onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Another game, another loss. I’ve got zero confidence in the players available and the management to turn things around at Valley Parade.

Brown has to stay in goal. He hasn’t been performing as consistently as of late, but that’s expected when the ten players in front of him are useless. 

The defence is anyone’s guess. Mills and Fitz are simply not good enough, they are constantly leaving the two CB’s exposed. Smith looks half the player we know and Legge has been poor. However, I’d be bringing him straight back after his touchline antics. Brisley and Crookes have struggled when been given a chance. They are both left footers, which makes it difficult for them both to start. 

Our midfield without Conlon and Manny is scarily bad. Burgess and Whitehead were awful yesterday. Joyce is out of form. I look away every time he goes flying into a tackle. 

Our attack hasn’t been much of a problem, expect for yesterday. I like Hurst and Rodney. Amoo is unpredictable, but our best outlet. Pope struggled yesterday, but we all know what he can do. 

Therefore, I’d go 4-4-2 and take the game to Bradford. Askey’s tried and tested 4-3-3 isn’t working, it’s time for a change.

Brown
Smith Legge Crookes Fitz
Amoo Joyce Burgess Hurst
       Rodney Pope

Bench: Visser, Mills, Brisley, Whitehead, McKirdy, Robinson, Bailey. 

I’ll go for a 3-0 defeat. 

Even with another defeat, Askey will still find himself in the dugout next Saturday. 

Relegation battle is well and truly on. 

Askey out! 

3 hours ago, robf said:

Surely there are alternatives?

What is the issue with Mitch Clark? The silence on that one from the club is deafening.

If not Clark then surely moving Smith out to the right and bringing Brisley into the centre has to be a better option. After all, after thirteen games without a cleansheet, if Brisley cannot get a start now, he never will...

I'd also start with McKirdy in the "Conlon" role. I think he's not trusted on the flank as he drifts and doesn't support the full-back but as a "ten" he's going to cause the opponents problems and is a goal threat. I think with him picking up pieces from Pope, it could really create issues for Bradford.

Yes, he'd need some discipline behind him in the midfield as he's not a great defensive player but I would have thought this was the time to bring McKirdy into the side.

Agree Rob, hence why I picked Whitehead over Burgess. Like others, I’m not entirely sure what type of midfielder Whitehead is, but at the very least he must be able to sit in centre circle and break up play (preferably Bradfords rather than ours) with Joyce helping what would be a very defensive back four, leaving four creatives to try to work some openings.

3 hours ago, robf said:

What is the issue with Mitch Clark? The silence on that one from the club is deafening.

If not Clark then surely moving Smith out to the right and bringing Brisley into the centre has to be a better option. After all, after thirteen games without a cleansheet, if Brisley cannot get a start now, he never will...

I'd also start with McKirdy in the "Conlon" role. I think he's not trusted on the flank as he drifts and doesn't support the full-back but as a "ten" he's going to cause the opponents problems and is a goal threat. I think with him picking up pieces from Pope, it could really create issues for Bradford.

Yes, he'd need some discipline behind him in the midfield as he's not a great defensive player but I would have thought this was the time to bring McKirdy into the side.

Agree with most of that Rob but Smith was horrendous for the first goal, not once but twice. To be swotted aside by Quigley said it all. 

Has to be dropped. The fact I'm almost saying that one of the worst right backs for years and years gets in ahead of him in my view tells us where Smith is at. 

Can we not get it called off due to Conlon ? I see more games have fallen by the wayside due to covid but again not us 
Rochdale basically called their game of by themselves, why can't we ? 

Need to call a few off so our injured players get chance to play ( that is before they get injured again of course )

11 minutes ago, osprey said:

Need to call a few off so our injured players get chance to play ( that is before they get injured again of course )

Too many sick notes in this squad, who conveniently are injured, instead of fighting for the cause.They know who they are so please depart in January!!

3 hours ago, robf said:

This makes sense to me.

Too many sick notes in this squad, who conveniently are injured, instead of fighting for the cause.They know who they are so please depart in January!!

Seems to me that if a side is doing well, players don’t get injured - side doing badly and every little knock seems to keep players out for weeks

Just now, The man in the pub said:

My fear though Santa is the 2 or3 Bradford score before the injury time goal.

Though last season it was us with Will Atkinson. But yes in general we have let a few in late at Bradford. 

Devante Cole I think was one which sticks in my mind , Page set up not to lose and we fell to a sucker punch. 

Pope struggled yesterday, but we all know what he can do.

Halleys comet comes around every 75 years but you don't sit in the garden looking at the night sky in hope for 74 years. We have such backward looking fans at times. Rodney has more goals than pope, more assists than pope (the self styled best hold up striker in the league), more pace than pope, more mobility than pope and I've little doubt has more successful 'hold ups' than pope this season. Yet people are still picking pope! I just don't get it, at all.

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Halleys comet comes around every 75 years but you don't sit in the garden looking at the night sky in hope for 74 years. We have such backward looking fans at times. Rodney has more goals than pope, more assists than pope (the self styled best hold up striker in the league), more pace than pope, more mobility than pope and I've little doubt has more successful 'hold ups' than pope this season. Yet people are still picking pope! I just don't get it, at all.

Can you not read, mate? In my selection for Tuesday, I noted that I’d put them both up top. Never at any stage did I suggest that Pope should be starting over Rodney. It was either Pope or Robinson to partner him, and I know who I’d rather have. 

Archived