Manager Poll

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

There's no denying a lot of his signings have been poor but as more info comes out that he couldn't afford the players he wanted the question is who is really to blame. Mr Bowers said the other day he missed out on a couple of wingers as he couldn't match wages then there's Maynard Matt and Vaughan as well.
Yes his substitutions are poor at best but if he'd of took an attacker off and put brisley on at half time or even at 2-2 he would of been slated for being to negative. I personally think the only reason he's still in a job is because there's no money to pay him off no money for a new manager and no money in the budget to attract a new manager. Hopefully once they pay fatty off this will change but I fear that will be another year at least

Well you wouldn’t make that sub at 2-2 would you? You make it at 2-0 when they’ve made 4 or at the 3-2. It didn’t have to be brisley either it could have been a Cm to sure up the middle. 

i don’t know why you keep mentioning the budget. It’s not bad at all. Offered a very good wage for Maynard that he was happy to take until mansfield came back with a stupid amount 

• Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

17 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Well you wouldn’t make that sub at 2-2 would you? You make it at 2-0 when they’ve made 4 or at the 3-2. It didn’t have to be brisley either it could have been a Cm to sure up the middle. 

i don’t know why you keep mentioning the budget. It’s not bad at all. Offered a very good wage for Maynard that he was happy to take until mansfield came back with a stupid amount 

Nail on the head. We didn’t react to their subs until too late and that’s his other problem (bar recruitment but I do get what “wearestayingup” says). They made 4, we didn’t. They changed tactics and we continued to plough ahead. Imagine at 2 nil if we’d gone 442 or 451 , made it narrower etc. Their 4 subs wouldn’t have known what to do. But we didn’t and lost again. 
Poor from JA, give him these next couple of games and with no improvement, there won’t be any argument. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Nail on the head. We didn’t react to their subs until too late and that’s his other problem (bar recruitment but I do get what “wearestayingup” says). They made 4, we didn’t. They changed tactics and we continued to plough ahead. Imagine at 2 nil if we’d gone 442 or 451 , made it narrower etc. Their 4 subs wouldn’t have known what to do. But we didn’t and lost again. 
Poor from JA, give him these next couple of games and with no improvement, there won’t be any argument. 

Exactly and he keeps doing it ,game after game he should have reacted to it at 3-2 v tranmere those injury time time goals have damaged us more than any other game it was ridiculous and do not get me started on some of the players they lack what you need get out of league 2 BOTTLE. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

Exactly and he keeps doing it ,game after game he should have reacted to it at 3-2 v tranmere those injury time time goals have damaged us more than any other game it was ridiculous and do not get me started on some of the players they lack what you need get out of league 2 BOTTLE. 

Bang on the money mate. Seems like the Tranmere game has defined the destiny of the season. Joyce's idiotic challenge, the failure to make substitutions to manage the game correctly. 

It's all spiralled downhill from that day. At 3-3 the least we accept is a draw by game management and bringing on Brisley to kill momentum. 

Those last 3 minutes almost single handedly wrecked everything, morale, form, confidence and belief 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

the failure to make substitutions to manage the game correctly. 

It's not like that was a one off though was it? We say this every week, or criticise the timing and effect of his substitution choices.

I can't stop thinking that Legge losing the plot in injury time against Scunthorpe and allowing a forward who is seven inches shorter than him to effortlessly beat him to a header was the defining moment.

That was it. Dropping those two points cost us the play off finish.

Last season was the time to go up.

Now those players are older and are nowhere near the standard, the level, the confidence they were last season.

That Scunthorpe cross was the defining moment that cost us promotion last year and will waste this season. We likely will have to fundamentally rebuild in the summer meaning next season could well be too much of an ask as well.

• Like 1

Advert:

3 hours ago, dishydave said:

There's no denying a lot of his signings have been poor but as more info comes out that he couldn't afford the players he wanted the question is who is really to blame. Mr Bowers said the other day he missed out on a couple of wingers as he couldn't match wages then there's Maynard Matt and Vaughan as well.
Yes his substitutions are poor at best but if he'd of took an attacker off and put brisley on at half time or even at 2-2 he would of been slated for being to negative. I personally think the only reason he's still in a job is because there's no money to pay him off no money for a new manager and no money in the budget to attract a new manager. Hopefully once they pay fatty off this will change but I fear that will be another year at least

A lot of sense here but I believe JA has been backed as well as he could be. He knows the score financially and has been given a 'competetive' budget for L2. Smurthwaite has bled the club and continues to bleed the Shanahan's dry, they also know this and seem prepared to push on with the bigger picture.

So much positivity has been tarnished to a degree. You only had to look at Vaughan up front for Tranmere, he's on massive wages but surely Robinson and Cullen combined my be close? not since the halycon days of Tom Pope have we had a 20/ 30 goals a season striker, Tom is still by far the best with Rodney offering potential tbf.

I think recruitment has been poor, I also would have sacrificed some of the permanent signings and tapped into the loan market.

Is there only Phil Sproson supplying players to Vale or has his nose now been put out by Sinclair?

Bottom line this is we are not good enough for the play offs, Worralls work rate will be sorely missed during this period also.

Happy Christmas......

Edited by pete vale
spelling

46 minutes ago, Doha said:

It's not like that was a one off though was it? We say this every week, or criticise the timing and effect of his substitution choices.

I can't stop thinking that Legge losing the plot in injury time against Scunthorpe and allowing a forward who is seven inches shorter than him to effortlessly beat him to a header was the defining moment.

That was it. Dropping those two points cost us the play off finish.

Last season was the time to go up.

Now those players are older and are nowhere near the standard, the level, the confidence they were last season.

That Scunthorpe cross was the defining moment that cost us promotion last year and will waste this season. We likely will have to fundamentally rebuild in the summer meaning next season could well be too much of an ask as well.

No you are totally correct not a one off. I won't bore everyone by listing the games last season that we chucked away .

Sometimes we just don't seem ( horrible, cute, streetwise, ruthless) enough .

Brown is a master at time wasting I'll give you that but rarely see us doing the dark arts like throwing the ball away when it's a throw in or blocking a free kick etc. 

I am not advocating cheating at all but yes the odd yellow card might be brandished but it stops momentum. I'm the first one booing and cat calling the opposition when they do it , might just be me seeing it differently but our game management and tricks of the trade is abysmal apart from Brown 

• Like 1

The Walsall game was crying especially once we'd got to 3-2 for Manny to come on and add energy and power in the midfield, although Hurst should score at 3-2 a minute or so after Rodney and game over.

He has the squad but for some reason doesnt use it!

We've been defensively poor but he hasnt really changed it for weeks unless forced due to suspension or injury (and saying drop Legge for Brisley is great until you flash back to the Stevenage debacle!)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

No you are totally correct not a one off. I won't bore everyone by listing the games last season that we chucked away .

Sometimes we just don't seem ( horrible, cute, streetwise, ruthless) enough .

Brown is a master at time wasting I'll give you that but rarely see us doing the dark arts like throwing the ball away when it's a throw in or blocking a free kick etc. 

I am not advocating cheating at all but yes the odd yellow card might be brandished but it stops momentum. I'm the first one booing and cat calling the opposition when they do it , might just be me seeing it differently but our game management and tricks of the trade is abysmal apart from Brown 

Stevenage are the kings of “dark arts” and it isn’t doing them much good these days! 

Advert:

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Grimsby have lost Ian Holloway. You know what to do Carol, pick up the phone and get him in. 

Holloway is a real manager, like Adams, not a Sunday league chancer like Askey. 

Yep agree. I’d love Holloway was manager. Step up from askey

9 hours ago, dishydave said:

All this no money is a crock of poo honestly it is,the reason he is still here is because Carol has faith in him and thats fair enough its her club and she trusts him totally but to say we have no money for it is silly,we are restricted by budgets now 1.5m(lets not forget we didn't want a cap.....yea because we have no money right?).We offered maynard a fantastic offer but he played us to get something sensational off mansfield.

Carol is keeping faith in Askey and thats that simple as

• Like 1

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Spot on,it does do my head in a bit all this we are skint lark..... we DID NOT WANT the salary cap... that speaks for itself

• Like 1

Advert:

1 hour ago, Coyney Valiant said:

Has he resigned 

Yes,amazes me people want him....just check his record over last few years and in particular Grimsby yet they want us to ditch Askey who's record with us is in fact good won-34 draw-24 lost-30...... 38.6%

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Yes,amazes me people want him....just check his record over last few years and in particular Grimsby yet they want us to ditch Askey who's record with us is in fact good won-34 draw-24 lost-30...... 38.6%

Agreed. I'm still on the fence regarding JA, although I might fall off after the Barrow match. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be overly enamored at all with Holloway, who  I believe, if offered the job at Vale Park, would be here faster than a ferret up a pair of warm corduroys 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

All this no money is a crock of poo honestly it is,the reason he is still here is because Carol has faith in him and thats fair enough its her club and she trusts him totally but to say we have no money for it is silly,we are restricted by budgets now 1.5m(lets not forget we didn't want a cap.....yea because we have no money right?).We offered maynard a fantastic offer but he played us to get something sensational off mansfield.

Carol is keeping faith in Askey and thats that simple as

We offered Maynard a fantastic offer? Well Maynard didn’t agree. 

Carol can keep faith in Askey all she wants, but I reserve the right to say that’s the wrong call and Vale isn’t her club, it belongs to the fans. As Smurfwaite found out....no fans back you, no club. 

Most sane fans think Askey is a liability and want rid. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1