onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Resilient performance by Vale, pitch looked like the top inch was frozen hence bobbly and difficult to play on.

Take a point in the current circumstances any day.

No one can dispute the effort of all the players tonight, Scott Brown, Legge, Brisley and Smith all did really well. 

Looked like a def pen to me, ball didn't deviate in direction at all.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Joe, would you rather we had played 2 centre halves and Mills?  Smith was clearly playing right back. 

No Jean, but I would have liked us to look at least 'not Sunday League' going forward.

Smith playing at right back was better but doesn't explain one of the most turgid games of football I've ever seen.

Bradford don't score many so I won't quite be celebrating tonight as an example of defensive Catenaccio brilliance quite yet.

Well that is 90 minutes and £10 I will not get back again.  Awful game of football played on a shocking pitch between 2 really poor sides and awful commentary yet again.  The referree was bored of the game as well and wanted to put us out of misery by only adding a minute of stoppage time, not seen 1 minute for a long time in the second half of a game.

Other than what looked like a penalty for us, we could have been playing until next Christmas and still not scored in that game, it was just really poor.

This has to be the worst midfield 3 I have seen since 2008 away at Bury when we had Richman, Mackenzie and Davidson.  Burgess has been awful all season and Whitehead is a Sunday morning footballer, no offence to those who play on a Sunday.  Unless we can get Manny and Conlon back fit soon in midfield, we are going to be up against it.  Awful management by Askey, it was so clear that we needed an extra midfielder in the summer but he chose not to bring one in and instead brought in an extra winger in with McKirdy when already having Worrall, Montano, Amoo, Hurst, Rodney, Trickett-Smith all at the club.

Grateful for a point as it is very much needed as we are really getting sucked closer to the relegation battle but I really can't see where we are going to get any wins from.

26 minutes ago, Moz said:

Been impressed by Burgess tonight

You are joking ? Surely

A point won by a team fighting at the bottom of the league.Good point but an awful performance.

Burgess and Whitehead put some effort in but were poor, very poor. Joyce is near the end of his career too.

Hurst is a good squad player.Fitzpatrick is a good squad player.

Brisley is worse than Smith and Legge when in possession of the ball.

Good defensively and a needed point won. Thats it.

Will agree with the consensus, Whitehead is no good.

I think Brisley helps our back line though. Positionally sound, no faffing. He's not great, but in comparison to the weekly circus we've been used to he didn't do much wrong.

However, I reckon Sproson's statue could have limited Novak tonight. Not the sharpest forward.

4 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

This has to be the worst midfield 3 I have seen since 2008 away at Bury when we had Richman, Mackenzie and Davidson.

Funny you mentioned that. While I was watching our midfield three play, Neil Mackenzie sprang to my mind as well.

He was decent at Countdown, to be fair to him.

I'm not joining any happy clapping but we do have to take circumstances into account 

Injuries have decimated and have we ever had a weaker bench than tonight ? Mills abysmal, Crookes so so, Pope bit part player and 3 unknown kids.

Didn't watch thankfully but you can't knock it for knocking it sake .

I expected a tonking. Fair play to them tonight. 

Still doesn't change my opinion on things but I'd much prefer this than to of got stuffed 3-0 

We have huge problems moving into January that simply have to be addressed .

The more effort quote going around is a sad indictment on the players as you should give your best all the time not be selective

We didn’t create anything , due to all of our creative players being injured. We adapted the tactics and line up to dig out a result, which we got. This is what most have complained about the last few weeks . Has it come to late ? probably , should we change the manager half way through the season...I hope we don’t. I’d rather battle through this strange season and then re asses when emotions aren’t as highly strung. We will end up rushing an appointment with the same set of players. It will probably be Sinclair or Pugh anyways . Cue even more moaning.

Tonight makes me more annoyed as to why didn’t we set up like that for the second half against Walsall and Tranmere when 2-0 up .

We would be 7th now.

Was an awful match but then you support a 4th division football team playing effectively half their reserve team. What would you expect? . If it’s so painful bugger off to Man City or another plastic horror bag of a team .

UTV keep the faith

Archived