onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Given the squad limits nowadays this isn’t a bad idea. He’s blatantly an excellent player at this level but we carry too many of these players. 

There is no doubting his ability and when fully fit for me he is one of if not the best midfielders in this league But we have carried him for a long time and as people say if you could pay manny off and say bring in Taylor(who i do think will be coming anyway) who will play 35+ games a season then its a no brainer to me

1 minute ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Some strange selections in the team Askey needs to win or he will and rightfully will get slated and if I was Brisley I would be off in January to the first club who made me an offer 

Mills and Smith both played badly last week but Mills was by far the worst performance I've seen in a Vale shirt for a long time. That miss at the end will go down in schoolboy football history. So, we'd have been better playing Smith there and Brisley and Crookes together. For one thing, I don't think we've ever played Smith and Crookes together as a central pairing but, from what I've seen, Brisley is far better than Crookes. 

A better selection might have tempted me to watch but I'm not going to risk a heart attack today in the company of that X1. 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Horrible 11. How is mills still in that side after the recent performances?!! Brisley on bench again. Mad. Whitehead is about as bad a player I’ve seen so not looking forward to this. Although it’s against 3rd bottom so I still expect something!!

As you said - it's against 3rd bottom.  So I expect to see us have a lot of the play and not score many off our 30 shots on goal, they will make 3 attacks during the game and win 3-2.  One of those will be an own goal from a Mill's swipe at the ball.  He tried last match and only managed to hit the wood work.

Come on Vale.

7 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Conlon tested positive so why are we playing when others are not in league one? Especially with our injury crisis on top you thought we’d call it.

I think teams get games called off if a few test positive not for one player as daft as it seems,no doubt if a few now get it then we will have games called off

8 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Conlon tested positive so why are we playing when others are not in league one? Especially with our injury crisis on top you thought we’d call it.

JA and Co not thought of that one.  Vale are just too goodie shoes and don't seem to do what other clubs do and work the system and call off matches to suit them.

There is no doubting his ability and when fully fit for me he is one of if not the best midfielders in this league But we have carried him for a long time and as people say if you could pay manny off and say bring in Taylor(who i do think will be coming anyway) who will play 35+ games a season then its a no brainer to me
Taylor came on as a sub 66min for the Iron today. Getting him match fit for us?

43 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I know i might get some stick here and i know it will cost a little bit but surely we should try and agree a pay off for manny in january and bring in a midfielder who will actually play  a number of games for us

Nothing to take stick for mate. I myself ( blows own trumpet) made exactly this point. 

Great player but a liability on the wage bill for the minutes he plays 

Has to be released purely on the economics of it all 

Sad because he's a quality player on the 14 occasions he's fit 

Archived