Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

5 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

Pope off please,abysmal.Amoo on ,Rodney up top.

None of our front players are getting any service at all.  Have the midfield actually put a ball into their box to allow our front players have a go.  Not sure.

Advert:

• Replies 718
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The most insipid and spineless performance in years. Askey called his team out last week and they didn't bother today. He's finished. He put out a non-league looking side who played exactly like

Crookes. Askey signing. Robinson. Askey signing. Cullen. Askey signing. Mills. Askey signing. Whitehead. Askey signing. Burgess. Askey signing. McKirdy. Askey signing.

Askey in. This is the real mastermind behind no shots on target every week, 433, papier mache midfields, no plan B, 1 substitution a game in the 85th minute, players out of position and Mills at

Posted Images

Just now, VantaaVale said:

Agree. He's on borrowed time already but this would just be one loss too many.

One shot against third from bottom is just not good enough.

I can only think it's gone on for this long as we're getting massively financially stung by the restrictions currently in place.

Simply can't afford to have sacked him I'm guessing.

Surely he can't stay under any circumstances if we lose this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

This is garbage

Absolute rubbish 

Crookes, Fitzpatrick down left and Smith, Whitehead down right. Its no wonder we cannot create a chance. Never seen anything so slow.      Joyce in the middle keeps giving it to these players.  We are getting nowhere. Its awful. These players have the ball and must create chances.

From first minute Quigley hit Smith and Smith is hiding today. He is shocking. Bring Legge on and let Smith know its not acceptable. They have put crosses in and had half chances to score. Pope is being murdered, he wont win a free header all day long.

Why not Amoo for Pope and put Rodney down the middle. Legge for Smith. Not sure who for Whitehead or Fitzpatrick but they are awful and should be off now. Barrow commentators say Pope is too static with no movement. Too easy for defenders. With the service he is getting i agree with them.

Shocking performance. Rodney and Hurst ok, after that nothing at all.

I don't often post on here, and I don't like calling for sacking a manager but this is awful. £10 on ifollow when Premier league is free on bbc. Unfortunately something needs to change, even if by some miracle we win today

Agree. He's on borrowed time already but this would just be one loss too many.
One shot against third from bottom is just not good enough.

Advert:

15 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Just thinking another manager would do this, oh yes they did last week against Vale and it worked for them. 

JA and Co will leave it till the 70th minute and then change things around.

That was a manager 13 years younger than Askey with four times as many promotions on his CV.

I want to see it working with Askey as he's a local man and that's rare to see in today's game. But I have to say if he was from Blackburn I'd probably have wanted him out weeks ago.

Edited by Wrex

Amoo doing a specific warm up according to Radio Sjoke.  Last time he did this he came on and came off shortly afterwards with an injury.  Please warm up properly and bring some urgency to these Muppets on the pitch.

Is he bringing off Pope or another midfielder like Whitehead,  Just been confirmed Whitehead.

Edited by PVFC764

Advert:

Worst performance of the season by far from Vale. Woeful defending for their goal.

Whitehead and Fitz are not good enough for this level, injuries costing Vale, why isn't Clarke on the pitch. Barrow are a physical side, get the ball to Hurst as their right back is on a yellow.

Seems a blustery wind at Vale Park, going to be difficult to turn this around.

I'm not in favour of getting rid of the manager but can't understand the choice off the 2 weakest (In terms of strength) center halves against Quigley. I don't think Crookes has done badly. Smith awful for goal first hoofs it nowhere near anyone then puts in an awful clearance which causes him to be out of position putting Quigley through.

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I can only think it's gone on for this long as we're getting massively financially stung by the restrictions currently in place.

If only we had beat kings lynn we could of used the prize money to pay off his contract. Tactical genius by askey lose that game so cant afford get rid of me all season

• Haha 1

Advert:

What service is he getting? He's getting clattered. Rodney anonymous and made useless when pushed out wide.
Hurst has put plenty of decent balls into the box actually. Pope hasn't got near any of them, preferring instead to stand at the back post and then moan. Last time he burst a blood vessel to get to a cross was man city away. Normal service is resumed.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

People need to think a little before trying to turn people against Carol. Phrases like “no ambition from the bottom to the top” are an utter embarrassment.

If your only mental capacity is “not going well, manager not sacked, owner to blame” in a Covid riddled season where money is a serious concern to the woman who has pumped millions in to save the club, then I would suggest staying quiet. It’s f*****g stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, wotsyobeef said:

I'm not in favour of getting rid of the manager but can't understand the choice off the 2 weakest (In terms of strength) center halves against Quigley. I don't think Crookes has done badly. Smith awful for goal first hoofs it nowhere near anyone then puts in an awful clearance which causes him to be out of position putting Quigley through.

I like Smith but he was awful for the goal against Quigley of all people!!!