onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

26 minutes ago, grand prix pants said:

1 win in 10; a loss to a non league team in the cup; a couple of dramatic collapses; loads of goals against; rumors of unrest; manager being critical, team not responding. Not many managers survive all of that. As an owner I’d want to see that there was some light at the end of the tunnel. I can’t see any. Can anyone? 

And here is the sordid truth - on the last 8 games, we are propping up the whole of L2, even below Stevenage:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:8/type:home-and-away/

Frankly, I don't see how any manager could survive this after today's shambles.

48 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

We paid for 4 season tickets 🤔that won't be happening again,as not protecting that shower's wages any longer.

Do you mind me asking if you all reside together and watch together ? 

I paid 590 for my two , they sent me two codes up until it changed. Only used one every game as we watch together. 

So I've paid 590 for something I can get for 230 if I pay on the day. 

I'm seriously considering writing to Carol directly because the ticket office have not had the decency to respond to my emails.

If the 4 of you do watch together that's one hell of an outlay .

Be a miracle to me if we go any games this season. 

1 minute ago, CambridgeDon said:

And here is the sordid truth - on the last 8 games, we are propping up the whole of L2, even below Stevenage:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/league-tables/competition:league-two/form/matches:8/type:home-and-away/

Frankly, I don't see how any manager could survive this after today's shambles.

Thats bad reading. Sorry, Askey enough is enough

When Barrow went 2 up they never looked like losing the game, unlike us, they were non league last season and yet they had a system albeit a bit ale house,I am shocked what a ragbag outfit weve become, we are becoming a laughing stock, I feel sorry for Carol, the problem is she will confide in Garlick who is close to Askey and he will persuade Carol to be patient, problem is time is starting to run out if we continue in this form.

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Do you mind me asking if you all reside together and watch together ? 

I paid 590 for my two , they sent me two codes up until it changed. Only used one every game as we watch together. 

So I've paid 590 for something I can get for 230 if I pay on the day. 

I'm seriously considering writing to Carol directly because the ticket office have not had the decency to respond to my emails.

If the 4 of you do watch together that's one hell of an outlay .

Be a miracle to me if we go any games this season. 

My situation is:

Paid for three season tickets , separate households .

TBH I cant fault the Vale , for once when I have actually tried to get in touch, they have responded:ohmy:

1 hour ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

You are having a go at many people being upset and even angry, i am not angry by the way, but dont you think that these comments are needed. People do feel better for them and they do feel they need to vent their opinions.

I am sure Carol will have her views on all things Port Vale and will not even be aware, let alone take any notice, of any fans comments on here. Dont forget there are probably less than 100 / 150 at most who make comments on here, good or bad, calm or angry. If people feel they need to let their emotions go then leave them to it.

I fully understand the finances at the Vale but dont forget that 4000 season tickets also have a say in where we go next season. Just dont want to be starting in the National league. Recent results show we are dropping very fast down the league. Its got to stop .

I see your point... but when people start calling Carol out for having no ambition they deserve calling out.

Its amazing that people should be allowed to give whatever opinion they want... but I’m not allowed to give my opinion on their posts.

How does that work... if I think their posts are stupid, why can’t I call it out? Why am I censored for saying what many are thinking? 

Why are their opinions allowed to be set free into the world, but mine not?

1 hour ago, Valiant62 said:

Gibbo is definitely preferable to Mills. I’m hardly hailing Hurst as the next big thing but as his stamina builds I’d keep him on the left and favour Monty over Fitzpatrick on the left. If we had a left back who was both a good defender (like Fitz) and good going forward (unlike Fitz) I’d prefer Monty to Hurst up front but we’ve got to think about how to improve the back four within existing resources. On the right, if Gibbo isn’t fit, I’d consider Smith at right back as there’s slightly less responsibilty than the middle, Mills is a disaster and Smith might ease back into better form. The centre of defence is a conundrum. Legge might manage once a week /fortnight, Brisley has done ok enough to give a run and Crookes has to be tried there or released. 

I meant to say that Clark had been sent back not Mills in my initial post.

I know you specifically didnt say Hurst was the best big thing, but we’re that bad that we’re trying to cling to anything that’s doing ok at the moment.  He does have potential, but I think when we add fullbacks like Gibbo and Monty into the side then they have more about them in terms of assists and the odd goal, plus they may provide the vital link up play that we’re missing between fullbacks and wingers. Totally agree with your points above above about the back 4.  It could be the fact that uncertainty and mistakes from one player is having a knock on effect on the rest of them?

2 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

...Fans are allowed to have a different opinion to the one who hold.

Indeed - and, as it is their opinion, rather than fact, they do no need to be called names. or be derided or to supply "evidence" to back up their opinion! May this be "blind optimism"? Yes, it may...because it's still their opinion. And it isn't these people who need to give their heads a wobble!

7 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The reason you called out is because have your opinion but you call people mentally challenged and idiots for having a different opinion to you. Your the one that looks a <ovf censored> i promise you. Think your king of the thread and everyone else is idiots and your above everyone else when in fact your a little virgin

*you’re*

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

The reason you called out is because have your opinion but you call people mentally challenged and idiots for having a different opinion to you. Your the one that looks a <ovf censored> i promise you. Think your king of the thread and everyone else is idiots and your above everyone else when in fact your a little virgin

Talk to me about how you think Carol has no ambition.

Make some salient points.

Archived