onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Ok only saw the game from the 25th minute so missed there first goal ,I have no wish to watch it .

So I paid ten pounds watch 65 minutes of much ado about nothing .

Amoo tried and that's about it Pope was dominated by the centre half and Smith made whatever his name is who scored the first look like a class act as two corners at the end of the first half the man he was marking (supposedly )had two efforts at goal with Smith a yard behind as usual ,then the killer second goal with no Vale player covering themselves in glory fault the lot of them .

Barrow were everything we weren't they were bright they were strong they totally deserved win in fact it should have being more for them as Vale just didnt look interested and on that performance Barrow will  finish above us .

Brown 6 one good save haven't seen the first goal but second maybe he could have anticipated the low ball in .

Mills 4 offered nothing going forwards and left player wide open make it 3 

Smith 4 a very poor player at fault for the first goal I believe ,not a leader steals a living .

Crookes 4 didnt see any leadership there 

Fitzpatrick 4 did he contribute anything to this game 

Rodney 4 very poor .

Burgess 4 very poor 

Joyce 5 kept going but not up to the standard win any game 

Hurst 5 

Pope 4  popes a good player but 3 big centre halfs unfortunately Askey how clueless can you be ,he was isolated you surely play a small quick un against these big units .

Whitehead 3 very weak offered zilch why not swap him with Mckirdy in Conlons place .

Amoo 6 put some ok work not one of our players tried divert any of his decent balls in at the near post there just wasn't any enthusiasm about the performance it was so bad I'd say it was back to the sinnott days .

If I manager I'd resign after that ,but I see he is hanging on what possibly could you do J Askey between now and the end of the season change what's being blueprinted in Vales fans memories of the nightmare of your management of the club since the Kings Lynn debacle ,you in my opinion haven't a leg stand on ,so why dont you do the decent thing and walk .

Time to go ,we are in leagues worst league a league what if covid didnt come to abruptly end our season we may have got out of we may still but it will not be in the way we demand ,and why shouldn't we demand better and we should receive better you pick the players the responsibility lies with you it also lies with the players but if they can not be bothered then there has to be reason. 

Are you the reason or have the players not being payed ,bonuses stopped etc what is the reason, its about time someone told the fans as what we are seeing on the pitch is bringing folk to boiling point .

Advert

Also an interesting link between Clarke becoming a bad influence and being asked to leave and the fact he is mates with McKirdy as they played together at Villa.
And even more interesting is a rumour that Maynard may be on his way here on loan in Jan.

Clark decided to leave , personal reasons , I want Askey gone but there is some nonsense posted at times

There has got be something going on with picking whitehead over mckirdy 
Whitehead plays central midfield.

McKirdy is a winger.

Probably that? I think Whitehead is a better player than what he is showing currently. Maybe it's fitness or confidence but he, like others, just look like they don't want to be here.

50 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Clark decided to leave , personal reasons , I want Askey gone but there is some nonsense posted at times

I heard from more than one source from within the club that he did not decide to leave of his own accord, Askey wanted him out of the club because his attitude and behaviour around the place was becoming disruptive. I’d back any manger for that decision if it’s for the good of the group, we can’t have players like that in the camp. 

I agree on the previous Legge comment from someone, I too see no issue with him encouraging his team mates and shouting instructions when he was warming up. Good to see that someone cares. 

19 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Whitehead plays central midfield.

McKirdy is a winger.

Probably that? I think Whitehead is a better player than what he is showing currently. Maybe it's fitness or confidence but he, like others, just look like they don't want to be here.

I’m no manager mate but we already had 4 defenders on the pitch and Joyce and burgess so he picked safety again at home against barrow 

fair enough but then not to bring him on when we are losing says it all 

11 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

I think he could be persuaded to come, not just for the money but also because Vale have far more potential than Morecambe. We're a club under excellent owners with ambition and Adams could be part of that in a way that Morecambe couldn't match.

Out of interest, I just read his CV on wiki and it's as good or better than most you would find in the lower leagues. He has had some outstanding successes and far, far more than Askey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Adams

It has changed my perception of him for the better - he would be an excellent candidate.

Totally spot on CD and this is why i am championing him so much,done so well in this league on a small budget with Morecambe,got Plymouth promoted out of this league and in touching distance of the league one play offs,did well at Ross County and still only 45.

When fans are allowed in they get what 2k,we potentially get 5k+,Carol certainly has a long term vision for the club which she could sell to him...I would certainly take him in a job and done well over the last few seasons than a Holloway just because he is a name.

Anyway lets be honest it might be pointless discussing managers as after yesterday i now cant see Askey going,so if you are on a run of 1 win in 10 league games and play how we played yesterday yet keep your then when will you go.

Totally spot on CD and this is why i am championing him so much,done so well in this league on a small budget with Morecambe,got Plymouth promoted out of this league and in touching distance of the league one play offs,did well at Ross County and still only 45.
When fans are allowed in they get what 2k,we potentially get 5k+,Carol certainly has a long term vision for the club which she could sell to him...I would certainly take him in a job and done well over the last few seasons than a Holloway just because he is a name.
Anyway lets be honest it might be pointless discussing managers as after yesterday i now cant see Askey going,so if you are on a run of 1 win in 10 league games and play how we played yesterday yet keep your then when will you go.

If Askey is retained by the time fans are allowed back in she will have a shock with the next season ticket sales.

3 minutes ago, Santa said:

From what I've seen of Whitehead so far, I honestly could not tell you what sort of midfielder he's supposed to be. Creative? Holding? Box to box?

Another sub-standard player signed solely on the basis of being decent in 2017 in the division below, alongside Fitzpatrick, Lloyd, Evans, Kennedy, and Browne. 

We all knew Whitehead was rubbish, yet he gets a start yesterday, puts in that comical corner, and is removed at half time. Utter shambles.

11 hours ago, Portvale4 said:

Bradford, Mansfield and Grimsby in the next 3. Can anyone honestly see us winning one of them? I certainly can’t. If we don’t pick up at least 4 points, we will be facing a relegation battle. 

Time to go John, before it’s ultimately too late. 

After backing Askey up to yesterday for me those 3 games coming up are the very reason i think he should go now,as you say he looks defeated so how do you expect him to motivate a team now for those crucial games,they(maybe bradford apart who have had the get rid of manager bounce) are winnable for a new manager but under Askey i have no idea.

Its ok people(including me at one point) saying its a blip,well lose 4 or 5 and then start winning again,that was/is a blip but win 1 in 10 then wow how can that be a blip,we are playing like we were a few years ago.

Archived