onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Bradford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Pre-season a possible 6 pointer at the top of the table, but now looking like a relegation battle unless January brings changes.  Hardly the mood to be visiting the Bantams now flying up the table with 3 wins on the trot and the Vale dropping in the other direction.  How many Vale players on the injury list are likely to return for this encounter and turn the tide before the year ends?

Advert

I can’t see much different a side being put out against Bradford than we did yesterday. Conlon, manny, Cullen, Gibbo and Worrall will all I assume be out. Maybe Monty is closer to fitness? Surely we can’t persevere with Mills at right back can we and Whitehead had an absolute shocker yesterday which then would dictate us moving away from the usual 3 in midfield formation. 

brown

smith Legge Crookes fitz

amoo Joyce Burgess hurst 

Rodney pope

I have to say, I thought Burgess was dreadful yesterday, offered absolutely zilch, like a little boy just running round chasing the ball.

My team:-

Brown

Smith-Legge-Brisley-Fitz

Joyce-Whitehead

Amoo-McKirdy-Hurst

Rodney

Gone for experience at the back and midfield, and a bit of pace and creativity up top. Plus we don’t really have any other options. 

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I have to say, I thought Burgess was dreadful yesterday, offered absolutely zilch, like a little boy just running round chasing the ball.

My team:-

Brown

Smith-Legge-Brisley-Fitz

Joyce-Whitehead

Amoo-McKirdy-Hurst

Rodney

Gone for experience at the back and midfield, and a bit of pace and creativity up top. Plus we don’t really have any other options. 

You’re spot on. Burgess is like a little boy playing mans football. He can’t get about the pitch much to influence a game. Look at our midfield four. No strength or height anywhere, we’re such a weak team and no bite in there. No wonder we conceded every week. No leaders anywhere on the pitch. We’re a mess on the pitch and I can’t see it getting better. 

We have very little options. The longer the season goes the Darren Anderton wannabees come to the fore.

Cullen 2 opening day, barely seen since , constantly injured.

Manny 6 games in a row, he nearly had a gold watch for long service.

Monty bitty season, tremendous , injured, tremendous, injured. 

Worrall and Amoo rarely injured but the 3 at the top are habitual sick notes. 

If Brisley doesn't start at Bradford after the latest Smith balls up then when will he play ? 

No alternative to Mills sadly, Whitehead surely will never play again and as Biddulph PV said Burgess ran around like a dog chasing a balloon. 

We have very few options available, time to show bulldog spirit and show that they have a spine. 

Visser 

Mills ( sadly ) Brisley Crookes Fitz 

Joyce Burgess 

Amoo Pope Rodney

I can't honestly think of the 3rd midfielder, I never want to see Whitehead play again. 

Hurst unlucky to miss out but if Amoo fit for the bench then he's fit to start 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

No alternative to Mills sadly,

Surely there are alternatives?

What is the issue with Mitch Clark? The silence on that one from the club is deafening.

If not Clark then surely moving Smith out to the right and bringing Brisley into the centre has to be a better option. After all, after thirteen games without a cleansheet, if Brisley cannot get a start now, he never will...

I'd also start with McKirdy in the "Conlon" role. I think he's not trusted on the flank as he drifts and doesn't support the full-back but as a "ten" he's going to cause the opponents problems and is a goal threat. I think with him picking up pieces from Pope, it could really create issues for Bradford.

Yes, he'd need some discipline behind him in the midfield as he's not a great defensive player but I would have thought this was the time to bring McKirdy into the side.

4 minutes ago, robf said:

Surely there are alternatives?

What is the issue with Mitch Clark? The silence on that one from the club is deafening.

If not Clark then surely moving Smith out to the right and bringing Brisley into the centre has to be a better option. After all, after thirteen games without a cleansheet, if Brisley cannot get a start now, he never will...

I'd also start with McKirdy in the "Conlon" role. I think he's not trusted on the flank as he drifts and doesn't support the full-back but as a "ten" he's going to cause the opponents problems and is a goal threat. I think with him picking up pieces from Pope, it could really create issues for Bradford.

Yes, he'd need some discipline behind him in the midfield as he's not a great defensive player but I would have thought this was the time to bring McKirdy into the side.

Clark was sent back in the week before the Walsall game I believe. So we’re in the position where we’re making do until Gibbo is fit it seems.

2 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

We will lose unless askey is gone. Club won’t be having the £10 off me for this one and not again until he is gone 

To be honest I'm with you on not paying to watch the games anymore already spent loads watching and seen enough now, the performance yesterday didnt even provoke any getting up out of my seat and going wow that was good ,nothing was good it was abysmal and embarrassing and if Askeys in charge how he cannot  change the mentality of the group as it seems they have thrown the towel in to me and have no respect for the people who pay there wages to me .

Team well there be no Smith Whitehead Burgess and Pope for me ,all very poor yesterday or Crookes he didnt play like a leader at all so if we can put Leon Legge in temporary charge and put Askey on gardening (you do not have sack him then just tell him stay away from the ground while someone else negotiates the next 3 vital fixtures if you cannot afford sack him )leave as having him around the group is negative to Vales chances period. 

Brown 

Legge Brisley Crookes 

MIlls Joyce Youth team midfielder (or recall Trickett Smith)Hurst 

Mckirdy 

Rodney Bailey 

Theres your team unfortunately it's not that strong but Legges a leader and alongside steady good footballer and can do the basics Brisley Crookeswillhopefully be better for it .

ITS A 3 4 1 2 system with young Bailey partnering Rodney up front if it ain't working then bring on Pope or Robinson ,recall trickett Smith and say it's your big chance I felt in the games earlier in the season he at least gets about the pitch putting challenges in, and be honest that's what you gotta do if you want to win football matches .

Please no Smith ,legges  ten times the leader and player he is ,we need leaders we need bottle and we need bravery to get anything out of this and more importantly we need Askey removed from the high pressure environment his lack of tactical awareness has placed the club in. 

UTV 

Archived