onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

This was a truly sackable performance on top of, at 5 points out of 30, a truly sackable run of results. We will see what happens but I am seriously, seriously worried that Askey will be allowed to continue in the deluded hope that he can turn this around. He cannot - he simply does not have the footballing nous nor any of the other characteristics that a successful manager needs. 

No one can deny that we are now in serious danger of a survival battle, far from the expectations we, and our owners, had at the start of the season. If Askey carries on for much longer, he will take us into the National League where he, of course, would be comfortable. It would be complacent to think that it could never happen.

Seriously, seriously, it is time for a change before all our owners' excellent investment is completely trashed. And by change, I mean a properly experienced league manager who has the credentials to get us out of this mess. Allowing an inexperienced coach to cut his managerial teeth on a club in this position would be dicing with death. 

If our owners leave it any longer, it will be too late.

Advert

What the hell was that .

Gutless ,effort lacking no body putting there bodies on the line to keep the ball out of our net but Barrow had no trouble keeping us out because they were prepared do the ugly stuff .

WE are going down unless some of these so called players are moved on Smith he costs us a goal most games ,his defending today abysmal as usual ,as for Askey he can get out of my club you joker, take your other stoke loving <ovf censored> with you ,absolute disgraceful performance again.

Wow - can't remember us being as bad as that for quite some time. We could have played all night and I still don't think we would have scored.Why don't/can't we put teams under constant pressure when we go a goal down?

The players accepted their fate as the second goal goes. I'm pretty sure other teams in this league don't do that!!

Absolutely pathetic performance . JA has well and truly overstayed his welcome. It would have been very hostile for him and the players today with a crowd was in there. On the other hand maybe we would have seen more effort and determination with a crowd watching.

We have left it too late too pull the trigger, should have happened after Stevenage. 

To our fabulous owners please do it NOW before we get dragged into a relegation battle.

Askey has ran his race for us, that's clear to anyone sane. But some of our players are a disgrace and are pretty much stealing a living. What's this nonsense about Nathan Smith possibly playing higher up the leagues one day? He's absolutely rotten. Awful, awful "footballer".

The new manager will have the two keepers, Gibbons, Conlon, Oyeleke, Amoo and Rodney to work with. The rest are a much of nothing and I wouldn't be sad to see any of the rest go.

2 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

Because he has players in that dressing room who are killing us.  He needs the window to <ovf censored> them off.  Smith looks like he wanted to leave.

We have players on the bench who he didn't trust to bring on.  That tells you that certain people are not behaving.  

Give him January to rid us of the poisonous few and see if that steadies the ship.  

Hang on , he himself last year said he'd seen stuff he'd never seen in his life in football 

All the in the know people on here said it was Miller, Hannant, Rawlinson, Whitfield . They have all gone yet we still have bad eggs ?

I'm not having it , if we have bad eggs he has signed them 

Everything about today was wrong. Starting line up, easy to say in Hindsight I know but, Whitehead? Really? Subbed at the start of the second half and commentators think we’ve gone 442 but it’s clear Rodney is now playing behind Pope not with him. We do finally go 442 to late and move Rodney out on the opposite wing where he then never touches the ball again. We change players every week but keep the same bloody tactics and formation and expect it to be different?!? Today was every bit a manager clutching at the final straw. Anyone who denies it needs to give their heads a wobble. Aspin mark 2 has hit the buffers and has no clue what to do. 

Because he has players in that dressing room who are killing us.  He needs the window to them off.  Smith looks like he wanted to leave.
We have players on the bench who he didn't trust to bring on.  That tells you that certain people are not behaving.  
Give him January to rid us of the poisonous few and see if that steadies the ship.  

If he’s given the transfer-window he risks undoing all the hard work by the owners and staff off the field. Enough is enough, this is a dreadful run, nothing to do with bad luck and everything to do with an ex-insurance salesman out of his depth as a football manager.

I am sorry, but I did say in October what would happen. If Carol does not sack him she is not doing her job. If he has anything about him he will walk, lost the players. As for is something going on behind the scenes, yes must be nobody seems like they want to play. ASKEY GO NOW

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

5 points from a possible 30 is obviously not good enough and as the game is about results then regardless of whether you like Askey as a person or not, I'm afraid and with a heavy heart say the time is up and a change is required.

Sadly blackdog I agree fully with your sentiments.

1 minute ago, Nofinikea said:

Because he has players in that dressing room who are killing us.  He needs the window to <ovf censored> them off.  Smith looks like he wanted to leave.

The same players he can't trust are the ones he signed bar Legge and young Bailey from the academy.

I can't tell if you are trolling everyone for some sort of sick kick or a sucker for punishment because this is Aspin bad right now. 

We're 17th in the league for crying out loud. Wake up 

Archived