onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

6 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Talk to me about how you think Carol has no ambition.

Make some salient points.

I am no way anti carol in anyway - but i am starting to question her decision making 

1) for what reason is john askey still within a job 

2) if you are backing him come out and back him dont remain silent when the club is in that state in the pitch

3) if she is backing him come and say why if we don't have the money to do anything come out and say that 

4) if the the aim is play offs why is the last 11 results acceptable 

Advert

3 hours ago, Nofinikea said:

Yes you are.  I know its a very difficult concept for somebody like you to think they might be wrong, but on this occasion you are.  2 players in your list were not wanted by Askey, for the very reason of whats happened.  He was right all along and Carol knows it.  Thats why she is backing him.  By mid January, some of you will be owing Askey a massive apology and thankfully he is professional enough to quietly get on with it rather than further destabilise the club by mouthing off about it to all and sundry.

Askey isn't the problem...  

I’m genuinely intrigued, if a player (or players) are the issue and JA along with Carol are aware of it, then why are they in the side? Clearly they aren’t carrying us along to victory each week so just drop them.  If they aren’t playing then you can’t blame them for the results. .???? 

4 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

I am no way anti carol in anyway - but i am starting to question her decision making 

2) if you are backing him come out and back him dont remain silent when the club is in that state in the pitch

3) if she is backing him come and say why if we don't have the money to do anything come out and say that 

God damn it, I actually agree with most of that!

There have been more than enough idiotic comments and plenty of falling out on this thread today, some of it is totally uncalled for. But as a football club we are in a absolutely dire situation. Something is very wrong at the Vale. We are all indebted to the Shanahans for purchasing our club and saving a floundering ship.

But the situation now has to be addressed we are heading f o r non league oblivion, we are in freefall, and most fans now reluctantly do not believe that JA is the man to stop this situation. Carol must act, firstly to address the extremely worrying situation, and she must also act on the managerial situation, one way or the other. The Vale fans expect nothing less.

3 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Ay up Paul. Like your balanced post and optimism expressed in the last sentence. I can't share that optimism myself now. However, if you don't mind me saying, you're just the bloke I'd want standing next to me in the trenches. Shells bursting overhead, machine guns ahead and snipers all around, yet you'd still be trying to convince me that it'll be alright. 

Time for calm heads at the moment NE, I wouldn't be surprised JA's position is being reviewed. Next 3 games are crucial. 

2 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Time for calm heads at the moment NE, I wouldn't be surprised JA's position is being reviewed. Next 3 games are crucial. 

Weve won 1 in 11 the review should be already done we give him 3 games we will lose 3 games and that will be another 9 points dropped how many more points need to be dropped before its changed 

12 minutes ago, Alkie said:

I’m genuinely intrigued, if a player (or players) are the issue and JA along with Carol are aware of it, then why are they in the side? Clearly they aren’t carrying us along to victory each week so just drop them.  If they aren’t playing then you can’t blame them for the results. .???? 

Yes, quite right - but it goes beyond that. If Askey has two players who are undermining his authority to the point that it is sabotaging the team's results, those players could be dismissed for gross misconduct which, if fairly done, would leave them facing no damages or compensation for the ending of their contracts. And the club, providing it has the evidence of wrongdoing, could do this immediately and so nip the problem in the bud.

In any case, it shouldn't reach that point. Could anyone imagine Micky putting up with that? Their feet wouldn't have touched the ground.

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

Writing a post about how you are unhappy with Carols actions over Askey, saying she has no ambition and then stating that you stand by that statement means you can’t claim to be in NO WAY anti Carol... that’s 3 ways you have been. 2 if you don’t include this post which was a direct response.

Why is he still in a job - I don’t know but my guess = Cash is tight, Carol overpaid for the club to save it. She has built a successful business based on trusting people and helping them work through problems. She might think that  the chances of finding a new manager that will get us promoted is slim to none, so this season is a write off. She will have a line in her mind when the risk of relegation becomes more real... maybe she is not there yet.

Based on his performance last year, she probably believes that he has earned the right to try and turn it around with a January window. Is that right I don’t think so personally.

Why isn’t she communicating - I don’t know, maybe she is deliberating on a difficult decision and wants to afford those involved a bit of respect.

But to address the original point... To claim she has no ambition is stupid.

Also none of those 4 points points are about her ambition, just her approach to dealing with a set back.

If you were to question her approach to this problem, calmly, I couldnt argue.

But you clearly posted 2 “Carol isn’t doing what I want” posts during the game... you questioned her ambition as if to say she doesn’t give a sh*t about the vale and is happy for us to fail... which is stupid. You got called out and kicked off to the post  of calling me a pr*ck which was very naughty.

11 minutes ago, Platty's Tassels said:

God damn it, I actually agree with most of that!

Me too... it’s calmly written, no one has been sworn at, it “questions” rather than makes stupid statements like Carol has no ambition.

Maybe Mr 1995 is learning that ‘over the top’ shouting and ranting just leads to a lack of impact.

7 minutes ago, osprey said:

Why would he come to Vale?

I think he could be persuaded to come, not just for the money but also because Vale have far more potential than Morecambe. We're a club under excellent owners with ambition and Adams could be part of that in a way that Morecambe couldn't match.

Out of interest, I just read his CV on wiki and it's as good or better than most you would find in the lower leagues. He has had some outstanding successes and far, far more than Askey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Adams

It has changed my perception of him for the better - he would be an excellent candidate.

Archived