onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

For me, try to get the defence as sound as possible, Brown may not be the main problem but hasn’t looked as solid so maybe give Visser a go.

Fitz isn’t the main problem either but a fit Monty would get the nod for me.

Legge’s had a rest so bring him back with Brisley and put Smith to right back.

Play Joyce in front of them and maybe we’ve got some sort of chance.

Up front, Hurst and Amoo wide with Rodney in the middle - no problem.

The remaining two midfield players - I haven’t a scooby unless some key personell are fit again I suppose you have to go with Burgess and Whitehead and tell them to run around a bit while we launch long balls out of defence for the front three to chase.

I've never wanted a game to be postponed before. But here we are 

With the injuries mounting up,dire football on display and a manager out of depth in charge I have zero confidence in this team at the minute. Which is sad but with corona stopping fans in stadiums and the painful football we have to suffer every week I have no desire to watch the game at all. 

2 1 Bradford followed up by another Dull Askey post match interview.

Should we lose this one then surely you cannot have Askey in charge for the Mansfield game,we would be at 1 win in 11 league games and the potential to be 5 off the bottom 2.

Anyway i am sticking my neck out and predicting a 3-1 win to the boys and then we will go on a run of 4 wins 🙂 feel free to return to this post.

4 hours ago, Valiant62 said:

For me, try to get the defence as sound as possible, Brown may not be the main problem but hasn’t looked as solid so maybe give Visser a go.

Fitz isn’t the main problem either but a fit Monty would get the nod for me.

Legge’s had a rest so bring him back with Brisley and put Smith to right back.

Play Joyce in front of them and maybe we’ve got some sort of chance.

Up front, Hurst and Amoo wide with Rodney in the middle - no problem.

The remaining two midfield players - I haven’t a scooby unless some key personell are fit again I suppose you have to go with Burgess and Whitehead and tell them to run around a bit while we launch long balls out of defence for the front three to chase.

I would also go with Smith, Legge and Brisley because it looks like Clark won't feature again. However, I would keep Fitzpatrick at LB to hopefully keep it solid. 

Further up we have plenty of wide options and hardly any central midfielders. So why not play 4-4-2?

That would mean Rodney moving from the flank into the centre, freeing up a wide berth for Amoo to start and it means we only have to field two central midfielders.

So a team along the lines of:

Brown

Smith - Legge - Brisley - Fitzpatrick

Amoo - Joyce - Burgess - Hurst

Pope - Rodney

It will undoubtedly be 4/3/3 because Askey knows no other way and seems unwilling to try to find a system that suits the players.

Personally, given our defensive issues of late, I’d be tempted to go with 3 at the back.

Given injuries etc I’d go with

Brown

Mills Smith Legge Brisley Fitzpatrick

Burgess Joyce Hurst

Pope Rodney

1 hour ago, robf said:

I would also go with Smith, Legge and Brisley because it looks like Clark won't feature again. However, I would keep Fitzpatrick at LB to hopefully keep it solid. 

Further up we have plenty of wide options and hardly any central midfielders. So why not play 4-4-2?

That would mean Rodney moving from the flank into the centre, freeing up a wide berth for Amoo to start and it means we only have to field two central midfielders.

So a team along the lines of:

Brown

Smith - Legge - Brisley - Fitzpatrick

Amoo - Joyce - Burgess - Hurst

Pope - Rodney

I think this will be the side. Clark isn’t even at the club anymore and Mills is having a bad time of it to say the least. On top of that we have midfielders out and in addition Whitehead got hauled off at half time last time out because he was so bad. 

Thing is does anyone think askey is going to turn it around regardless of the result tomorrow the majority would say no. If we win tomorrow all it is going to do is buy him 5 more games. He needs to <ovf censored> go so someone can have january to make some signings

Bradford seem to be on the up but no offence to Bradford I do not care about Bradford ,i do for Vale though and if we repeat the last two away game performances without the defensive bloopers then maybe we will win. 

Alarming performance v Barrow the worst I've seen since sinnott was in charge ,I hope Carol's ripped into them (the players that is ) I bet the stoke loving duo haven't they be patting them on the back ,body language tells you everything theres no reaction most games to the tactical changes the opposition make in game play ,no change in our system it's his way or the highway (Askey)until he tries to adapt to whatever team we are playing we will continue to lose like sat v Barrow two big centre halfs bullying Pope why not take Pope off and play Rodney there or even Bailey or bring Legge on up front ,no imagination he just let that game drift away.

How he can look is so called friend and boss in the eye and say he is doing everything get the best out of these players when clearly he cannot motivate and if he can then 1 win in 12 says he cannot so anyone with any intelligence would be calling him out .

Hope Oyeleke is back and I hear Worrall is fit someone spoke to him the other day on Port Vale wonder of you so I wonder .

Let's hope he picks the right team and gets Legge back in to be honest I would replace Askey with Legge and make up a position for Mr one system so then he isnt getting sacked he is just moving place in the workplace and let's face it its merited ,maybe synthetic solutions need a programmer or a cleaner etc 

Archived