onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Kings Lynn - Awful yet we didn’t lay a glove
Stevenage - Very poor yet we didn’t lay a glove
Barrow - Very poor yet we didn’t lay a glove.

It’s a worry and make mistake we are heading down fast. 0.5 points a game over the past ten points to us getting around 13 more points which would see us down. We have to turn this around fast but don’t see us going Bradford and Mansfield and getting anything at the moment.

We don’t seem streetwise enough, as I said with the injures we have and a covid positive case why not call it off? Other teams would have done. Most of L1 saw games off with 1 case today. We are too nice.

Not sure how we can turn this around, Askey doesn’t seem capable, the players are not performing and we have injuries mounting up on top of that.

Whitehead was awful again, Smith has lost form, Mills... why is Clark not playing?

Today we went through the motions, didn’t get into gear and looked half arsed. That’s the most unacceptable aspect.

REALLY ???? GIVE YOUR HEAD A WOBBLE MATE
You have put forward such a solid argument that I have completely changed my mind.

Later in the thread you call for mad dog. A man who has made a career out of having a good 4 months before everything falls apart due to his lunacy.

We had 9 reasonable months under askey and have had 3 bad ones. Things are awful at the moment and even I am questioning things but for me unless we lose every game he deserves until March. That gives time for a new manager to come in and get to know the squad before summer.

Lets not forget 6 weeks ago the argument was I don't mind losing every week but I can't cope with losing every week watching turgid football (which today it was). We then saw 2 away games in which we scored 9 of 16 goals.

28 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

One challenge is that is Carol does decide the risk of relegation is becoming too great and decides a change is needed, she won’t have sought out a replacement as I don’t think that’s her style... she is on the higher end of the loyalty scale.

That means we will need a caretaker... none of which will excite the folk on here with the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old who has dropped an ice cream.

The front runners will be Sinclair and Pugh... who I imagine, in this Covid time of very little revenue will be given a longer deal if they perform well.

Carol isnt made of money and is paying off the scumbag who nearly closed us down. This isn’t easy, resources are low.

What we don’t need is screaming, testicle tugging, fist banging over emotional nonsense being spat out at every possible opportunity.

Dont worry. Sit back and enjoy the football lads. I.C. knows all will be fine, we don t need to get upset.

Askey will get January.  And rightly so.
Let's call out some of the players.
Smith for a start needs a stint in the reserves.
Pope isn't getting into the box.
Brown is shot to pieces and is giving his back line nothing.
Joyce is getting deeper and deeper.
I could go on.

Quite correct but Askey is the manager and he should be doing this , but he either can’t or doesn’t think the same

30 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Not just that.....I've been sat thinking since it finished and whoever any new manager is, if it happens, still has those players to somehow get a performance out of.....it is enough to make you turn to drink...oh, wait a minute!

In Jan its easier to get one new manager than six new players.

New manager , new ideas, who knows ?

Why didn’t Crookes come across to block
Him though? He was marking no one
True he could have. It's a split second decision between leaving a space which it is your job to cover and going to the man. He made the wrong one but shouldn't have had the decision to make in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Dont worry. Sit back and enjoy the football lads. I.C. knows all will be fine, we don t need to get upset.

Classic example of over emotional anger.

Never said it would be fine. Never said I knew anything.

What I have said, multiple times is I want Askey gone. I have simply stated that if that happens we may need some patience or be prepared for a short or medium term solution based on the lack of finances in football at the moment.

Not sure what your point is at all.... complete waste of a post.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

No, I'm not. Every single player in that list was offered a contract under the Askey regime. Fact. 

Let's not forget his other masterclass signings, Bennett, Kennedy, Lloyd, Evans, Maddison and Archer. Yeah, give him January, he'll be reet. 

He never gave Archer a chance, a bit like Dior. What sort of club do we think we are, that we can have a player on loan at another club, who will never play for us. We are a hand to mouth club not a Premier league outfit. We can’t financially sustain a squad so big again it shows quantity over quality. I don’t know what the financial position of the club is but this situation is damaging the future of the club both on and off the field. We are in a relegation battle and without it changing ASAP, it’ll affect next seasons finances.

i love what Carol and Kev have done for this club and without them we’d be in the National league if not National league north. I think it’s now time fir them to step up and protect their investment. If JA stays and we survive I’m sure fans will not return in the numbers expected. It’s a long time she nice they played MCFC in the cup.

29 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I agree with most of that, unfortunately our better players are wide men which leaves the spine a bit weak. I’d probably rate Gibbo a little lower than you (he always has a mistake in him) and Hurst a little higher as he looks the best crosser of a ball at the club presently but the only “on form” spine player is Conlon.

Gibbo may have a mistake in him with his distribution but he’s nowhere a near the level of mistakes that are costing us goals like we are seeing at the moment from mIlls, Smtih and Legge. Not sure about Hurst yet, frankly he’s not done much of note and is unproven at this level so far. That just shows how bad we are at the moment if Hurst (who has done well granted) is being hailed as the next big thing. When Monty and Worrall are fit they’ll be back in the starting 11 IMO. 

23 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Whitehead was awful again, Smith has lost form, Mills... why is Clark not playing?

Mills has been sent back before his loan was due to end. 

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Classic example of over emotional anger.

Never said it would be fine. Never said I knew anything.

What I have said, multiple times is I want Askey gone. I have simply stated that if that happens we may need some patience or be prepared for a short or medium term solution based on the lack of finances in football at the moment.

Not sure what your point is at all.... complete waste of a post.

You are having a go at many people being upset and even angry, i am not angry by the way, but dont you think that these comments are needed. People do feel better for them and they do feel they need to vent their opinions.

I am sure Carol will have her views on all things Port Vale and will not even be aware, let alone take any notice, of any fans comments on here. Dont forget there are probably less than 100 / 150 at most who make comments on here, good or bad, calm or angry. If people feel they need to let their emotions go then leave them to it.

I fully understand the finances at the Vale but dont forget that 4000 season tickets also have a say in where we go next season. Just dont want to be starting in the National league. Recent results show we are dropping very fast down the league. Its got to stop .

Archived