

JA's explanation re McKirdy & Robinson is the clearest indication that he will be staying on until the end of the season.

Mid table here we come....can hardly contain the excitement.

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Crap game very low on quality from either team. At we least showed some determination and a bit of grit tonight. More than we have done for a while. Thought we still looked uncertain and vulnerable but the clean sheet should give more confidence.

JA's explanation re McKirdy & Robinson is the clearest indication that he will be staying on until the end of the season.

Mid table here we come....can hardly contain the excitement.

What did he say? 

mid table. I’ll take that if askey stays. Think we will be a lot lower if he’s here all season though. I’ll save a tenner a game though so there is that!

56 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Ok apologies for suggesting you anti Askey posters would be gutted tonight.

I accept we are all Vale with different views but some of the comments on here pillorying Carol for not sacking him were absolutely disgusting attacks on what she has achieved after saving the club in the first place.

Yes the last 6 weeks have been awful results wise but so many games went against us in injury time. Two when we had battled with ten men. Ok there weren't 5 first team missing in all those games but injuries to key players have had an affect.

Regarding the 'poor' signings in Summer. Well if I remember right we paid the vast majority of our budget on retaining our existing squad and it seemed most on here were delighted we did.

Then Carol dug even deeper to try and get Maynard. Disappointing to miss out? Not sure actually as he has scored how many in the league this season?

6 weeks ago Askey was good enough to get us comfortably in play off positions even though we had by then conceded a couple of late goals that cost us being in top three.

6 weeks isn't a long time when Carol has as 3 year plan to ...

Get us promotion

Create a quality Academy to develop young talent for the first team.

Overhaul the off field activities including bringing in professional staff she can trust.

Create an incredible reputation within the city including nearly 200,000 meals for those in need (disgracefully described as a 'few meals for elderly' by one poster.)

Put seats in the Lorne Street to give us a proper stadium look to be proud of after all these years (again written off by the same poster as a few plastic seats)

And last but not least agreed to pay an immense amount of money to save the club.

So please, let's just lay off the criticism of Carol's running of the club and accept that she has undertaken all of the above and will decide all appointments of people who work for her without having to take the abuse being aimed at her both on here, and other social media.

If anyone is letting our football club down its those throwing the personal abuse who should be ashamed of themselves.

Happy New Year

Whilst this is all correct, I can only really remember TJHValiant putting a stupid post criticising Carol?

99.9% of the fanbase backs Carol regardless; some want Askey to go, some want Askey to stay.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with the above post, making mountains out of molehills, or giving larger credence to lone nutcases, won't do anyone any good. The above post makes it sound like Carol was facing stick from all over, and not some fans saying 'please sack the manager' (wouldn't do it myself but understandable and would occur at any club) and one lone crazy post (which the above post seems to rebut extensively).

Just looks bad if we complain about 'comments pillorying Carol' (making it sound like we're a fanbase of loons) when in reality it's one. 

I think the debate surrounding Askey is entirely fair and would be found on any football forum of a team in our position. That's just the nature of the game. You may disagree, but I feel it's perfectly reasonable for fans to call for the removal of a manager with the run Askey is on. Every other club of the 92 would do the same.

The more you mention, rebut, and kick off about these crazy posts, the more commonplace they appear, despite being a proper minority. Tell them they're being daft and move on.

4 minutes ago, 1 said:

Carol’s a legend. A decade of Askey won’t change that.

This is the view of 99% of fans.

Carol is the best thing to happen to our club in 30 years. Askey should go. Both can be, and are (imho), true. 

Don't whip up one crazy post into some non-existent 'the fans are out for Carol!', as it makes us look a bit daft. It's nice to get the internet points but it's defeating an argument which barely exists, and doesn't exist at all in the rational fans.

After the recent poor performances I’ll happily take that point. Given the amount of first team players missing I didn’t think this was a game for us to go gung ho for the 3 points, I think we needed to grind something out, besides with the players available there was no chance of seeing us really going for it anyway because we don’t have that spark when we’re missing players like Worrall, Monty, Gibbo, Conlon and manny. We have to get ourselves back on an even keel somehow and this is just the start of that. 

It’s interesting to read the many posts quoting our recent record of 1 win in 11 and whatever points we’ve amassed in that time, which all means that Askey must go and that dominates some people’s opinions at the moment. But what if he turns it around? At some point that poor run becomes just another statistic, but is he done now in people’s minds because of that run? If he stays when does that run become a memory or is it a millstone round his neck now? 

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

It’s interesting to read the many posts quoting our recent record of 1 win in 11 and whatever points we’ve amassed in that time, which all means that Askey must go and that dominates some people’s opinions at the moment. But what if he turns it around? At some point that poor run becomes just another statistic, but is he done now in people’s minds because of that run? If he stays when does that run become a memory or is it a millstone round his neck now? 

I don't understand this argument.

'If he turns it around, then what?'. You could have said the same about Neil Aspin or Michael Brown. You may as well never, ever sack a manager because there is a potential that they turn it around. 

If this run prevents us from finishing in the top 7, the pre-season aim, then yes; it should be held against him. This run has resulted in him underdelivering. It also raises questions about future suitability for the job.

You can't bang on about the 8 game run and the playoffs in March and then pretend this shambles of a sequence doesn't exist. 

23 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What did he say? 

mid table. I’ll take that if askey stays. Think we will be a lot lower if he’s here all season though. I’ll save a tenner a game though so there is that!

He said he's made them available to other clubs so he can make room to bring other players in.

Archived