onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Ay up Paul. Like your balanced post and optimism expressed in the last sentence. I can't share that optimism myself now. However, if you don't mind me saying, you're just the bloke I'd want standing next to me in the trenches. Shells bursting overhead, machine guns ahead and snipers all around, yet you'd still be trying to convince me that it'll be alright. 

Having Paul next to you is one thing but doesnt mean the final result will be good.

Advert

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Took his goal last week very well. Yes he is at the end of his career with us. You would only keep him next season on a very low wage.

If you want someone to put it about then Quigley would do better i am afraid.

Exactly!that's how bloody bad we've become🤔

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Ay up Paul. Like your balanced post and optimism expressed in the last sentence. I can't share that optimism myself now. However, if you don't mind me saying, you're just the bloke I'd want standing next to me in the trenches. Shells bursting overhead, machine guns ahead and snipers all around, yet you'd still be trying to convince me that it'll be alright. 

I think this is called blind optimism isn’t it?

I wouldn't keep him next season for no wage. Along with Joyce, legge, Whitehead, brown, Mills and Fitzpatrick

Took his goal last week very well. Yes he is at the end of his career with us. You would only keep him next season on a very low wage.
If you want someone to put it about then Quigley would do better i am afraid.

One challenge is that is Carol does decide the risk of relegation is becoming too great and decides a change is needed, she won’t have sought out a replacement as I don’t think that’s her style... she is on the higher end of the loyalty scale.

That means we will need a caretaker... none of which will excite the folk on here with the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old who has dropped an ice cream.

The front runners will be Sinclair and Pugh... who I imagine, in this Covid time of very little revenue will be given a longer deal if they perform well.

Carol isnt made of money and is paying off the scumbag who nearly closed us down. This isn’t easy, resources are low.

What we don’t need is screaming, testicle tugging, fist banging over emotional nonsense being spat out at every possible opportunity.

8 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Who would want our players at the moment?  Can only see our better players going and possibly players who are better than those JA seems to rate and keep letting him down.

I think a Conference side wanting to make a statement for a promotion push might take on Tom’s contract. I’d be hard pushed to let Smith go as I’d expect his form to come back but if it gave a bit of wriggle room for the right (very good) player, that might be an option. I couldn’t really see anyone coming in for Whitehead or Mills but they’re very expendible and their original signings don’t reflect well on Askey at this time. 

37 minutes ago, mikey said:

is anyone else worried that if he goes it might get handed to Pugh or Sinclair?

We need an experienced manager in who can get the results to keep us away from the drop zone, as thats where our battle is now. 

Not just that.....I've been sat thinking since it finished and whoever any new manager is, if it happens, still has those players to somehow get a performance out of.....it is enough to make you turn to drink...oh, wait a minute!

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

One challenge is that is Carol does decide the risk of relegation is becoming too great and decides a change is needed, she won’t have sought out a replacement as I don’t think that’s her style... she is on the higher end of the loyalty scale.

That means we will need a caretaker... none of which will excite the folk on here with the emotional intelligence of a 5 year old who has dropped an ice cream.

The front runners will be Sinclair and Pugh... who I imagine, in this Covid time of very little revenue will be given a longer deal if they perform well.

Carol isnt made of money and is paying off the scumbag who nearly closed us down. This isn’t easy, resources are low.

What we don’t need is screaming, testicle tugging, fist banging over emotional nonsense being spat out at every possible opportunity.

Worryingly there aren't many managers with a higher win percentage than Askey out there. Even for Vale, Askey win percentage is over 38% - which compares well to many others 

Whoever is the Manager in the next few months has real job on. This squad is a long way shy of having what it takes 

Pope, Legge, Brown, Joyce will need proper replacements finding as their best days are now behind them. It’s now reflection on them but old Father Time catches up with everyone unfortunately.

Mills, Whitehead, Burgess, Cullen, Robinson, Crookes, McKirdy are not good enough.

Oil leak cannot play enough games to be effective.

Conlon, Worrell, Amoo, Gibbons are good enough and a team needs building around them. I include Smith here based on his overall level of performance but he’s been way off the pace this last six weeks.

Hurst, Fitzpatrick have shown they could have a place in the squad.

I’ve always thought to go up you need 7-8 players who are good enough to play at the higher level. I don’t think we’re anywhere near that.

8 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I still can't believe there are a few posters on here who's heads are full of magic.

Tyler, you're all over the shop with your opinions, one minute you're for in then the next minute out, then for and a statement saying you got it wrong, then against etc etc. If a new person came in and had a few bad results you'd be shouting again.

Yep it isn't good at the moment and today was awful but plenty of time to put things right, especially give last season and the start to this one.

Fans are allowed to have a different opinion to the one who hold.

4 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

Whoever is the Manager in the next few months has real job on. This squad is a long way shy of having what it takes 

Pope, Legge, Brown, Joyce will need proper replacements finding as their best days are now behind them. It’s now reflection on them but old Father Time catches up with everyone unfortunately.

Mills, Whitehead, Burgess, Cullen, Robinson, Crookes, McKirdy are not good enough.

Oil leak cannot play enough games to be effective.

Conlon, Worrell, Amoo, Gibbons are good enough and a team needs building around them. I include Smith here based on his overall level of performance but he’s been way off the pace this last six weeks.

Hurst, Fitzpatrick have shown they could have a place in the squad.

I’ve always thought to go up you need 7-8 players who are good enough to play at the higher level. I don’t think we’re anywhere near that.

I agree with most of that, unfortunately our better players are wide men which leaves the spine a bit weak. I’d probably rate Gibbo a little lower than you (he always has a mistake in him) and Hurst a little higher as he looks the best crosser of a ball at the club presently but the only “on form” spine player is Conlon.

Archived