onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Nobody will do better until January when we can get rid of the rotten few.  Everyone knows it, Carol knows it, thats why she still supports JA.  She knows the problem isn't him.

By rotten are you just assuming players have a bad attitude from simply hear say and rumours ? Askey has brought these players in and if he can't control them then he shouldn't be a manager. 

This is his team and formation. He's taking us backwards. 

The buck stops with him. 

Advert

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I said weeks and weeks ago... Actually, it was more of a question. I asked whether anyone can imagine the players really wanting to play for Askey. Based on his pre and post match stuff, when he can be arsed and doesn't send out Dave Kevan, he comes across as someone that is as dull as dishwater. Nice enough man, sure, but not someone that will get you motivated and/or inspired in any shape or form.

He makes Cleggy from Last of the Summer wine look like William Wallace.

I had to laugh when Bowers said on the half-time whistle that "John Askey will be tearing strips off the wall in the dressing room at half-time".......yeah, right - only if he's going to do a Bill Bratt and walk around with a paint brush in his hand, as he's (supposedly!) re-decorating the place himself!

5 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

I have been in there in the past, dead funny aren't you.

Crookes. Askey signing.

Robinson. Askey signing.

Cullen. Askey signing.

Mills. Askey signing.

Whitehead. Askey signing.

Burgess. Askey signing.

McKirdy. Askey signing.

Fitzpatrick. Askey signing.

Bla bla bla disruptive influences, give him January.

Look at his past fcking transfers. They're his fcking players. You're talking delusional nonsense. 

JA said its the first time it was not good enough and the players were missing.  This was not good enough and players were not trying to show for each other.  Thought the players would show, but they didn't today and that was not good enough.

Which games has he been watching over the last 10 games.  The players have been not showing for each other for the last 10 games and he has only just seen it today.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I said weeks and weeks ago... Actually, it was more of a question. I asked whether anyone can imagine the players really wanting to play for Askey. Based on his pre and post match stuff, when he can be arsed and doesn't send out Dave Kevan, he comes across as someone that is as dull as dishwater. Nice enough man, sure, but not someone that will get you motivated and/or inspired in any shape or form.

He makes Cleggy from Last of the Summer wine look like Willian Wallace.

Today apart, recent performances have been pretty good, just bad results. So they were playing for the manager in those games, to me he’s either telling the players to do things that league 2 players can’t do, or he’s telling them to do things they should be able to do but can’t, in which case they ar’nt good enough.

Being as dull as dishwater in a radio interview has no bearing whatsoever on whether a person is a good manager or a bad one.

Just now, Nofinikea said:

You wrong on 2 of those.

No, I'm not. Every single player in that list was offered a contract under the Askey regime. Fact. 

Let's not forget his other masterclass signings, Bennett, Kennedy, Lloyd, Evans, Maddison and Archer. Yeah, give him January, he'll be reet. 

1 minute ago, Conrad said:

Today apart, recent performances have been pretty good, just bad results. So they were playing for the manager in those games, to me he’s either telling the players to do things that league 2 players can’t do, or he’s telling them to do things they should be able to do but can’t, in which case they ar’nt good enough.

Being as dull as dishwater in a radio interview has no bearing whatsoever on whether a person is a good manager or a bad one.

As someone who played football none stop as a teenager and young bloke, I can only speak for myself when I say that I enjoyed playing for managers that had something about them, a personality, far more than I did for those who didn't. I can only imagine it's the same for players no matter what level they are playing at.

Guest Vale at home
6 minutes ago, The man in the pub said:

Askey we werent good enough. Just take that onboard in that we have just  played 3rd from bottom at home. We are on the crest of a slump.

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Askeys interview sounds like he could be finished 

He sounds like that when we win and on a good run.  He knows the axe will be coming at some stage and I don't think he trusts the players anymore and they don't trust him either.

Archived