onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Why is it? Which of those players would you honestly keep beyond the end of this season?

None of them. The original poster was spot on. We don’t look fit, have no strength or a nasty side and are weak as piss all over the pitch. Teams come up here and bully us and take the points. It needs another rebuild but that can’t be left to Askey. It needs another experienced boss to do that. 

The only one I'd be tempted to keep is manny, given his quality, but it would have to be on a much reduced wage with the difference being made up in pay as you play incentives. I can't see him getting a contract anywhere else with his injury record. Such a shame as he shows pretty much every time he plays how much better than this league that he is

None of them. The original poster was spot on. We don’t look fit, have no strength or a nasty side and are weak as piss all over the pitch. Teams come up here and bully us and take the points. It needs another rebuild but that can’t be left to Askey. It needs another experienced boss to do that. 

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

The only one I'd be tempted to keep is manny, given his quality, but it would have to be on a much reduced wage with the difference being made up in pay as you play incentives. I can't see him getting a contract anywhere else with his injury record. Such a shame as he shows pretty much every time he plays how much better than this league that he is

Manny ? Pay him £10 a game but if he is not fit, he is a waste of a squad place.

Our team has no spark, no pace and not enough fitness in them. We usually start off well but second half we seem to disappear and die. I include Conlon in this. He is most definately our true ' footballer ' but this is his problem i believe.

Too many players need to be changed for one pre season but we need to start now. Should have already started but Askey failed miserably.

Only backing i will give to Askey is that maybe his budget was loser than most would like to think. Now having seen his players actually play and knowing where they came from i can only assume they are not paid very highly. They are squad players at the very best. When we then need to call upon several of them in one game, we get a performance like yesterday. That was terrible and as bad as anything over the last few years.

The defence is now top priority with Legge performing like an old center back and Smith making his usual mistakes in a season even more regular than previous. For now Monty is needed at full back, even with his defensive mistakes and Gibbons the other one. Whether Mills and Fitz are good enough as cover depends on how many games they are needed for.

Joyce, Burgess, Manny out and we need goals as replacements

Pope to go and a replacement needed.

Still think, even then our big problem will be scoring goals but maybe we sort that the following season ????

2 hours ago, philmpv said:

Why is it? 

I don't think that our main issue is the players, rather their training, tactics, positioning, motivation etc. I've already said that I believe a good manager, even allowing for COVID, lack of fans and our injuries, would have this current squad challenging for the top 5.

I also struggle to understand how jettisoning half the squad, many of whom would need contracts paying up, would enable us to move forward next season.

I thought Hurst did okay again. Always seems to get a decent cross in. Fast feet.  Looks a bit of a little lad at this level . Not meaning this as patronizing. He's done good. Runs out of gas but we don't seem to have a collective press at the moment. So he ends up running around aimlessly doing the press himself.  Probably wearing himself out. We have not had a collective press for a while.

He's done well. credit to the lad. I just fear he is a bit too lightweight for the hurly burly of  L2 at this time.

But done well done Hursty, impressed with you mate.

Archived