onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

15 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Also how have i slagged carol off literally making up im doing things ? If you had it your way the whole thread would be a how amazing carol is and that askey is doing an amazing job appreciation thread 

I have said a few times that I think Askey needs to go... so this is just wrong.

Advert

Just now, Vale1995 said:

I dont post about your posts i post about the game what the thread is about 

It’s a forum, you might find people disagree with you. Why should you get a free ride to just post over emotional stuff over and over and over again?

Are you saying you should be allowed to write what you want unchallenged? Not how it works I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

And ive always said i will happily debate what i say but you call me a idiot, stupid which has nothing to do with my post 

You were saying stupid stuff ... I call it like I see it.

Actually to be fair it is the relentless repetition of the same thing that’s most annoying.

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

It’s a forum, you might find people disagree with you. Why should you get a free ride to just post over emotional stuff over and over and over again?

Are you saying you should be allowed to write what you want unchallenged? Not how it works I’m afraid.

No ill be happy to debate my points with anyone but you reply questioning my intelligence and call me mental and a idiot. You take personal digs at me for my comments about a game rather than trying to discuss what i actually said. 
get off your high horse mate

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Ale and the Vale podcast is as brilliant as always and very interesting tonight.

They make some comments about hearing from multiple sources that Askey has lost the dressing room! 

Also an interesting link between Clarke becoming a bad influence and being asked to leave and the fact he is mates with McKirdy as they played together at Villa.

And even more interesting is a rumour that Maynard may be on his way here on loan in Jan.

The silence from Carol is slightly worrying, that doesn’t mean I’m anti Carol, we all love her and what she’s done for the club but no one seems to know what’s going on, very limited news is coming out the club full stop in terms of articles or anything. It’s all gone very closed shop in recent weeks.

If fans were attending games the atmosphere would be toxic now, we’ve seen it all before and the players would be slaughtered as would the management but I guess with no fans it’s easy on them.

I think fans just want to know what the plan is to get out of this mess, many have put a lot of faith and money into the club to back it in these times and it’s hurting as to how bad we’ve become on the field.

There’s various rumours spinning around about many players and staff members and it’s all creating a colossal mess.

The only news you see now about the club is the free meals and community work, the bread and butter side of the club needs addressing fast as that’s what the fans ultimately care about first and foremost.

Just some kind of interview even if to say “look I’m backing John 100%” would at least allow us to see the direction the club is going to take.

I'm a bit weary of this 'bad egg' talk. It doesn't wash with me. As others have said, it's become a bit of an Alastair Campbell spin line, deployed to answer any difficult questions.

'Why do we keep throwing away leads?'

'Why have players regressed?'

'Why did the players not look bothered today?'

"Ermmmm.... bad eggs."

If you're a manager you are tasked with managing the egos, ambitions, insecurities of 25 men. It's literally the job description. That's what makes Alex Ferguson the greatest of all time. Football is full of d********. Every manager has to deal with difficult characters.

If Askey has signed players he can't handle, or is unable to handle a few 'bad eggs', then it's a dereliction of his job as a manager. You can't expect to win promotion with 25 quiet, lovely lads. Either don't sign the players (one who came with massive warnings) or get a grip of them, as your job description dictates.

For me, a defense of Askey with 'there's bad eggs in the dressing room' only serves to reinforce that he isn't cut out for what we need from him. If there's bad eggs, get a grip and deal with it; don't let the entire season crumble away to the extent where we're now looking at the results of the team in 23rd.

It's an excuse for what has been sub-standard recruitment and management since October/November.

"Why has your company made a net loss this year"?

"Bad eggs in the workforce"

"Did you appoint these bad eggs?"

"Yes"

"Did you receive references that they were of poor character?"

"Yes"

"Have you tried anything to mitigate their bad egg tendencies? Suspensions, fines, removal from the workplace?"

"Not really, no."

"P45 is in the post, mate"

Archived