Manager Poll

Manager Poll  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Askey in/out

• In
    • Out

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

Like someone put last night we need 50 points from 23 games for the play offs , whoever is manager is struggling to achieve that

I think if we are honest at the beginning of the season we were all very happy with squad and on paper it’s one of the strongest squads we have had in years , but football isn’t played on paper

The players are nowhere near the form they were in last season , mills , whitehead , Robinson , Fitzpatrick haven’t hit the heights we thought they would as new players

Askey as much as We all want him to be isn’t the man to take us forward and get us out of this league

How this season is going with teams beating each other we still have a great chance,we could(and i say could) win our next 4 or 5 on the bounce(unlikely but look at walsall they did it,bolton did it etc) that would put us in the play offs imo and then it would be a matter of staying in there,i like every true vale fan wants vale to win every game whether people like Askey or not or want him out or not....lets all stick together and hope we get those wins

Onwards and Upwards

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert:

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Utterly disgusted with this topic. We have very short memories. We have a squad that is capable of competing. We are mid-table. Those who think they know more than a manager who has won titles at

JA came to PVFC and saved us from possible relegation in 2018/19 season, we were dire and had been for a few seasons. Turned Vale around and  almost certainly would have got Vale in the play-offs in t

Askey has won one title, in the level below. 'Titles at every level' is blatantly incorrect. He's also won a Cheshire Senior Cup, and came 2nd in an FA Trophy. No idea where you've got that fact from.

3 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

If there are any issues in the dressing room freeze them out and get rid at the earliest opportunity. Something isn't right at the Vale.They're very lucky to be in employment nowadays and many fans have coughed up hundreds of pounds to pay their wages and help keep the club going.Time to step Port Vale players!!!Also ,this poll doesn't really portray a true picture, as under 80 votes for over 4000 Vale fans says it all.Yes Askey needs to sort this mess out.

I think we will find out in January who are the problem players if there are any which on the outside it looks like there is

• Like 2

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I think we will find out in January who are the problem players if there are any which on the outside it looks like there is

I think we might find out a bit quicker than that.

• Like 2

Advert:

4 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

Who are they rumoured to be?

No idea, but the next team selection could be a pointer and Askey did express his frustration at some of his team who had been great for him but were not performing now and making schoolboy errors.

Smith getting subbed at Walsall maybe a clue ?

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

So Smithy is a trouble maker now is he? Pope got subbed. I really hate this rumour mongering from those "in the know". Is Worrall still off to Charlton?  Does us no good. 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, toyahw said:

So Smithy is a trouble maker now is he? Pope got subbed. I really hate this rumour mongering from those "in the know". Is Worrall still off to Charlton?  Does us no good. 

Notice the ? Coupled with Askeys comments.

I can't see Smith or Clarke being "Problem players" at Vale, they've both been at Vale for long periods of time and in the case of Clarke JA wouldn't have signed him for a 2nd time if there was a hint of "Problem" in him.

I can't understand why Clarke hasn't been playing at right or left full back.

10 hours ago, blackdog said:

No idea, but the next team selection could be a pointer and Askey did express his frustration at some of his team who had been great for him but were not performing now and making schoolboy errors.

Smith getting subbed was strange when you consider Legge is the one who cost us more goals on Saturday. But Smith coming off is an easier change to make when you’re trying to send a message to your centre halves, I really don’t think the manager would do that to Legge in a game. So I think Smith was the scapegoat for the defensive horror show on Saturday. 

Clark not being selected and also potentially going back early is a massive pointer to what’s going on behind the scenes. I’ve heard rumours from more than one very reliable source about Clark’s attitude and application this time around and the problems that’s causing. He may not have played as well in this spell but think about it, there is no way without good reason why anyone in their right mind would be ostracising a decent player when a, his replacement (Mills) is playing as poorly as he is and b, when the other right back (Gibbo) is still a number of weeks off fitness. 

• Like 2

Advert:

Just going off the vote on here shows that it isn't that cut and dried that fans want him gone,we are just a tiny minority of fans on here,this is why he will be getting at least one more game and one where i for one hope we trounce Barrow.... 4-1 Vale

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Just going off the vote on here shows that it isn't that cut and dried that fans want him gone,we are just a tiny minority of fans on here,this is why he will be getting at least one more game and one where i for one hope we trounce Barrow.... 4-1 Vale

It's a good point. 1/3 of fans on here want him to stay, and I've found OVF users to be far more... 'decisive' on stuff like management and owners, probably evidenced by the fact they spend their time sharing opinions on the Vale.

A lot of the rest of the fanbase are much more laid back about stuff, don't really have a strong view either way and are happy to be taken by the wind. I think a good 60-70% of fans fall into this category, who will watch/support the games but otherwise don't really worry themselves about it all. Wish I could be the same, to be honest.

The wise money is on Askey staying until the summer (and probably beyond) and there being a sizeable proportion of disgruntled fans are a result, but most won't be fussed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toyahw said:

Is Worrall still off to Charlton?  Does us no good. 

I mean, that was on twitter account who suggested they were 'interested'. No one 'ITK' shared it.

as I had this as an automatic promotion year.

.......and so did certain fans of Mansfield, Bradford City, Salford, Exeter, Tranmere, Walsall and so on and so forth. Nothing in football is a certainty and never has been. To finish in the top three of any division at the end of any season is one hell of an achievement. Promotion seasons aren’t like buses, to decide at the start of any season that “this is an automatic promotion year” is plain crackers.
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:

.......and so did certain fans of Mansfield, Bradford City, Salford, Exeter, Tranmere, Walsall and so on and so forth. Nothing in football is a certainty and never has been. To finish in the top three of any division at the end of any season is one hell of an achievement. Promotion seasons aren’t like buses, to decide at the start of any season that “this is an automatic promotion year” is plain crackers.

I agree, but I think expectations of 7th or above were fair.

Advert:

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Smith getting subbed was strange when you consider Legge is the one who cost us more goals on Saturday. But Smith coming off is an easier change to make when you’re trying to send a message to your centre halves, I really don’t think the manager would do that to Legge in a game. So I think Smith was the scapegoat for the defensive horror show on Saturday. 

Clark not being selected and also potentially going back early is a massive pointer to what’s going on behind the scenes. I’ve heard rumours from more than one very reliable source about Clark’s attitude and application this time around and the problems that’s causing. He may not have played as well in this spell but think about it, there is no way without good reason why anyone in their right mind would be ostracising a decent player when a, his replacement (Mills) is playing as poorly as he is and b, when the other right back (Gibbo) is still a number of weeks off fitness. 

Clark by the looks of it has had a torrid time off the pitch. His head hasn't been right .

This was tweeted by himself. Don't think it's that he's a bad apple it purely looks like he's had a rough time personally. 

Can people stop spreading rumours without any foundation on here .

Who knows what has gone on with Clark but reading his tweet he has had family issues.

Sick to death of muck spreaders on here who literally make things up about people. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Can people stop spreading rumours without any foundation on here .

Who knows what has gone on with Clark but reading his tweet he has had family issues.

Sick to death of muck spreaders on here who literally make things up about people. 

I assume that’s directed at me and suffice to say I would never say who my sources were, and trust me I would also never just “make something up”. But they are concrete as far as I’m concerned because these come from so high up within the club. IMO we need him on the pitch at the moment, but the club do not push players away for no reason and they certainly don’t if someone was just having family issues. 

Edited by PV1973