Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert:

26 minutes ago, Aguar61 said:

Would be amazed if Askey resigns because that would show character, something he seems to lack.

He won't resign because :-

1. He likes the job (why wouldn't he.....its just up the road)

2. He won't walk away from any pay-off (even if its only 6 month's worth)

3. He's never going to get another manager's job in the Football League

4. He's not subjected to the pressure he'd be under in 'normal' circumstances - either from an irate crowd, or from a trigger-fingered boardroom.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Well that was awful. Brown, Mills, Joyce, Whitehead and pope all a waste of a wage at the moment. All should be released at the end of their contracts. Fitzpatrick not far behind. The way we're going now, I'd stick with rodney in the middle to bring him on. Same with Hurst. Amoo to play whenever fit. Aside from those 3, I wouldn't be fussed if the others never played for us again.

cant really fault that. our squad is far too old and needs refreshing. but the buck stops with the manager. you live and die by your results and as is clear to see. its time to go.

• Like 1

Advert:

They were much quicker than us had far more energy and we deserved nothing from the game. How these players and the management can take up there wages is a joke. In any other business they would have been given there marching orders weeks ago. I don’t know what the answer is but I cannot take these sloppy and half hearted performances.

• Like 1

I'm not in favour of getting rid of the manager but can't understand the choice off the 2 weakest (In terms of strength) center halves against Quigley. I don't think Crookes has done badly. Smith awful for goal first hoofs it nowhere near anyone then puts in an awful clearance which causes him to be out of position putting Quigley through.

Why didn’t Crookes come across to block
Him though? He was marking no one

The most insipid and spineless performance in years.

Askey called his team out last week and they didn't bother today. He's finished. He put out a non-league looking side who played exactly like that - non-league, without the determination and fight. Scott Quigley has ran us ragged.

We are in real danger of getting sucked into things at the bottom. Southend have turned things around, new manager for Barrow, Grimsby, Bradford. It's 1 win in 12 folks. It's not defensible anymore.

People have the right to want him to stay but I think you're kidding yourselves. This is so, so, so poor. There is no defending today, or Kings Lynn, or Stevenage, or Walsall.

Carol has to pull the trigger. Tonight. It's a no-brainer. I sincerely hope that the decision is taken. If he isn't, there is simply no pressure to succeed. There is no motivation to win games. It's a non-entity of a season, and I can't accept that.

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 9

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Andyregs said:

Tells us about the quality of recruitment during the summer 

Questions should and need to be asked. As bad as I've seen. JA has lost the dressing room imo.

Full backs don't defend tight enough nor offer any forward threat.

Midfield non existent. No service to Pope or Rodney.

Is Frank Sinclair running the show? Are there cliques within the camp?

We miss Gibbo, Monty, Worrall and Conlon - which emphasizes how piss poor the recruitment is/ was.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Askey will get January.  And rightly so.

Askey should not be allowed anywhere near the transfer money.  He will only get more Macclesfield players in.

He will let our good players go and bring in more average players and no doubt they will end up playing a couple of matches and then get injured no doubt.