onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

Amoo doing a specific warm up according to Radio Sjoke.  Last time he did this he came on and came off shortly afterwards with an injury.  Please warm up properly and bring some urgency to these Muppets on the pitch.

Is he bringing off Pope or another midfielder like Whitehead,  Just been confirmed Whitehead.

Worst performance of the season by far from Vale. Woeful defending for their goal.

Whitehead and Fitz are not good enough for this level, injuries costing Vale, why isn't Clarke on the pitch. Barrow are a physical side, get the ball to Hurst as their right back is on a yellow.

Seems a blustery wind at Vale Park, going to be difficult to turn this around.

I'm not in favour of getting rid of the manager but can't understand the choice off the 2 weakest (In terms of strength) center halves against Quigley. I don't think Crookes has done badly. Smith awful for goal first hoofs it nowhere near anyone then puts in an awful clearance which causes him to be out of position putting Quigley through.

3 minutes ago, eh up nah said:

I can only think it's gone on for this long as we're getting massively financially stung by the restrictions currently in place.

Simply can't afford to have sacked him I'm guessing.

Surely he can't stay under any circumstances if we lose this.

If only we had beat kings lynn we could of used the prize money to pay off his contract. Tactical genius by askey lose that game so cant afford get rid of me all season

What service is he getting? He's getting clattered. Rodney anonymous and made useless when pushed out wide.
Hurst has put plenty of decent balls into the box actually. Pope hasn't got near any of them, preferring instead to stand at the back post and then moan. Last time he burst a blood vessel to get to a cross was man city away. Normal service is resumed.

1 minute ago, eh up nah said:

I can only think it's gone on for this long as we're getting massively financially stung by the restrictions currently in place.

Simply can't afford to have sacked him I'm guessing.

Surely he can't stay under any circumstances if we lose this.

People need to think a little before trying to turn people against Carol. Phrases like “no ambition from the bottom to the top” are an utter embarrassment.

If your only mental capacity is “not going well, manager not sacked, owner to blame” in a Covid riddled season where money is a serious concern to the woman who has pumped millions in to save the club, then I would suggest staying quiet. It’s f*****g stupid.

Just now, wotsyobeef said:

I'm not in favour of getting rid of the manager but can't understand the choice off the 2 weakest (In terms of strength) center halves against Quigley. I don't think Crookes has done badly. Smith awful for goal first hoofs it nowhere near anyone then puts in an awful clearance which causes him to be out of position putting Quigley through.

I like Smith but he was awful for the goal against Quigley of all people!!!

Just now, Iron Curtain said:

People need to think a little before trying to turn people against Carol. Phrases like “no ambition from the bottom to the top” are an utter embarrassment.

If your only mental capacity is “not going well, manager not sacked, owner to blame” in a Covid riddled season where money is a serious concern to the woman who has pumped millions in to save the club, then I would suggest staying quiet. It’s f*****g stupid.

Your boring you are mate 

3 minutes ago, Wrex said:

That was a manager 13 years younger than Askey with four times as manager promotions on his CV.

I want to see it working with Askey as he's a local man and that's rare to see in today's game. But I have to say if he was from Blackburn I'd probably have wanted him out weeks ago.

Most fans wanted it to work for Askey, but it seems not the case now.  

If Carol and Co do decide the axe will come down on him, can we please have a manager with no connections to Vale what so ever.

1 minute ago, PVFC764 said:

Most fans wanted it to work for Askey, but it seems not the case now.  

If Carol and Co do decide the axe will come down on him, can we please have a manager with no connections to Vale what so ever.

I'd hazard a guess it will be Danny Pugh's black and white army

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Your boring you are mate 

Why do you have to bring in peoples mental capacity and intelligence into every post you make. This a forum people can have different opinions to you without being less intelligence or having mental problems. And in fact i think youll find there is a lot more people in the askey out why isnt carol doing anything camp than not 

13 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Didn't Ribeiro get sacked on Boxing Day after a 1-0 home defeat?(.....maybe The Ghost of Christmas Past could pop into the Director's Box to pay a quick visit to Carol?!)

I think Ribiero resigned. From memory he apparently went begging to Smurfwaite for more money on the squad but Smurfwaite told him to get lost. 

No way did Smurfwaite pay him off. He forced out Page, Askey and Ribiero as I believe it was always a “mutual consent” quitting. 

Archived