onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Worst performance of the season and a worrying run of results, the ball just didn't break for Vale today.

Injuries and absences have had a big effect on Vale, I thought the team that started today wasn't too strong and if we went behind it would be difficult to turn around., the squad is not as strong as some Vale fans think. 

With the absence of Gibbons and Clarke Vale are weak at full back, too many players are too injury prone, Whitehead is not good enough.

JA had a run of 4 defeats when he took over but turned things around, when we get players back and if we can strengthen in January he will turn it around again. If there's gonna be a bad run of results better it being this time of the season rather than Feb/Mar on.

Advert

Aren’t there some rules about squad numbers and players ages? He would have to ship out a couple to bring some in. I think Pope’s days are numbered if they can get someone to take him. Been a good servant (+ a bit of baggage) but the long bans won’t have impressed and I imagine he’s on a fair wedge. Smith, I’m wondering if he’s ill as his downturn in form has been so dramatic. Legge’s legs have gone over the last few months all of ehich is a considerable hole in the spine of the team. Even Brown has been beaten on shots he’d recently have stopped. 

5 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Nothing like a bit of a conspiracy theory or someone in the know of behind the scenes after a another pathetic defeat.

At this point I'm convinced Nofinikea is out for bites and we've all been caught. So fair play to him 

End of the day. Askey is garbage and needs the boot 

And he can take Crookes, Whitehead and Theo with him 

Has Askey got kids? He or she is probably Askey's son or daughter. And who wouldn't defend one of their parents until the Cows come home?

1 minute ago, Paul6754 said:

Worst performance of the season and a worrying run of results, the ball just didn't break for Vale today.

Injuries and absences have had a big effect on Vale, I thought the team that started today wasn't too strong and if we went behind it would be difficult to turn around., the squad is not as strong as some Vale fans think. 

With the absence of Gibbons and Clarke Vale are weak at full back, too many players are too injury prone, Whitehead is not good enough.

JA had a run of 4 defeats when he took over but turned things around, when we get players back and if we can strengthen in January he will turn it around again. If there's gonna be a bad run of results better it being this time of the season rather than Feb/Mar on.

I still can't believe there are a few posters on here who's heads are full of magic.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No, I am saying that Askey didn't want a couple of them because of there attitudes but was talked into giving them a chance.  Its not as black and white as many on here seem to think it is but Askey is conducting himself in an exemplary manner given the pressure these persuasions have put him under and he will be rewarded with Carol's loyalty.

He will turn this around.

Turn it around to what ? 

Finishing 12th . 

That's wholly unacceptable when you see far far lesser lights kicking our butt. 

Sometimes it has to be a case of thanks for your efforts it has sadly come to the end. Askey has done very well since he took over. From Kings Lynn onwards this season is becoming an embarrassment glossed over by the Bolton victory. 

I've sat on the fence and wanted him to turn it around. Last week made my mind up.

Today is yet another low supporting us. Outplayed by the mighty Barrow .

Good job Southend aren't up next.

Carol has no option. But I don't mean this in a derogatory way as she has produced a miracle to save the club from oblivion. However does she know enough about football to know who is available etc or is Danny Pugh her man. 

Just now, Valiant62 said:

Aren’t there some rules about squad numbers and players ages? He would have to ship out a couple to bring some in. I think Pope’s days are numbered if they can get someone to take him. Been a good servant (+ a bit of baggage) but the long bans won’t have impressed and I imagine he’s on a fair wedge. Smith, I’m wondering if he’s ill as his downturn in form has been so dramatic. Legge’s legs have gone over the last few months all of ehich is a considerable hole in the spine of the team. Even Brown has been beaten on shots he’d recently have stopped. 

Who would want our players at the moment?  Can only see our better players going and possibly players who are better than those JA seems to rate and keep letting him down.

6 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

No, I am saying that Askey didn't want a couple of them because of there attitudes but was talked into giving them a chance.  Its not as black and white as many on here seem to think it is but Askey is conducting himself in an exemplary manner given the pressure these persuasions have put him under and he will be rewarded with Carol's loyalty.

He will turn this around.

Who could possibly insist Askey signs players he does not want ?

If not Carol or Kevin then tell the rest to do one. Again shows a poor manager.

9 minutes ago, Howjy04 said:

I’d put the kids in for the next match,SL.

Well Askey will not play McKirdy so may aswell have another kid on bench.

Didnt need Robinson either. Leave Rodney up front.

If he is not happy with two players does he really believe they will play for him when they see nothing else available for him, Askey, and he has to throw them on

3 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Ay up Paul. Like your balanced post and optimism expressed in the last sentence. I can't share that optimism myself now. However, if you don't mind me saying, you're just the bloke I'd want standing next to me in the trenches. Shells bursting overhead, machine guns ahead and snipers all around, yet you'd still be trying to convince me that it'll be alright. 

1 minute ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Sadly Tom is really showing his age now,great servant ,but his best days are behind him.

Took his goal last week very well. Yes he is at the end of his career with us. You would only keep him next season on a very low wage.

If you want someone to put it about then Quigley would do better i am afraid.

Archived