onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The new Messiah poll

Birches Head Fred

Advert

12 hours ago, valefan79 said:

I really can't see us changing managers even though now is surely the time.  For me I would be going in for someone like Derek Adams at Morecambe.  He did a good job in Scotland then went to Plymouth, lost in the play off final and then the following season led them to 2nd.  In the first year at league one they finished 7th just missing out on the play-offs.  The following season he did take them down but looks like he has turned his career around at Morecambe.  This is a team who have probably got a bottom 4 budget and he has them in the top 5.  

Yes they are higher in the league and you would argue why would he leave a team lower down than the league but surely we offer more than Morecambe.

Yes, I've always had a great respect for Derek Adams. He left a successful Ross County for Plymouth Argyle, must have had terrific self belief to do that (unless he thought Argyle were in Scotland), very successful at Plymourh until one bad season lost him the job, and now working wonders at Morecambe.

What manager is coming here to try and get a team with the 13th highest budget promoted out of the league certainly non of the above and no I'm not belittling vale I'm not accepting mediocrity I'm being realistic the budget has been cut the past 2 years Clarke is going back because we cant afford him we couldn't sign Matt or Maynard in the summer because we couldn't afford them. Just because we've got a big stadium doesn't mean we're a big club just as the large shoe doesn't necessarily mean big chopper. I'm not happy I'm fuming but I'd rather the money to pay Askey off go towards a new defense and then get rid of him in the summer

11 minutes ago, dishydave said:

What manager is coming here to try and get a team with the 13th highest budget promoted out of the league certainly non of the above and no I'm not belittling vale I'm not accepting mediocrity I'm being realistic the budget has been cut the past 2 years Clarke is going back because we cant afford him we couldn't sign Matt or Maynard in the summer because we couldn't afford them. Just because we've got a big stadium doesn't mean we're a big club just as the large shoe doesn't necessarily mean big chopper. I'm not happy I'm fuming but I'd rather the money to pay Askey off go towards a new defense and then get rid of him in the summer

Who signs this new defence then, askey? 

so then we have another season watching his competition winners 

edit. Also the budget is not even close to 13th. You mention that to try and back the manager as if he’s had no funds. We could afford Maynard and he was joining us until mansfield offered a stupid amount of money. 

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

How do you even recruit a manager in the current climate, Zoom interview? Does he have to self isolate for 10 days after his appointment before he even meets the players. Now more than ever is not the time to hastily change managers. Survive this season and see where we are then.

It certainly wouldn’t be acting hastily..... see where we are. How many times I’ve read that over the years. 

Act now. Get him gone before the window and let the new manager get his own players in. Then he can get assess before the summer window. 

1 minute ago, valiant_593 said:

It certainly wouldn’t be acting hastily..... see where we are. How many times I’ve read that over the years. 

Act now. Get him gone before the window and let the new manager get his own players in. Then he can get assess before the summer window. 

I like the way you totally ignore the logisitics of getting in a new manager and/or players!

7 minutes ago, dishydave said:

Budgets will all be the same,set at 1.5m,yes there are ways around things but we wont be 13th. I still say managers will want to come here now,seeing how carol runs things.. if you would have said this under the blue one that i would be 100% with you

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I like the way you totally ignore the logisitics of getting in a new manager and/or players!

Other clubs have done it. I don’t see a problem. They have an interview Dosent matter if it’s face to face or over zoom. I’m such pugh can look after the first team for a week or so; (as always when a manager is sacked) really don’t see an issue there. 

Archived